Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Holidays Year Round All other major holidays are discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,083
Threads: 53,867
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,459)
Welcome to our newest member, NMcKeel

Old 02-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,187 Times in 4,631 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
The only celebrating I really do for St. Patty's Day is, my band usually plays down on River St. in Savannah. That's always a blast!

Old 02-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Santa Beagle
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,512 Times in 392 Posts
Murphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Many years ago, my in-law's would host a huge St. Paddy's day party on the closest Saturday to the holiday. They would invite everyone they knew and it was quite a sight seeing 50+ people cram into their small house for a few hours. Unfortunately I only participated in three of them before my MIL suddenly passed and the tradition went with it.

My wife has talked for over 10 years about re-starting it at our house. However, March is my busiest time of the year at work plus most of our friends have young kids (including us) so the thought of having two dozen of them running around our house sounds kind of hectic. Her parents waited until their kids were teens before starting so I think we will too.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:47 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
We dont celebrate this one...

Đ♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 02-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Christmasologist

mommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elf
Originally Posted by judesmama View Post
I usually make some soda bread, corned beef or ham and cabbage, and colcannon.

That is colcannon?

Would you mind sharing your soda bread recipe.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Christmasologist

mommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elf
I make corned beef and cabbage along with potatoes, and carrots.

For St.Patricks Day breakfast, I make green pancakes for my daughter, and she wears green so that she doesn't get pinched at school.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:45 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,690 Times in 28,986 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I always make corned beef but I don't like cabbage so I don't make it.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:41 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I celebrate it....cos itīs my birthday........but I know my relatives over in States do kinda celebrate it....at least they are wearing green....donīt know if they got some irish heritage as well....but they do sell it....saw my 1 year old great-great-great cousin wearing a Kiss Me Iīm Irish shirt....just looking cute

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 02-09-2010, 12:39 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,690 Times in 28,986 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Wen View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but what does it mean ' I make green pancakes for my daughter and she wears green so that she doesn't get pinched at school'.

Is green a type of protective colour to stop other children pinching her? Maybe if I wear green moskitos would no longer bit (pinch) me.
Here is what I found-

Pinching those not wearing green on St. Patrick's Day is an American tradition, having really nothing to do with Ireland or St. Patrick. It's thought that the pinching started in the early 1700s, about the time that awareness of St. Patrick's as a holiday came to the fore, too, in Boston, in the Massachusetts colony. They thought if you wore green, it made you invisible to the Leprechauns, which was good because they would pinch anyone they could see. So the pinching is to warn and remind you about the Leprechauns.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Christmasologist

Originally Posted by Wen View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but what does it mean ' I make green pancakes for my daughter and she wears green so that she doesn't get pinched at school'.

Is green a type of protective colour to stop other children pinching her? Maybe if I wear green moskitos would no longer bit (pinch) me.
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Here is what I found-

Pinching those not wearing green on St. Patrick's Day is an American tradition, having really nothing to do with Ireland or St. Patrick. It's thought that the pinching started in the early 1700s, about the time that awareness of St. Patrick's as a holiday came to the fore, too, in Boston, in the Massachusetts colony. They thought if you wore green, it made you invisible to the Leprechauns, which was good because they would pinch anyone they could see. So the pinching is to warn and remind you about the Leprechauns.

Thank you made582. And as for the green pancakes, I just add a drop of food coloring into the pancake batter so that it turns brown. Just a fun thing that my daughter looks forward to each St.Patricks day.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Sapsorrow has shown a merry dispositionSapsorrow has shown a merry disposition
Oops, I don't think we have anything green for the baby to wear. Well, no one around here would pinch her!