Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Do you keep extra gifts?

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
star Christmas Myths: The...
By MMC Editor
11-25-2012 11:51 AM
0 Posts
The Tradition of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 05:47 PM
62,560 Views  0 Posts
Mostly Homemade (and...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2011 03:22 PM
60,830 Views  0 Posts
The Reality of Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:26 PM
47,838 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas When Life...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:23 PM
44,633 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-29-2009, 08:53 AM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,148 Times in 815 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Yes,I try too anyway.I remember filling a bowl with lil boxes filled with candy and lil treats like soap,lotions,lipgloss,bracelets nothing too expensive.just incase someone dropped by with a lil gift.they look cute in the bowl and are there just incase.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 10-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

digbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry disposition
I have a present closet where I store all presents that I buy throughout the year. I usually buy a few extra things just in case. I also do ALOT of baking, so I, too, always have baked goods on hand.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Terri has shown a merry disposition
I have just recently started buying a few extra. A couple of years ago on Christmas Eve as we were celebrating before exchanging gifts, my sister and i noticed that we had gifts from our nephew and wife. He had NEVER brought gifts for us before and neither of us had anything for him. So we slid out the back door and went to her house real quick to pick a couple of gifts from her "extra" stash. We made it back in time for the gift exchange so all was well
Old 10-31-2009, 11:55 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

HollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elf
holly

Yes, We do a mystery gift exchange every year and while that is fun, I hate to say it but the gifts we take there seem to be the best. I am considering being a bit of a scrooge this year and placing some off the wall things in the pile. LOL it will be fun to see the looks on the faces of those who know which paper or bags we used when they open it up and just have to be polite about it.

PS last year someone actually put in a pair of those HOWARD STERN A$$MAN shorts in the pile. Talk about egg on the face when my M_I_L got them.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:06 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
Yes! We always have that one person who pops in for Christmas so we keep scented candles, books, coloring books and lotions/shower gels on hand and wrapped.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:43 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

karanmi has shown a merry dispositionkaranmi has shown a merry disposition
Sure do. I have 2 drawers in a dresser filled with different items for gift giving. I can dig into it any time of the year I may need a quick gift for something.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Maebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I always have a few things handy....just in case.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

gracie has shown a merry dispositiongracie has shown a merry disposition
I have a bag of extra gifts that I use all year in case of forgotton birthdays or someone needs something to give somebody. I like giving gifts
Old 11-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,676 Times in 881 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Absolutely! If I find anything that is a great gift at a economical price, I'll put away maybe 3 extra to have on hand if something comes up and I need a gift QUICK!
Sometimes it is a great flavored coffee or some warm bootie socks. One year, I made up canning jars with all the fixings for a great cookie and that was a hit.