Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » What are you missing most?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,945
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,111)
Welcome to our newest member, TeamYANTSU

Old 01-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Sapsorrow has shown a merry dispositionSapsorrow has shown a merry disposition
I'm completely missing the lights in the windows, the smells of holiday cooking (we don't make many sweets when it isn't a holiday) and pine, and Christmas music. We didn't have any lights or decorations this year, but next year I plan to leave the lights up until Easter.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sapsorrow For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-15-2010), HomemakinGirl (04-20-2013), Santa's Helper (01-31-2010), Smiley21 (05-12-2010), superdave1225 (02-17-2011)

Old 01-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,554 Times in 4,598 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I miss the family events. There are so many of those during Christmas and when it's over, the events just stop. How sad.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (04-20-2013), Smiley21 (05-12-2010), superdave1225 (02-17-2011)
Old 01-24-2010, 11:28 AM
is waiting for Fall
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,826 Times in 1,097 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
I'm missing the pretty lights in my living room. It looks so dull in here now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2010, 10:36 AM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
EVERYTHING! I'm going to cherish everything next year...Christmas 09 came and went way too fast!!
Old 01-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by olga View Post
Im missing my doggy..
This was our first Christmas without him.
So sorry to hear. That can be rough. Animals become such a huge part of our families.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Santa's Helper For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (04-20-2013), olga (01-31-2010), Smiley21 (05-12-2010), superdave1225 (02-17-2011)
Old 01-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
I missed this whole season this year. I forced myself to watch the commercials and listen to Christmas music on the radio but even with that I didn't listen all that much, which is rare! I have a whole bunch of Christmas specials and movies saved on my dvr that I have yet to watch. I hope next Christmas is better. I still watched the whole 24 hours of A Christmas Story though!!! Nothing will stop me from watching that. I wish it was on for 24 hours right now.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Santa's Helper For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,875 Times in 9,591 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Im missing my doggy..
This was our first Christmas without him.
Sorry to hear.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (04-20-2013), olga (01-31-2010), superdave1225 (02-17-2011)
Old 01-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 75,289 Times in 15,042 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Turning on the radio and having Christmas music on the airwaves.

I still see a Christmas related commercial quite often. The Special K commercial
where they play Sleigh Ride. Of course its for losing weight but seeing the tree and hearing the music makes me smile.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:36 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

And as you can realise, nobody in the family wants to get a new puppy, cause everyone still hurts.

Maybe we all need more time..
It took me a year before I was ready for a new puppy. At first I didn't want another dog because it's too hard to lose them but then I found myself missing the love of a dog so I wanted one. You'll get there when you're ready. Takes time but it will get easier.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Santa's Helper For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-31-2010), HomemakinGirl (04-20-2013), olga (01-31-2010), superdave1225 (02-17-2011)
Old 01-31-2010, 09:38 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Turning on the radio and having Christmas music on the airwaves.

I still see a Christmas related commercial quite often. The Special K commercial
where they play Sleigh Ride. Of course its for losing weight but seeing the tree and hearing the music makes me smile.
I still see some Christmas commercials because I have so many shows recorded on my dvr that I keep watching and all of the Christmas commercials on in there! Sometimes it's nice to see the Hershey's kiss bell ringer commercial.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Santa's Helper For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (04-20-2013), superdave1225 (02-17-2011)