Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » The count down to Christmas.

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Gift My Brother...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:03 PM
45,752 Views  0 Posts
stocking Top Ten Reasons You...
By MMC Editor
09-23-2013 04:07 PM
13,751 Views  0 Posts
Handel's Messiah
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:18 PM
47,325 Views  0 Posts
Emily's Highest Bough
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:47 PM
43,923 Views  0 Posts
Others: The History of...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:23 PM
64,752 Views  0 Posts
View Poll Results: Shopping - How Do you Do it?
December 5 33.33%
All year 8 53.33%
Procrastionator 1 6.67%
Gifts? What Gifts! I never heard of any gifts!? 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

gustavobastos is a new face around here!

243 days to the Season!
285 days to Christmas!
THE FIRST THIRD MARK TO THE SEASON HAS BEEN REACHED. JUST 2/3s TO GO!!!

Old 03-16-2006, 10:33 AM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
I can't believe that half of you shop all year for Christmas! You are the most organized bunch of folks I have ever met. I rarely ever shop before Thanksgiving. This year I started giving extra early, though. I just gave my dentist a house payment!
Old 03-18-2006, 01:51 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

SnowAngelChristmas is a new face around here!
Originally Posted by sheepsnot
... This year I started giving extra early, though. I just gave my dentist a house payment!
Well i do it when sales are going on to get great deals. And just to let ya'll know only 281 days till the *starts singing* "it's the most wonderful time. It's the most wonderful time. It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!"*Ends singing* Oops. :shock: Hee hee hee. awkword
Old 04-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

SnowAngelChristmas is a new face around here!
Hello To one and All. 263 more days Until The... Must... Stop... Singing!... "Till it's the Most Wonderful time of the year!"... Agh! note to self... get mental help
Old 04-06-2006, 03:07 PM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
I told someone the other day that I was looking forward to Christmas and they looked at me like I was a loon. I've been singing lines from Let it Snow lately. My poor parents, who just had six inches of snow, are singing another tune. I also just listened to a little Burl Ives. Good any day of the year!
Old 04-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

HolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry disposition
It's just about 90 degrees here and I was listening to Christmas music at work today.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:36 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
I guess I missed this one. I'll touch on a few comments by other folks in my reply.

I shop all year long and put items aside so it doesn't all sneak up on me. I don't buy very many Christmas-type gifts for family and relatives so I can shop all year for them. I get a few Christmassy items for friend. I start buying those in November.

I am always able to take holidays from work usually during the week between Christmas and New Year's, once after New Year's, but it wasn't as exciting for me.

We usually alternate Christmas visits between my parents and our children and grandchildren who live a four and a half hour drive away.

Christmas morning seems much less rushed now that we are all grown up.

I remember as a child waking up just after Santa visited and waking my brothers and all three of us waking up our parents with glee. It was only 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning a few times. Our parents made a rule that we couldn't wake each other up until after the street lights went out to indicate that morning was when we could see what was in our stockings (still have the same ones our mom made us when we were babies), the display from Santa and open our presents from our parents, relatives and a few neighbourhood friends.

I love visiting the grandchildren at Christmas to watch the excitement on Christmas morning, but I'm a traditional sort of person so taking turns and spending Christmas with my parents still remains a special time for me.

I wish companies wouldn't choose Christmas as the time of year to lay people off or dismiss them from their employ. It makes it so much harder to enjoy the holidays. I'm not just talking about the fact that people won't have much money to spend, but it's harder to be "merry and bright" when you don't know how you will pay your bills. This has never happened to anyone in my family, but I have a few friends who have had to experience it and it doesn't seem fair.

I picked up an adorable elf ladder ornament. It's draped over the tall oval mirror attached to the dresser in the Master bedroom. I can't wait to find a spot for it on my Christmas Tree this year. (It's not plastic, it's wooden and it's a homemade craft - not by me.)

Old 04-26-2006, 04:50 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

HolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry disposition
I was one of those people that that happened to this past Christmas. I got let go the week before Thanksgiving and couldn't find a good job until well after the holidays were over. In fact I just started it three weeks ago. I think that's why I hunted down a site like this. It was very hard to keep the Christmas spirit because I had the worry of trying to make ends meet. I had bill collectors calling. It was horrible. I have a good job now with benefits and everything. Even more then what I had before. I can only thank God for that. So hopefully this coming Christmas will be much more enjoyable.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:56 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
HolyNight7 - My Great Aunt used to say, "out of something bad comes something good", you lost your job and struggled for awhile, but you found this place and what sounds like a better job. I'm glad for that.

I am so pleased that things worked out for you and touched by your love for Christmas so much so that you looked for ways to lift your spirits.

Some of the folks I know were not expecting to be "let go". It was so hard on them. Most of them have children.

All of a sudden "Kyle" can't go to a shack dance unless he gets a paper route and he lives on the outskirts of town so if there are three paper carriers - he doesn't get a route. He's only twelve and his friends want to go to a movie - but the hydro needs to be paid. His sister "Anne" doesn't understand why she can't have a big Birthday party for her "golden year" birthday. Relatives had to help her with that and instead of a magician they were entertained with stories and puppet shows from me (for free of course). I know Christmas isn't just about gifts, but when your children are used to getting presents from "Santa" and suddenly there are only a few items under the tree and a lady knocking on the door with a box of food to cook for Christmas dinner it breaks my heart. I know of two families that were appreciative for those items, but so terribly humiliated that they needed to ask for them. I also know people have it harder than this, but it's so hard to explain it to children. I'm glad there are organizations out there that are able to help and people willing to donate to them.

242 Days until Christmas. 8)

Old 06-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

digbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry disposition
188 days left!!!!!