Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » R.I.P. Christmas Ornaments 2009

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,657)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Tradition of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 05:47 PM
62,568 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity: The Story...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:42 PM
81,065 Views  0 Posts
The Nutcracker
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:34 PM
50,158 Views  0 Posts
The Legends of Nature at...
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:54 PM
46,215 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in Mexico
By MMc Editor
06-02-2002 09:17 PM
43,248 Views  0 Posts

Old 01-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

judypancoast has shown a merry disposition
R.I.P. Christmas Ornaments 2009

Did you lose any ornaments to cats, tree-falling-over-disasters, little kids or some other tragedy?

R.I.P: My Santa on a spaceship with alien that came from Roswell, NM. Darn kitties!
Old 01-11-2010, 03:42 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

EdNog is a good elfEdNog is a good elfEdNog is a good elfEdNog is a good elfEdNog is a good elfEdNog is a good elfEdNog is a good elf
Sorry for your loss! That sounds one fun ornament! Santa and the Aliens, sort of an "Xmas File"!

I lost one of my treasured baubles this Christmas past. When I went to put the tree up last year it was there in its box, broken into pieces. It was one my grandmother had given us as kids and it meant a lot. The sad thing is I think it must have got broken when we put the tree away in Jan 2009 so it had been lying there in pieces all through the year and we didn't know!

We always seem to manage to lose at least one ornament during the season, I aim to correct that this year!

Old 01-11-2010, 04:16 AM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,445 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
santahat

Actually through my own fault I broke one of my porcelain snow men from 2009 which I had just bought. I had a series of them from Hallmark and this was the newest one. I had them sitting in front of some Santas on the mantle and by accident knocked the newest one off on the floor. He shatted into a million pieces. Since the season is over, I will probably not be able to find him again.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:26 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,152 Times in 12,624 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

got a new pack of burgundy and gold ornaments to put in a bowl with some lights for the table and broke one of them...that was the only one
Old 01-11-2010, 05:42 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,374 Times in 4,397 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Happy to report no broken decorations in 2009!
Old 01-11-2010, 06:27 AM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,787 Times in 1,618 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
A couple... one nutcracker was mysteriously dismantled... hmmm.. could it be the almost 2 year old in our house? Another nutcracker has a sad broken foot now (same toddler! lol), Big Bird lost an arm and a poor kitty lost it's head... I can fix that one, though!
Old 01-11-2010, 06:57 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

ChristmasRose has shown a merry dispositionChristmasRose has shown a merry disposition
present

Originally Posted by judypancoast View Post
Did you lose any ornaments to cats, Darn kitties!
I'm so sorry about your loss, judypancoast...!

Yes, we certainly did. In fact, there were several less ornaments to put away this year. Thankfully, all can be easily replaced.

Our new kittie, Sprite, (b/w tuxedo guy) glued himself to our tree.

When he wasn't busily chasing ornaments around the house, he was cutely sleeping under it and also drinking all the water...! We're hoping his second Christmas with us will be a bit more toned down. (Yet still FUN...!)
Old 01-11-2010, 06:58 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I know how you feel...I've been there myself. As a matter of fact this year while dragging out Christmas decor I noticed one of my snow globes broke. I was pretty devastated. It was a Christmas Around the world (House of Lloyd) Mary, Joseph and the baby Jesus. I gave this to my mother many years ago and it was given back to me in 2000 or so. I can't bear to throw it out. I heard on the news a few years back that a man in either Minnesota or Michigan is well know for fixing and restoring these. I hope to someday have it sent to him or someone to have it fixed. I am hoping with all the new plastic rubbermaides I bought and better packing will help with this problem as this isn't the first time I've found something broken.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:02 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,059 Times in 26,508 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I only lost one this year. One of my santa ornaments had his head broken off by my youngest niece.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,613 Times in 578 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
DD broke the "pearl" off of my oyster orni, but the orni is fine. I dropped one of my Possible Dreams Santas and one leg shattered into a few pieces. I mananged to superglue him together enough that you have to really look from the front to see it (don't be staring at his backside or you'll see under the coat that he's missing part of his upper leg)! DD dropped a star ornament too ("Mommy, I'm sorry to break Jesus' star...")

There are only a few ornies that would really bother me to lose and I put those on top so DD can't get to them.