Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2010

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,657)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Story of Black Peter
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:49 PM
Last post by Angioni
09-16-2012 09:19 AM
1 Posts
Christmas Candles
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:20 PM
54,013 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in England
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:13 PM
43,439 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas Story (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:21 PM
60,545 Views  0 Posts
The Legends of Nature at...
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:54 PM
46,215 Views  0 Posts

Old 01-01-2010, 05:46 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
If you hurry, you can still grab some tasty goodies at the Shispering Pines New Year's Feast!

Wonder how that camel does it.

The Following User Says Thank You to AuntieMistletoeDear For This Useful Post:
Annette1990 (01-01-2010)
Old 01-01-2010, 05:50 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
May there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me!

Another year of counting down with friends who have become familiar "voices" of fun, support and comfort.

Looking forward to it all.

For sure, Peace is something you make happen, you can't wait for everyone else to deliver it.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,467 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Good Morning Everyone. Our daughter and her friend managed to stay up to watch the Ball Drop in Time square last night!!!! However it did not take them long to fall alseep afterwards. LOL! The kicker is that both girls were up before 7 this morning. I want the enegry these 8 year old girls have!!!

The girls and I made monkey bread this morning. That is baking in the oven now and I have a pot of coffee brewing as well. YUM!!!

Well today is the day we are taking down the inside decorations and hopefully the outside ones too (weather cooperating)

Have a great day and Happy New Year!!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 07:10 AM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 24,051 Times in 2,767 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Only 16 days to our first milestone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah!
Noticed that, did you?
Old 01-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 24,051 Times in 2,767 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by AuntieMistletoeDear View Post
.....Neato! I just realized I was the last one to post in the last three countdown threads.....
That has become a tradition now, Auntie!

Cold here again, with temps in the mid-30's.
That will seem warm by tomorrow and Sunday!

As Made pointed out, we are barely over 2 weeks off from our first Season Milestone, the 300-day window!
(This is true of course, since the Season Count has been running quietly since last Nov 13. Ah! The beauty and the benefit of the Season count!)

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends!
Old 01-01-2010, 07:23 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,762 Times in 1,181 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
I admit that I never went into the countdown thread last year, but that will change this year. Happy New Year everybody!!!!

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
Old 01-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,374 Times in 4,397 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good morning, all! Hope everyone got home safe last night...and that you wake up this morning and feel....like you don't have monkeys swinging in your head kicking your brain!

Very uneventful (which I am thankful for) New Years Eve ! Just me and the wife and sis in law family and we had alot of fun. The wife and I have to run some errands today to prepare for our big event tomorrow, which is going to watch my favorite college team in a bowl game! Can't wait!

Well, I'm gonna run! By the way, one of my New Year's Resolutions is to quit using .... as I type. I sent a memo out to school employees the other day and in the midst of it was ... ! So if you see me typing like that, feel free to tell me to stop!

Binger, Brad, Made, and whoever else likes coffee, the first pot just got done brewing! Come on over! Better yet, we can meet at Shispering Pines and eat those leftovers!
Old 01-01-2010, 07:29 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,369 Times in 9,026 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Snow-in-Texas View Post
I admit that I never went into the countdown thread last year, but that will change this year. Happy New Year everybody!!!!
I only went on here a few times. I need to plan on being here more in 2010! Happy New Year everyone!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

Old 01-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,609 Times in 4,412 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Happy New Year, my Christmas friends!

I'm sad that Christmas has gone again, but I look forward to counting down to Christmas 2010 with all of you!

I think we'll take the kids out to a movie today. It's kinda rainy and dreary. Maybe Nancy'll let me wait another week before taking down the Christmas decorations, huh?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,085 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
happy new year gang!

i had a great one, we went to a friend's dinner party and had a couple of drinks, my daughter isobel (who is 3 months old) slept soundly so i had a lovely, relaxing night!

well, it's that time of year again... i just love this thread, it definitely stops the after christmas blues getting too bad. i am making a pledge to post here lots and lots.

right, i'm going to make a coffee.....

Despite my username, I am female!