Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2009 Christmas/Holiday Radio Programming & Schedules

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,832
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 12-19-2009, 09:14 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,235 Times in 2,287 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
WCSF - Week Four

Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
WCSF – 88.7 – St. Joliet, Illinois USA – University of St. Francis

WCSF has a fairly decent mix of traditional and some of the overlooked gems of Christmas music!

http://www.stfrancis.edu/spirit/

All Christmas with an online listen link

From the web page:

USF Celebrates the Holidays with 24 Hours a Day Christmas Programming!

One of the area’s finest holiday traditions, the Spirit of Christmas-holiday music, commercial-free, 24 hours a day from Thanksgiving Day, November 26 through January 2 - will again be presented by WCSF 88.7 FM, the student-run radio station at the University of St. Francis.
Classics, current hits and children’s songs will be featured as well as a variety of special programming, including local choirs and bands, according to Don Burke, Spirit of Christmas producer.

Listeners may call in requests at selected times, said Burke, who notes that more than 200,000 listeners tune into the Spirit of Christmas programming. This is the 18th year the University of St. Francis in Joliet has offered the Spirit of Christmas for the community.
WCSF 88.7FM reaches listeners throughout the greater Will County area.
For more information, call the station at 815 740-3214.
I’ve gone on and on about this station since I discovered it, but now I’ll just say you are missing out if you haven’t stopped by for a visit!

Here is the fourth and final week schedule for WCSF, 88.7 from the University of St. Frances in Joliet, IL USA. Don’t forget when your favorite “Holiday Station” pulls the plug on the twenty-fifth, WCSF will still have a week and twelve hours to go!

http://www.stfrancis.edu/content/the...eam/index.html

Week 4

Daily
 5:00pm(daily) – Cinnamon Bear – A rebroadcast of the prior day’s edition.
 6:00pm(daily) – Cinnamon Bear – 1937 radio drama for children featuring the quest for the silver star.

Sunday, December 20, 2009
 12:00 noon - Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas
The complete original story returns to WCSF and the Spirit of Christmas to delight children of all ages.
 12:30pm – Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol – The classic recording of the holiday masterpiece featuring Basil Rathbone.
 7:00pm – Christmas in Our Town – Three hours of your requests and dedications.

Monday, December 21, 2009
 7:00pm – Roger Whittaker Christmas Collection – A collection of holiday favorites performed by Roger Whittaker.
 8:00pm – Christmas with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra – A collection of holiday favorites as only the Trans-Siberian Orchestra can perform them.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009
 7:00pm – Christmas with Nat “King” Cole – The other “king” presents the greatest Christmas songs of all time, along with some selections from his daughter, Natalie Cole.
 8:00pm – The Carpenters Christmas Collection – The 70s singing sensations perform their classic holiday collection.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009
 7:00pm - World’s Greatest Choirs – Two hours of the best large choirs sing all the best holiday classics.

Thursday, December 24, 2009
 12:00 noon – Top 25 Christmas Songs of 2009 – A countdown of your favorite Christmas songs of 2009 as voted on by our listeners.
 5:30pm – Snoopy vs. the Red Baron – The children’s classic, and rare, telling of the complete story of Snoopy vs. the Red Baron. A Christmas Eve tradition!
 6:00pm – Cinnamon Bear – The exciting conclusion of the children’s Christmas classic.
 7:00pm – Christmas Eve with Bing Crosby and Friends – A Christmas Eve special featuring Bing Crosby.
 8:00pm – Mormon Tabernacle Choir – Starting at 8pm Christmas Eve and airing throughout Christmas Day, different special programming featuring the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

Friday, December 25, 2009
 5:00pm – Cinnamon Bear – A repeat of the exciting conclusion.
 6:00pm – Christmas Across the Lands – Join host Randy Sherwyn for a 36 hour celebration of the season!

Thursday, December 31, 2009
 12:00 noon – Top 25 Christmas Songs of 2009
A rebroadcast of 2009’s top Christmas songs.
 9:00pm – Top 25 Christmas Songs of 2009
A special New Year’s Eve repeat countdown of your favorite Christmas songs of 2009 as voted on by our listeners.

