Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2009

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,449
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Poems from...
By MerryCarey
05-15-2012 03:09 PM
43,482 Views  0 Posts
Xtree1 The Christmas Legend of...
By MMC Editor
10-29-2012 02:18 PM
37,918 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:35 PM
48,120 Views  0 Posts
The Legend of The Boar
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:58 PM
53,642 Views  0 Posts
The Battle Over Jingle...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:59 PM
49,712 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,910 Times in 1,066 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
Hey all, Its snowing here too! Yay! I found some Christmas music on the radio on the drive in to work. So that made me happy. Have a great friday!
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
Old 11-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
For the first, and probably last, time in my life, I want Black Friday shopping. I got up at 2:50 a.m., and was outside Old Navy by 3:20. The store had opened twenty minutes earlier, but already I had to wait in line for twenty minutes just to get in. The store was packed to the limit the fire marshal would allow, and it was hard to maneuver among the aisles, racks, and tables, and a lot of merchandise had been dropped carelessly onto the floor. By 4 a.m. I was done shopping there, not really finding what I wanted, but I picked up two pairs of sweat pants at half price and started to look for the end of what looked like a long line from the checkout counters. The queue stretched all the way from the front of the store to the back, curved around, and returned to the front along a different aisle. I waited in line ninety minutes before reaching the checkout counter. By then it was after 5 a.m., and most of the stores at the mall were open with no shortage of shoppers. The large fireplace in the middle of the food court was an unexpected pleasure on this cold, rainy and still dark morning, so I sat down and ate breakfast. Then off to Macy's, passing Santa's village, unoccupied by Santa or his elves at this early hour. Macy's was surprisingly un-Chrismassy except for the holiday music playing. Didn't see any great bargains in men's clothing that I wanted, and since I was tired, I decided to call it a day — if you can call it that before dawn.

Like streaking or spring break in Florida, Black Friday shopping is something you may want to try once, but not a second time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wenceslaus For This Useful Post:
whitney37354 (11-30-2009)
Old 11-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,288 Times in 787 Posts
brittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by Wenceslaus View Post
Like streaking or spring break in Florida, Black Friday shopping is something you may want to try once, but not a second time.

HAHAh! that is hilarious!
Hope all my Neighbors to the south had an amazing thanksgiving & a successful black friday!!!

I can't believe its Nov 27th already!!! This month FLEW by! I am stressing out a little bit, because usually by this time of year I am finished christmas shopping! I am having the hardest time thinking of what to buy people this year
Old 11-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,347 Times in 12,631 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I did not get a chance to visit via computer with my Christmas friends yesterday, but I trust that everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I sure did! We had maple brined turkey, homemade turkey gravy, Asiago-garlic smashed potatoes, broccoli casserole, Italian sausage-rice stuffing, corn, sweet potatoes, buttery homemade rolls, homemade cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie. I did dishes as I went along, but hubby took over at the end of the meal. What a pleasure! The local stations have started Christmas music earlier than ever before!! Woo Hoo!
Old 11-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 31,498 Times in 5,807 Posts
Binger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
finished all my shopping today- DONE.. all 100%!!

YABBA~~~

CELEBRATE LOVEMAS~
DARLENE LOVE ON LETTERMEN, DECEMBER 23, 2014!
Old 11-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 31,498 Times in 5,807 Posts
Binger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
crowds here were't outof control.. I parked right at the door!

YABBA~~~

CELEBRATE LOVEMAS~
DARLENE LOVE ON LETTERMEN, DECEMBER 23, 2014!
Old 11-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,347 Times in 12,631 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
crowds here were't outof control.. I parked right at the door!

YABBA~~~
Lucky!!!
Old 11-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 24,080 Times in 2,770 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Wenceslaus View Post
For the first, and probably last, time in my life, I want Black Friday shopping. I got up at 2:50 a.m., and was outside Old Navy by 3:20. The store had opened twenty minutes earlier, but already I had to wait in line for twenty minutes just to get in. The store was packed to the limit the fire marshal would allow, and it was hard to maneuver among the aisles, racks, and tables, and a lot of merchandise had been dropped carelessly onto the floor. By 4 a.m. I was done shopping there, not really finding what I wanted, but I picked up two pairs of sweat pants at half price and started to look for the end of what looked like a long line from the checkout counters. The queue stretched all the way from the front of the store to the back, curved around, and returned to the front along a different aisle. I waited in line ninety minutes before reaching the checkout counter. By then it was after 5 a.m., and most of the stores at the mall were open with no shortage of shoppers. The large fireplace in the middle of the food court was an unexpected pleasure on this cold, rainy and still dark morning, so I sat down and ate breakfast. Then off to Macy's, passing Santa's village, unoccupied by Santa or his elves at this early hour. Macy's was surprisingly un-Chrismassy except for the holiday music playing. Didn't see any great bargains in men's clothing that I wanted, and since I was tired, I decided to call it a day — if you can call it that before dawn.

Wow, Wenceslaus.
And I thought we had it bad this morning just not finding parking spaces!
Old 11-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Good evening! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. And a successful Black Friday. I plan to do some shopping tomorrow. I wrapped some gifts last night and got them under the tree. Hope you all have a good weekend!
Old 11-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,409 Times in 4,401 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Hy guys! Hope this finds all of you black friday shoppers where i am....ABOUT TO HEAD TO BED! i'm wore out and so is the wife....but we had fun....

tomorrow....is my bday! #33 for me.....going back to do more Christmas shopping (that's what I want for my bday)...looking forward to it...but now I'm going to bed and I shall see you all in the morning!