Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Home made Christmas Gifts....

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
History of the Candy Cane
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:13 PM
53,885 Views  0 Posts
Snowman2 Top Five Christmas Hoaxes
By MMC Editor
09-09-2013 02:14 PM
23,985 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Baby
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:01 PM
41,036 Views  0 Posts
The Story of White...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:01 PM
43,507 Views  0 Posts
“There Was a Boy Who...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 11:22 AM
54,229 Views  0 Posts

Old 02-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,183 Times in 12,630 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star Home made Christmas Gifts....

If you are crafty person (needlepoint, woodworking, sewing etc) when do you start making gifts for Christmas?
Old 02-06-2010, 01:04 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,445 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Once upon a time when I had time, I used to do needle point and crewel work. I would start probably in May or June if it was going to be a present to be sure I had enough time............

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following User Says Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-08-2010)
Old 02-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Sapsorrow has shown a merry dispositionSapsorrow has shown a merry disposition
We craft throughout the year because we enjoy them. Typically we'll find a good craft for an afternoon, make a bunch of them up, and add them to the assortment that will go into the stockings, or Easter baskets depending on the craft. An example would be ribbon belts, which simply require the ribbon and two small D-rings per belt (a Martha Stewart craft, we get a lot from there). For more involved projects, which I don't currently have the chance to do, I'd start in June.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapsorrow For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-08-2010)
Old 02-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

pattilynn has shown a merry disposition
I always think NOW! only for the fact that stuff happens to interupt the process and it is NO FUN finishing up on Christmas Eve. been there done that!
The Following User Says Thank You to pattilynn For This Useful Post:
Sapsorrow (02-12-2010)
Old 02-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
It all depends on how many but I usually start beginning of summer otherwise I'll never get done. Once September I have too many other things to prepare and if home made gifts and /or cards are over and done with I can concentrate on fun things
Old 02-11-2010, 11:35 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,202 Times in 26,528 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
My homemade gifts are usually food so they don't get made until a couple weeks before christmas. This year though I am thinking about making homemade ornaments to go along with the cookies and candies I pass out. The plan right now is to start them in may.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 06:03 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Snowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry disposition
I just craft when I craft and they become gifts the year they're finished. I started a rug for my MIL last September. She'll likely get it this year. I don't like to rush my home-made gifts, because they eventually become not fun to do! So, I always have a backup plan if the gift isn't finished for the year it's intended. This past Christmas, MIL got yankee candles (her favorite is sugar cookie!) and I made some chocolates to give her as well.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

reindeerelf has disabled reputation
santahat

Last year I started in August and was rushing to finish by Thanksgiving. This years projects will have to start sooner. The old German ornament makers traditionally began making ornaments in March.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:40 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
I found a new Love,Crocheting.So Im hoping to make scarfs and a few sets of slippers for everyone.Besides that.I like to start making homemade soaps,candles,mini picture books,etc. in the summer.Since thats when my Christmas mood really takes off.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria