Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,791)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Tree Decorating with Wreaths
By JeanetteDi
10-26-2011 04:05 PM
78,826 Views  0 Posts
"Lill's Travels in Santa...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 08:48 AM
59,483 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Norman Rockwell,...
By MMC Editor
10-29-2011 11:15 AM
71,285 Views  0 Posts
Bells Christmas and Tragedy:...
By MMC Editor
12-15-2012 11:40 AM
Last post by Christmasstar
02-15-2013 08:32 PM
2 Posts
How to Stick to Your...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:43 PM
48,504 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Misfit Toy has shown a merry dispositionMisfit Toy has shown a merry dispositionMisfit Toy has shown a merry disposition
Well, not everyone celebrates it for religious reasons, which is why its such a wonderful time of year. It, the season and all the holidays this time of year mean and represent something different to everyone!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misfit Toy For This Useful Post:
Starider52 (12-09-2009), YellowSnow (12-05-2009)
Old 12-05-2009, 12:29 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

christmasjingles has shown a merry dispositionchristmasjingles has shown a merry disposition
it's true about X meaning Christ in Greek. and I agree; I will not take Christ out of Christmas. But, did you know that even if you see Xmas written, it is not pronounced X-mas. It would still be pronounced Christmas? putting Xmas is not in the same category as someone being politically correct by saying 'Happy Holidays', instead of "Merry Christmas." Anyway, writing 'Xmas' is really not dishonoring the Lord. I am pretty sure there is a blog or something right here on MMC about this very subject.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christmasjingles For This Useful Post:
Starider52 (12-09-2009), YellowSnow (12-05-2009)
Old 12-08-2009, 06:21 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,459 Times in 328 Posts
MerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to others
Merry CHRISTmas for sure....

God Bless us everyone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryNoel For This Useful Post:
JanaBanana (12-08-2009), Starider52 (12-09-2009)
Old 12-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Starider52 has shown a merry disposition
MERRY CHRISTmas !!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:40 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
For me CHRISTmas is incomplete without a nativity and this year I even have three sets !!
Old 12-09-2009, 03:23 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

BooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elf
Originally Posted by YellowSnow View Post
I found this on wikipedia. There's a big write-up on it so you may want to check it out if interested.

"The "X" in Xmas is from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of Χριστός, Christ in Greek"

YS
Yes, I've known this for quite some time now. I had a friend who used to get upset about it. While putting together a history of Christmas section for my MySpace Christmas page (now since deleted and moved to a Christmas blog), I found out about this from The Everything Christmas book. Very interesting! I still mostly write out Christmas, but in a pinch I don't have a problem using Xmas...knowing the meaning and that it is pronounced the same as CHRISTmas.
The Following User Says Thank You to BooksNChristmas For This Useful Post:
YellowSnow (12-09-2009)
Old 12-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

christmasjingles has shown a merry dispositionchristmasjingles has shown a merry disposition
[QUOTE=kerst;212028]For me CHRISTmas is incomplete without a nativity and this year I even have three sets !![/QUOTE same here. but you have me beat; I only have 2. I have my main one on top of our entertainment center so it's a focal point.