Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2010

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,843
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 01-01-2010, 08:49 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,260 Times in 28,880 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Coach- Only 44 days to daytona!!!!!! Let's hope the new year brings better luck.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
and 356 days till DARLENE LOVEIS ON LETTERMEN.. Ask Made and Coach how it was this year.. and you too will start counting down..

YABBA
can someone explain this to me? being in the U.K i don't watch letterman. does darlene love go on the show at the same time every year and sing 'all alone on christmas'?

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
Happy New Year all...Last night we had the traditional Westover slideshow recapping all of last year's images -- more than 2500 in all! -- and due to that I missed the closing of the old thread and the opening of this one.

Now I get up, like a creaky old man, and stare all this through frosty eyes this morning...it all seems to fresh.

You should all know that some things are going to change -- dramatically change -- here on the website in the coming weeks. But this thread will NOT change. It stays and will only get better and better.
i'm scared! i hope it's change for the better?

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 01-01-2010, 09:06 AM

Last Achievements

made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
can someone explain this to me? being in the U.K i don't watch letterman. does darlene love go on the show at the same time every year and sing 'all alone on christmas'?

Almost right. She is on letterman every year for his christmas show on the 23rd of december and sings Christmas: Baby Please Come Home. It has been like 17 years in a row now.
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (01-01-2010)
Old 01-01-2010, 09:12 AM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
You should all know that some things are going to change -- dramatically change -- here on the website in the coming weeks. But this thread will NOT change. It stays and will only get better and better.

I'll be looking forward to the changes. I agree with Johnor that it is kind of scary to think that the place we love so much is going to change but I am sure you will do a great job and that it will be better than ever.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:37 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,931 Times in 2,417 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
I don't think it is anything to fear. Couple of reasons -- first of all, the script that powers the site has been upgraded and it forces us to change some things. We don't look to take anything away -- just add to what we've already got.

I am very resistant to changing what is traditional and nothing has been more traditional than our look. Our design has been basically the same since our first online efforts back in 1994.

But the time has come to update it and that more than anything else is what most will notice and comment about. We're heading into our 19th year overall in our Christmas efforts and we've caused worlds old and new to collide here for a long time. That has caused for a muddled presentation overall and we need to clean it up a bit -- make it shiny and more efficient. It will be the foundation for the next 5 years or so.

I am proceeding slowly and as I get things closer the crew -- of which Crown is a part -- will get to play, test and suggest tweaks before we just dump it on everyone. I am attempting to make the old available with the new for those who won't like the change. Don't know yet if that is going to be possible but we're putting in the extra work just in case. I don't want to lose anyone because we have to do this.

We've grown a ton -- and that, I suppose is more of a reason for doing this than anything else. More people will come. And we've just got to make room for them. But like the great features of any home, this thread will not change and it will forever have a prominent place. It has become a singular feature of MMC.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:49 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,521 Times in 1,984 Posts
brent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa envious
Happy New Year!!!

Unfortunately, I disappeared for a few days. I've since returned to Ottawa and had to get my bearings straight after living back in the Sault for three plus weeks. Nice to see that the new Christmas Countdown has already begun and I look forward to counting down with each and every one of you throughout the year. I greatly enjoyed 2009 and cannot wait for 2010 and the new decade will bring!!

"The bells, the bows and the flashing lights, the mistletoes and the 'Silent Nights. It's all for show, but that's all right. That's not why I love this time of year..."
Old 01-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
Happy New Year everyone! I am so excited to see the new countdown has begun! My son, daughter, and I stayed up past midnight. Hubby did not. My son was determined to stay up and he did. He is still asleep. He will probably regret staying up so late. I plan on doing nothing but resting and watching football games all day. I love the Bowl games. Whatever you have planned today, I hope you have a great day.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Coach- Only 44 days to daytona!!!!!! Let's hope the new year brings better luck.
I am looking forward to it, too!

Also, there is only 48 days until pitchers and catchers report to spring training.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Snowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry disposition
Happy New Year everyone(and new decade as well)! Here we go again!!!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

ScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elf
Happy New Year

I am looking forward to Monday & Tuesday 4th & 5th as I have these 2 days off work and while everyone else goes back I can watch all the Christmas TV specials and films I recorded on Sky+ (TiVo) its goning be a fun day, I also wonder what my Christmas film of 2010 will be when I watch it.

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.