Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » When do you celebrate Christmas?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,843
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 10-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Ervserver

Originally Posted by ChristmasFanatic
Always been the 25th for us, as well. My roomie's family always opened on Christmas Eve and then had Christmas Day to relax and enjoy....I just can't imagine not opening gifts on Christmas Day.
me either...even if the family isn't together that very day some presents will still be opened
Old 10-27-2006, 06:31 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

ChristmasFanatic has shown a merry disposition
Sometimes I feel slightly guilty, because my roomie has changed her gift-opening tradtion to suit me, but I guess that just makes her a better person. I tend to be unbending in that aspect of the holiday season.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:39 PM
Ervserver

That was nice of her, she deserves an extra full stocking !

Old 11-01-2006, 07:17 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

ChristmasFanatic has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Ervserver
That was nice of her, she deserves an extra full stocking !

She always gets a stocking crammed to the tippy-top and then some, but I do appreciate her willingness to conform to my tradition. :P
Old 11-03-2006, 01:10 AM
Merry Forums Newbie

Redfinn is a new face around here!
finnish christmas

Hello.... In finland we have pikku joulu which starts from the end of October finishing around beginning of january..... Pikku joulu is little christmas and its basicly office /firm/school/friends little christmas togeather........

For us in our family we dont start even thinking about or decorating our place until after Finnish inderpendance day (6.12)..... We have our christmas (all of Finnland) on 24th December or christmas eve.......

On the christmas eve an older member of the family will go and dress up as santa in a brown or grey suit then knock on the door. As soon as santa walks throuh the door and says HELLO the children will start singing the santa song, " joulu pukki, joulu pukki". This song and tradition has continued for over a hundred years, for me its based on the children and the magic you get when you see their little faces light up......

speak soon.....

Redfinn
Old 11-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Ervserver

One side of my family will be celebrating the Saturday AFTER Christmas this year
Old 12-01-2006, 10:35 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Crimbo_Spirit has shown a merry disposition
I kick off my fun run up to christmas on 1st december , thats well the real spirit starts. Etc... Sweets , Drink .Merry cRimbo everyone and remember to keep the spirit alive
Old 12-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

devOn has shown a merry disposition
I celebrate it on the 25th and sometimes the 24th. One time I celebrated it during the 22nd but then again, I like christmas all year around and people stare at me weird cause I sing Christmas songs in the summer.