I'd love to get my Christmas song heard, does anyone know of web or commercial radio that will accept unknown unsigned talent....My song can be found on youtube, it is a piece of old time Christmas cowboy style..(Gene Autry, Rudolph)....Here's the link ....any help a big thanks in advance...
For the first time since 1996, Wyatt Cox was not contemplating another go at his annual “Christmas On The Radio” syndicated program. Indeed, when I checked his web site at various times for inclusion in this thread, it had not been updated with any 2009 content.
Well, according to a radio blog to which I subscribe, Cox is back! When quizzed about the show from several folks, Cox relented and went into the studio for another syndicated version of the show.
“Christmas On The Radio” is twenty-four hours worth of Old Time Radio. Stations may air the show as a whole or broken down into one hour segments mixed in with other programming.
• 5:00pm(daily) – Cinnamon Bear – A rebroadcast of the prior day’s edition.
• 6:00pm(daily) – Cinnamon Bear – 1937 radio drama for children featuring the quest for the silver star.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
• 12:00 noon – Children’s Christmas – It’s two hours of children’s favorite Christmas songs.
• 7:00pm – Christmas in Our Town – Three hours of your requests and dedications.
Monday, December 14, 2009
• 7:00pm – Polka Christmas Celebration – The distinctive polka sounds are added to Christmas classics in this collection featuring Joliet’s own Bob Doszak.
• 8:00pm – Big Band Christmas – Big band versions of your Christmas favorites.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
• 7:00pm – Christmas with American Idol Contestants
Holiday classics sung by American Idol contestants, featuring Clay Aiken and Kimberly Locke.
• 8:00pm – Kenny G Holiday Collection – Spend the holidays with Grammy winning Kenny G and his saxophone in this all-new special.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
• 7:00pm – Elvis Presley Christmas Collection – Elvis lends his soulful vocals to the sounds of Christmas.
• 8:00pm – Andy Williams Christmas Special – Spend an hour with Andy Williams as he presents his favorite Christmas songs, recorded live from his theatre in Branson, Missouri!
Thursday, December 17, 2009
• 7:00pm – Bing Crosby Christmas Collection – More holiday styling from Bing.
• 8:00pm – Christmas with the Rat Pack – Join us as the “Rat Pack” celebrates the holidays, featuring Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin.
Friday, December 18, 2009
• 7:00pm – University of St. Francis Schola Cantorum
USF’s own Schola Cantorum with their 2009 holiday concert.
• 8:00pm – Percy Faith Christmas Collection
A collection of orchestral Christmas arrangements by one of the most celebrated composers of the 20th Century!
Saturday, December 19, 2009
• 7:00pm – Christmas Across the Lands
Join host Randy Sherwyn for a Saturday night celebration of the season!
Originally Posted by RadioJonD
WCSF – 88.7 – St. Joliet, Illinois USA – University of St. Francis
WCSF has a fairly decent mix of traditional and some of the overlooked gems of Christmas music!
USF Celebrates the Holidays with 24 Hours a Day Christmas Programming!
One of the area’s finest holiday traditions, the Spirit of Christmas-holiday music, commercial-free, 24 hours a day from Thanksgiving Day, November 26 through January 2 - will again be presented by WCSF 88.7 FM, the student-run radio station at the University of St. Francis.
Classics, current hits and children’s songs will be featured as well as a variety of special programming, including local choirs and bands, according to Don Burke, Spirit of Christmas producer.
Listeners may call in requests at selected times, said Burke, who notes that more than 200,000 listeners tune into the Spirit of Christmas programming. This is the 18th year the University of St. Francis in Joliet has offered the Spirit of Christmas for the community.
WCSF 88.7FM reaches listeners throughout the greater Will County area.
For more information, call the station at 815 740-3214.
Here is an earlier than last year reminder - my 22nd Annual 24-Hour Holday Radio Show can be heard on 103.3 fm WPRB / http://www.wprb.com starting this Christmas Eve at 6:00 pm ET until Christmas day at 6:00 pm ET.
There will be links to both the "live listener chat" and "in-studio webcam" on WPRB's web site day of show.
My 2009 Christmas Radio Listening/Recording Schedule
I certainly hope that readers of this thread are taking advantage of the unique Christmas programming offered by public radio. Indeed, many stations, including my local Alabama Public Radio station, are already underway with special seasonal sounds! Consult your schedule today and don’t miss out on some great choral, orchestration, etc. programs!
As we head into the weekend, now is the time develop our listening/recording schedules!
Generally, the weekend before Christmas is when locally produced public radio shows will contribute their Christmas offerings. Again, consult and share your local schedules, especially if an online listen link is available. The national shows get all the attention, but local shows often go unnoticed except by local fans.
For this weekend (December 18, 2009) and the week leading to and including Christmas Day, here are my personal recommendations. Online listen links are included where possible.
The Bone Conduction Music Show Christmas Extravaganza (baby)!
A reminder from Thayrone X:
It happens once a year. It's a birthday party. It's THE BONE CONDUCTION MUSIC SHOW CHRISTMAS EXTRAVAGANZA! Don't miss it, fool. Sunday, 7pm...you ain't NEVER heard Christmas music like this before. Featuring the ghost of Bob Hope, Ann Margaret, Duane Hickman and The Bone Conduction Music Show dancers. And that hot chick the color of mocha latte from Bay Watch, can't remember her name right now. And make sure you stick it in your iPod. It's even better in July poolside. I ain't lyin', if I'm lyin' I'm flyin'. And I ain't flyin'. This coming Sunday 12/20, knock a Christmas hole in it. Book mark it, write it on the wall: www.thayrone.com Be there!
Happy Birthday Jesus!!! And thank you for all that you do,