Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » Christmas and Home vs Christmas away?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,833
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 07-27-2009, 07:34 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Christmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnog
We are definitely homebodies on Christmas/Christmas Eve. That way, we can do our own traditions and do things the way we want too. Plus, I think it's hard if you have to travel and haul all the Christmas presents elsewhere. If we travel at Christmas time, we always go a day or two after Christmas.

On Christmas Day, our tradition is that we don't even get dressed. We stay in our Christmas PJs all day long. I'm not sure we could do that if we went anywhere.

My 9 year old daughter doesn't even like the thought of us being gone during the holidays. She's been like that for years.

My parents have spent Christmas with us the past 2 years and that's been fun to have them join us for our festivities.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas24/7 For This Useful Post:
Chillywilly (08-23-2009)
Old 07-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

BrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elf
Since I live out of state from the majority of my family I like to spend Christmas at home with my boyfriend. A few weeks before Christmas I will usually go out to see them and we just do Christmas a little early.
The Following User Says Thank You to BrittanyMarie For This Useful Post:
Chillywilly (08-22-2009)
Old 08-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
tree

I want to thank everyone for sharing what is most important to them around Christmas away vs staying home.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,322 Times in 4,540 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We travel a bit....our families are in different towns...my wife's is about 25 minutes away so we see them and mine are here in town...right now...that's fine...but when we have a little one (hopefully SOON), that's going to have to change....
The Following User Says Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
Chillywilly (08-23-2009)
Old 08-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
tree

Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
We travel a bit....our families are in different towns...my wife's is about 25 minutes away so we see them and mine are here in town...right now...that's fine...but when we have a little one (hopefully SOON), that's going to have to change....
I can understand that. When the little ones start to come things will changes.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

shireenstrachan13 has shown a merry disposition
WE stay at home. We always have done. I stay in PJ's most of the day - enjoying the day as best as i can. However, my parents and nanny go to my 2 elder sisters houses and i stay in with my other sister! It's great though, because we see them Christmas Eve and Boxing Day.