Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,856
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,291)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 11-02-2009, 04:16 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Children in need

I am always shocked by how many children who do not receive presents for Christmas. And I cant believe how close to home it is too....
In my city we have an appeal called 'Mr X Appeal'...he is a unknown business man in Swansea that has run this charity for over 50 years. People are asked to donate gifts for underpriviledge children that would not receive anything come Christmas morning. I find this fact so hard to believe, but it is so true. I did donate last year and I will do so again. I just cant imagine a child waking up on Christmas morning with no gifts. This is something you wouldnt expect to happen in the UK today but it really does!! I suppose it happens in your part of the world too.
So PLEASE donate a little something and make a child smile on Christmas Day
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kelly ann For This Useful Post:
ChristmasFanatic56 (11-02-2009), Christmasstar (11-02-2009), JOHNOR (11-02-2009), pkcrafty (11-02-2009)

Old 11-02-2009, 05:24 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
santahat

Our company that I work for always collect donations and the match them to give to needy family. Clothing, Food and gifts are welcome.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:33 AM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

Mamax2 has shown a merry disposition
We have 'operation christmas child' here. I'm not sure if its run by someone local or nationwide. You get a shoebox and fill it with toys and donate it.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:48 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,215 Times in 9,479 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We have lots of organizations here who collect gifts for the needy. All a family has to to is sign up for this help and they will get gifts for their kids. I think it's a great gesture.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:48 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by Chillywilly View Post
Our company that I work for always collect donations and the match them to give to needy family. Clothing, Food and gifts are welcome.
thats great.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:44 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,522 Times in 28,937 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Chillywilly View Post

That is great to hear. The company my mom works for always collects toys for toys for tots and food for a local shelter. I always donate to both. The dollar stores here also always ask if you want to buy a gift for toys for tots while your checking out. I always put a twenty back for when I go there so I can buy some of the nicer toys to donate.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:40 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,932 Times in 2,418 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Don't forget, folks. We operate Santa's Sleigh.org...dedicated to the very same thing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (11-02-2009), digbugsgirl (11-02-2009)
Old 11-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
There are a lot of organizations that accept donations from people too make sure children get gifts for christmas. Our church has a giving tree as well, and I buy a gift every year.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,327 Times in 13,288 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

Originally Posted by Mamax2 View Post
We have 'operation christmas child' here. I'm not sure if its run by someone local or nationwide. You get a shoebox and fill it with toys and donate it.
I head up this program at our church this year. Here is write up about it taken from thier web site:
Operation Christmas Child is a fun and simple, hands-on project of Samaritan’s Purse that anyone can participate in. Each gift-filled shoe box is used to bless the life of a child living in a desperate situation.

Operation Christmas Child began on October 10, 1990, when Dave and Jill Cooke of Wrexham, Wales watched a television broadcast about Romanian orphanages. The Cooke’s wanted to do something to help the children living in the orphanages and realized what they could offer was the gift of love. A convoy of nine trucks was filled with medical supplies, food, clothing, and Christmas gifts. The trucks were driven into Romania marking the small beginnings of what is now the world’s largest children’s Christmas program.
In 1993, Franklin Graham, International President of Samaritan’s Purse, adopted Operation Christmas Child as a project of the ministry. Samaritan’s Purse first delivered gift-filled shoe boxes to children in war-torn Bosnia and since then more than 68 million shoe box gifts have brought a message of hope, joy, and love to children in over 130 countries. Last season, 713,294 shoe boxes were collected in Canada and distributed to children in more than 15 countries.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

ChristmasFanatic56 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasFanatic56 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasFanatic56 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasFanatic56 has shown a merry disposition
I love all the work Operation Christmas Child and my Church do around this time of year... everybody gets into the mood and you can tell who your true and genuine friends/people are.

Nice to know that there really are still some nice people out there!