Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » ** Post Your Great Moments of Christmas 2009 **

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,434
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Little Girl's Christmas:...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 07:55 PM
53,877 Views  0 Posts
A Mom's Letter to Santa
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:40 PM
Last post by lauriebear
09-16-2011 12:36 PM
59,928 Views  3 Posts
Santa Everywhere
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:15 PM
43,662 Views  0 Posts
How To Get Great Holiday...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:00 PM
46,936 Views  0 Posts
Is it Donner or Donder?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:53 PM
48,494 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-30-2009, 12:59 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,135 Times in 26,516 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
There are a few things that really stick out to me this year.

1.) My 93 year old neighor would stop every morning on his way to go get coffee and look at my countdown to christmas sign and everytime I saw him he told me how much he liked it.

2.) The fun my nieces had playing with all of my santas when I had to babysit them.

3.) Watching my 20 month old niece on christmas morning running to the pile of gifts and picking one up. Then she would run aroung the room tearing off the wrapping paper as she went and then sit down where ever she was and look over her new gift. Then she would run back to the pile and start over again.

4.) Spending my first christmas season on this wonderful website.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
AuntieMistletoeDear (12-30-2009), clarebear (01-30-2010), MsChristmas (01-18-2010)
Old 01-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Maebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
#1 was just having my family here on Christmas! With a 24 and 25 year old, it's nice to know they still want to be here. They both need a job and that's the main reason they're here but I'm sure they'd be here Christmas Day. I hope that one of them will get married and give me a grandchild, too.

#2 Hearing my students say "thank you" when I gave them their gifts.

#3 Our "kazoo play along" at school. I gave them all a kazoo, mini tamborine type thing and a microphone. These were all cake toppers and free from a place called Crayons to Computers. At the end of the last day before break, I told them to get their kazoos out. I showed them how to use them and we did a few Christmas songs... "Jingle Bells," "Rudolph," and "Up on the Housetop." The kids learned the last one in Music. It was a bit chaotic but ocassionally, you could hear the correct tunee. It was fun to say the least. Then, I got to send them all home.

#4 My kids play instruments...Ricky plays the saxophone and Alice plays the clarinet. On Christmas Eve, after eating, they played a few Christmas songs...solo and together.

#5 Making and eating Christmas cookies.

#6 Making a Gingerbread Train with 2 of my nieces. That was fun and very memorable!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Selene has shown a merry disposition
That was really special Christmas for me...actually, the best I've ever had...

December 23-24...Traditional Christmas shopping with my friends...I call it "Christmas buyings rush"))) The Mall full of people, gift shops and my favorite store with candles (adare them))) - I'm in high spirits!!! I bought a huge amount of candles and lighted them at night...wonderful sight!!!

December 25...We celebrated Christmas at the Uni...that was great!!! We brought lots of food, candles, statures (actually, I don't know how they are called...but something about Christmas). We sang christmas songs (but on German), recited poetry to the audience, I narrated the Christmas history and just had fun. Thanks a lot to my teacher and all the friends who share the Christmas feeling with me. I'll never forget that day)))
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Selene For This Useful Post:
AuntieMistletoeDear (01-04-2010), clarebear (01-30-2010), MsChristmas (01-18-2010), Shiny Brite (01-03-2011)
Old 01-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

pattilynn has shown a merry disposition
Radio... prayers here too.

This will sound like a pity party thing but honestly it is not!

after dealing with preditory lenders...bad news we lost our house... good news the darn house was a money pit! this allowed us to move to a town we've been wanting to move to for 10 years and to get away from very toxic relatives!

So the first time in years dh and I had a peaceful quiet Christmas day.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pattilynn For This Useful Post:
AuntieMistletoeDear (01-09-2010), clarebear (01-30-2010), judypancoast (01-10-2010), MsChristmas (01-18-2010), RadioJonD (01-08-2010)
Old 01-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,382 Times in 4,397 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
My best memory of this year was when my brother got home the night before Christmas Eve. We all were together and my parents bought a game for us to play. The Family Feud for Wii and boy did we feud! It was so much fun!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
AuntieMistletoeDear (01-09-2010), clarebear (01-30-2010)
Old 01-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

judypancoast has shown a merry disposition
Just being with my husband and my girls on Christmas morning. It's as simple as that. Oh yeah, and getting Season One of the X-Files!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judypancoast For This Useful Post:
AuntieMistletoeDear (01-11-2010), clarebear (01-30-2010)
Old 01-13-2010, 07:36 AM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,445 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

The first weekend in December, on December 5, I think, I went to help decorate my sister's tree. When we get together, we are such "goonbabbles." We put her tree up in between joking and laughing. When we finished, I went to dinner with my sister and my brother-in-law. Then we came back to their house and my sister and I watched A christmas Carol with Alastair Sim.

On Christmas Eve, my husband and I went to my sister's house as usual and I just cannot explain how I feel on that night. I feel a "glow" inside, a kind of warmth. My husband turned on the radio and we listened to an all Christmas station on the way to my sister's house. I sang out loud to the carols (good thing nobody but my husband and God heard me!!) and it was so wonderful. The houses on the way were AMAZING. At my sister's house, the 4 of us talked and visited and opened our presents then my husband and I came back home and opened our presents at our house.

Christmas with my sister is ALWAYS so special. She is my last "family of origin" member alive. We have always been close but because of some of the stuff we have gone through during the years are even closer. I think she is part of that Christmas Eve "glow" I get.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
AuntieMistletoeDear (01-16-2010), clarebear (01-30-2010), Wen (01-21-2010)
Old 01-30-2010, 04:46 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
This Christmas was not a great one for me as I am going through some things that make it difficult to enjoy my favorite holiday, my brother was laid off from his job again and money was tight for all of us this year.

What we learned was that we can have a great Christmas on little money and that we were all together as a family. We had a nice dinner, talked and opened our gifts around the tree.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Santa's Helper For This Useful Post:
Annette1990 (01-30-2010), AuntieMistletoeDear (01-30-2010), caninemom3 (01-30-2010)
Old 01-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
we were all together as a family. We had a nice dinner, talked and opened our gifts around the tree.[/quote]

What really counts!! Hang in there friend.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by Annette1990 View Post
we were all together as a family. We had a nice dinner, talked and opened our gifts around the tree.
What really counts!! Hang in there friend. [/quote]
Thank you!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story