Saturday, January 2, 2010
 12:00 noon – Spirit of Christmas Ends
Spirit of Christmas officially signs off the air as we resume regular “The Edge” programming as Joliet’s only commercial-free alternative station.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:07 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

CKUA Radio Network - Canada

< Sorry I missed this in time for some of the shows already aired! I just got this from Stubbysfears over at FaLaLaLaLa. This is an excellent example of why I hope more folks get involved! To do it right ain't no one man show! rjd >

http://www.ckua.org/ with an online listen link!

http://www.ckua.org/programs/progAnn...0164&IDs=40164

Fab Five – Gift Ideas From Our Announcers
Saturday, December 12 – Friday, December 18
Stuck for gift ideas over the holidays? We have the solution. Between Saturday, December 12 and Friday, December 18 each of our announcers will present their choice for five solid CD’s you could put on your gift list, either to give or receive.

Jack Semple’s Cool Yule
Friday, December 18 – 8-9pm (pre-empts Alberta Discoveries)
Friday, December 25 – 5-6pm
Jack Semple is what one might call a musician’s musician. Not only is Jack a great guitarist who is always pushing his own envelope, he’s also a great singer. Jack brings these two talents together for a performance of some of the songs from his critically acclaimed CD, Cool Yule. We recorded Jack’s performance last year at Festival Place in Sherwood Park. Joining Jack are Andrew Glover on keys, Dave Chabot on bass and Steve Hoy on drums.

A Jazzy Christmas
Saturday, December 19 – 2-3pm (last hour of A Time For Jazz)
Rebroadcast Friday, December 25 – 8pm
Come, they told me... to A Jazzy Christmas! Join Juno nominated drummer boy Sandro Dominelli performing with pianist Chris Andrew and bassist Rubim de Toledo. The trio will also be joined by the smooth and sultry jazz vocalist Johanna Sillanpaa. The music is a holiday mix of jazz standards and Christmas favourites.

Baba’s Grooves
Saturday, December 19 - 7-9pm
A special edition of Baba’s Grooves will pay tribute to our hard-working men and women overseas who serve with the Canadian Forces. This show will also be broadcast by the Forces on CFRT (Canadian Forces Radio & TV).

The Carol Project
Sunday, December 20 - 3-4pm (pre-empts Sounds to Grow On)
Rebroadcast Friday, December 25 – 1-2pm
This one-hour special broadcasts the popular Christmas Carol Project in its entirety and includes interviews with producer John Armstrong and one of the Project’s contributing artists, Maria Dunn. The Carol Project’s cast also includes Bill Bourne, Tom Roschkov, Ken Brown, Kevin Cook, Terry Morrison, Al Brant, Bill Hobson and Dale Ladouceur.

World Spinning
Sunday, December 20 - 4-6pm
World Spinning will be featuring exclusively Christmas music - from all over, and from the middle ages until this minute.

Roy’s Record Room-Shellac Shack Santa
Monday, December 21 – 6-7pm
Think you’ve heard it all? Not until you hear what Roy’s preparing for the holidays! From the arcane to the standards, Roy will dip into his vault of 78’s to bring you some solid selections from Christmas' past.

LATE BREAKING NEWS FROM THE NORTH POLE!
Someone’s been messin’ with the ol’ Shellac Shack Santa’s sack of goodies. As well as rare 78s from Roy’s massive Christmas collection, we’ll hear some cool Christmas 45 and LP cuts on Monday’s RRR. We're now calling it the Shellac Shack Santa’s 3-Speed Platter Party – featuring C&W, doo-wop, rockabilly, choral, gospel, novelty, – you’ll hear it all this coming Monday evening. Don’t miss it! And, if you're partial to Mince Meat Tarts, go here for a special treat from Santa Roy!

Classic Examples - A Choral Christmas
Thursday, December 24 - 7-9pm
Spend your Christmas Eve with Orest Soltykevych for this special edition of Classic Examples. You'll hear a variety of choirs celebrating the Christmas season.

Christmas Day Programming
Friday, December 25 – 10am–1pm
Join The Road Home host Bob Chelmick for a one-size-fits-all, hand-crafted, zero-emission Christmas show from his cozy, solar-powered cabin in the woods. For 3 hours Bob will take you to another place - his home on Nakanum Lake, north of Edmonton, for a cozy celebration of the holidays.

Zero To Ten By One – With Kevin Wilson
Thursday, December 31, 10:30pm – 1am
Nightcap host Kevin Wilson will be taking you on a musical ride through the first decade of the twenty-first century. By 1am, we will have covered some of the best music from 2000 to the start of 2010. Zero To Ten By One!

