Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Controversy & Opinion » Athiest Complaint Leads to Removal of Angels, Stars from Christmas Trees

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Controversy & Opinion Visit Defend Christmas.com Presented by Defend Christmas, this forum covers the difficult topics of the season -- from the famed and fabled War on Christmas to church and state debates to using the star or the angel on the Christmas tree. Modern Christmas celebration has it's complications -- schools are divided, some Christmas light displays are too much, some even argue that it is better to call it a "holiday" tree. Some merchants won't even say "Merry Christmas"! Where there is controversy, there is insanity. Even in Christmas.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,839
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 12-23-2009, 08:50 AM
MMC Newshound

Thanked 1,555 Times in 1,078 Posts
ElfBot has disabled reputation
Athiest Complaint Leads to Removal of Angels, Stars from Christmas Trees

There’s no place for angels atop Christmas trees, according to one California man who successfully lobbied for the removal of religious symbols at county buildings after spotting a yuletide decoration last week.Stars and other religious emblems were ordered removed from Christmas trees in all government buildings in Sonoma County on Monday following a complaint by [...]

More from Defend Christmas...
Old 12-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

frostrabbit has shown a merry disposition
*sigh*.
The Following User Says Thank You to frostrabbit For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-06-2014)
Old 12-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

bastones has shown a merry dispositionbastones has shown a merry dispositionbastones has shown a merry dispositionbastones has shown a merry disposition
absolute rubbish, we need some common sense in politics.
The Following User Says Thank You to bastones For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-06-2014)
Old 12-23-2009, 09:07 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 12-24-2009, 12:24 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

christmasjingles has shown a merry dispositionchristmasjingles has shown a merry disposition
how is it that one or maybe a handful of people like this get their way over a great majority??
The Following User Says Thank You to christmasjingles For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-06-2014)
Old 05-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

ChristmasKid77 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasKid77 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasKid77 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasKid77 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasKid77 has shown a merry disposition
Again, goes back to my theroy that somewhere along the way Christmas and the people that celebrate it became fair game and almost "fashionable" to target.

I dare you to try this with any other religious celebration or tradition.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChristmasKid77 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-06-2014)
Old 05-18-2010, 05:48 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by ElfBot View Post
There’s no place for angels atop Christmas trees, according to one California man who successfully lobbied for the removal of religious symbols at county buildings after spotting a yuletide decoration last week.Stars and other religious emblems were ordered removed from Christmas trees in all government buildings in Sonoma County on Monday following a complaint by [...]

More from Defend Christmas...
Okay, I've never had to "swear on the Bible" in court, but was wondering if that's still common practice? Seems to me if folks are granted "a win" in removing stars, Angels, and other Religious images from the court Christmas tree then "swearing on the Bible" and wearing crosses should also be outlawed.

It really is ridiculous. I've never understood why it bothers someone who doesn't believe to see images that have special meaning for those who do. They can decorate their trees their own way, why do they have to lobby to put laws in place? Are they afraid they might catch Religious Fever?

I'm so proud of my city. We still refer to our annual tree lighting ceremony as the Old Fashioned Downtown CHRISTMAS Walk.

Last edited by AuntieMistletoeDear; 05-18-2010 at 05:58 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AuntieMistletoeDear For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-13-2011), happyelf (06-02-2011), snowflake22 (03-06-2014)
Old 05-18-2010, 05:49 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

G.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeG.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeG.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeG.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeG.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeG.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeG.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeG.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeG.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeG.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeG.Bailey would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
This sort of news is sad and unfortunate. They can take away our ability to put such "offensive" things up in public places, but they can never take it away from us in our private lives. Inside and outside our homes can be wall to wall with what makes us happy, and the same goes for what we keep inside us. Lets never let those 16-18% take Christmas from us, maybe we can only show them how happy we really are as they prod thru life looking for things to condemn. Merry Christmas everybody!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G.Bailey For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (05-22-2010), snowflake22 (03-06-2014)
Old 05-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by christmasjingles View Post
how is it that one or maybe a handful of people like this get their way over a great majority??

It's because they speak up. If for every 1 anti- 100 pro- spoke up just to let them know this isn't going to slide than thing probably would be better.

I think things like this should be put on the ballet. Let people have the chance to speak to politions through their vote.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:49 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,216 Times in 28,865 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Billy Battles View Post
It's because they speak up. If for every 1 anti- 100 pro- spoke up just to let them know this isn't going to slide than thing probably would be better.

I think things like this should be put on the ballet. Let people have the chance to speak to politions through their vote.

I agree with letting the public vote. It is a public area so let the public decide on what it wants in that area.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (05-22-2010), snowflake22 (03-06-2014)