Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations » How DO You Activate Your Light Displays?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Decorations Christmas is a hands-on art. From the lights we put on the house to the decorations we put on the tree to the great foods we eat in the process, Christmas is a time of doing -- and this is the place we gather to talk, plan and share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,008
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,841)
Welcome to our newest member, misswang123
View Poll Results: How DO You Activate Your Light Displays?
The Clapper 0 0%
Automatic Timer 8 40.00%
Manually turn them on 9 45.00%
Dusk/Dawn Sensor 1 5.00%
Other 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Ervserver

Nobody uses the Clapper! sheesh

Old 11-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

slick is a new face around here!
you guys know I am twelve and all so I don't realy know what a clapper is and stuff like that. so what is all the stuff for? I mean a CLAPPER? what the heck is that?
Old 11-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Ervserver

a gadget that you can plug something into it like a lamp, clap your hands and it would turn on, clap twice and it would turn off
Old 11-11-2006, 06:45 AM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
clap on, clap off
Old 11-11-2006, 07:03 AM
MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
I saw an interesting new product at Target. It had three outlets and had different settings for sequences to activate the outlets. It came with a little snowman remote with settings like steady on, snow, and such. I'm not really sure how it would look considering it would only be able to operate whole strands at a time rather than individual bulbs like a normal chaser set, but I was tempted to try it just to play with it and see. It was on sale this week for like $15.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:21 AM
Ervserver

Price is right...I better look at them
Old 11-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

HollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elf
I have to go to the 4 windows for the front of the house to plugs those in manually then I have to go outside and plug those in. We have a remote around here somewhere for a control box. But the way things seems to disappear around here I probably will not find that remote until March of next year, ahh well.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Mistletoeologist

Christy Carol has shown a merry dispositionChristy Carol has shown a merry disposition
BF bought a timer this year to use. It is set to come on at dusk and we set it to stay on for 6 hours. It has different time settings and so far has worked out really good. Its is light sensitive and raintight so it is pretty accurate as to when it comes on and goes off.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

ASailrsWife is a new face around here!
WE manually turn everything on but it is no fun going around and plugging tem all in and unplugging them again. I have thought about buying timers for all the lights that would make it that much easier. That way we can keep them on when we visit my family too. Not many people decorate their apartments here so I take lots of pride in mine when we do.

Michelle