The Decade in Focus
Friday, January 1, Noon – 4pm
The great music of 2000-2009 is the focus on the first day of the second decade of the twenty-first century. CKUA Music Director and Dead Ends and Detours host Peter North hosts conversation with guests from across the province about the music that has shaped them – and us – over the past 10 years.

CKUA can be heard on the below radio frequencies throughout the province of Alberta, or through the StarChoice satellite system on channel 828 throughout Canada, or through our Windows Media stream worldwide.

AM Band:

Province-wide, Alberta 580 AM

FM Band:

Athabasca 98.3 FM
Canmore/Bow Valley 104.3 FM
Calgary 93.7 FM
Drumheller/Hanna 91.3 FM
Edmonton 94.9 FM
Edson 103.7 FM
Fort McMurray 96.7 FM
Grande Prairie 100.9 FM
Hinton 102.5 FM
Lethbridge 99.3 FM
Lloydminster 97.5 FM
Medicine Hat 97.3 FM
Peace River 96.9 FM
Red Deer 107.7 FM
Spirit River 99.5 FM
Whitecourt 107.1 FM
Old 12-19-2009, 10:11 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Roy's Record Room

Looks like I’ll have to figure out how to add this to my recording schedule! Can any of the fine Canadian content here at MMC capture this for me? I'll take anything from an audio cassette on up! Of course, I'll have something to trade!

In fact, I'll trade for anything from the above post line-up!

http://www.ckua.org/programs/roysrec.../comingup.html

Coming Up on Roy's Record Room

SHELLAC SHACK SANTA'S THREE SPEED PLATTER PARTY ON ROY'S RECORD ROOM

LATE BREAKING NEWS FROM THE NORTH POLE!

Someone's been messin' with the ol' Shellac Shack Santa's sack of goodies. As well as rare seasonal 78s from my massive Christmas collection, we'll be hearing some cool Christmas 45 and LP cuts on Monday's RRR. Let's call it the Shellac Shack Santa's 3-Speed Platter Party - featuring Christmas C&W, doo-wop, rockabilly, choral, gospel, novelty - you'll hear it all this coming Monday evening.

Yep, that's Monday, December 21st, six PM sharp - for the Shellac Shack Santa's 3-Speed Platter Party on Rooooooy's Record Room - the show where we check out Christmas past to pick up a few Christmas gifts for the future. Don't miss it!

Last edited by RadioJonD; 12-19-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:51 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
I'm listening now, but I can't guarantee I'll be around at 6 pm tomorrow.

Wonder if they'll add it to their archives. I'll give it a try for tomorrow.

A little lesson for moi - can I simply tune in, listen and save it as a playlist then download it down to a thumb drive or a blank CD for you?

I sound like such an amateur because I am when it comes to this stuff.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:53 AM

Last Achievements

AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
You can always toss me an email at my yahoo account with the "how to" if I'm way of course on getting it done and I will try and do it for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to AuntieMistletoeDear For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (12-20-2009)
Old 12-20-2009, 11:21 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Late Breaking, Time Sensitive WWOZ, New Orleans

At time of this post, Cajun and Zydeco with Charles Laborde is on at WWOZ.

From 12 noon to 2pm, CT, it's Cajun Christmas music! Hurry!

Listen link at:

http://www.wwoz.org/programs/cajun+a...e+or+jim+hobbs

My recorders are running at full speed this weekend and this coming week!
Old 12-20-2009, 11:25 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by AuntieMistletoeDear View Post
You can always toss me an email at my yahoo account with the "how to" if I'm way of course on getting it done and I will try and do it for you.
Thanks, Sis! I think I've got Roy's Record Room worked into my recording schedule for tomorrow night. Though I won't be home, the timers should kick in. LadyJonD wil be the back up!

I don't think CKUA arcives any audio except interviews that they have conducted.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:12 PM

Last Achievements

I love the back up plan. Now the pressure is off. However, I'll try to catch it tomorrow if I can.

Yeah it looks like interviews that are archived.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:17 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Bone Conduction Music Show Christmas Extravaganza (Baby!)

BCMS Christmas Extravaganza just got underway at post time! Get there now!

www.thayrone.com

Follow listen links!
Old 12-22-2009, 08:33 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by AuntieMistletoeDear View Post
I love the back up plan. Now the pressure is off. However, I'll try to catch it tomorrow if I can.

Yeah it looks like interviews that are archived.
Phooey! I managed to miss the, even with two recorders set! I added instead of subtracting the time zone difference. Cindy wan't home. PHOOEY!