Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Snow in Hotlanta

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,087
Threads: 53,912
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,785)
Welcome to our newest member, DoYouHearWhatIHear

Old 01-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
I'm ok and thanks for being concerned I wish more people would just stay off the roads!! I know I grew up in the south so I know I can't drive in this mess, so I just stay in. It's so sad knowing people are out there getting hurt/passing away.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,433 Times in 13,310 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

Originally Posted by ReineV View Post
Hi everyone! We got a couple of hours worth of light snow showers here in ATL and it left us with a little bit of a "dusting". Just enough to pick up and make a snowball out of. I know this because right after snapping the below pic, my hubby got me right in the side of the head with one. The beauty of the snow is over shadowed by the fact that it stuck to the roadways and the temps are dipping into the teens tonight, so ice is everywhere. All schools in nearby counties are closed because there have already been a couple of fatal accidents that are ice-related. I hear the wind blowing right now outside my window. Needless to say, we're staying in until roadways are clear, so we're technically "iced in". It's beautiful out. We don't get snow but maybe once a year, but the whole city shuts down before the first flake even falls, lol. The stores run out of milk, bread, eggs and beer and it's the top story on the news for hours. They even interrupt shows to tell you if a new area of the city started getting snow. It's SO funny. My dad is from Pennsylvania and my mom is from upstate NY. I've been to both places during winter, so I know what a real snow storm is and I'm pretty sure you need more than one inch of snow for it to be considered a "winter storm".
So, how are things now? Is the snow gone or are you still enjoying a while landscape?
Old 01-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
So, how are things now? Is the snow gone or are you still enjoying a while landscape?
Everything is melted and we're currently enjoying a warm snap here! It's crazy! Just a week ago wind chills were in the single digits and it's supposed to be like in the 60s later this week! Thanks for checking in!
Old 04-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

LightningFlashJack has shown a merry dispositionLightningFlashJack has shown a merry dispositionLightningFlashJack has shown a merry dispositionLightningFlashJack has shown a merry disposition
Back as a kid in Nova Scotia, we had to have a minimum of 7 inches of snow before school or ANYTHING closed down. Anything less and it was work/school as usual!

Here in Alberta, it has to be -40 Celcius (which is -40 Fahrenheit as well. Crazy!) before they consider closing anything down. Even then, it's usually only the schools. I've NEVER had work close down on me out here. Boooooo...
Old 05-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Mistletoeologist

Smiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Hey we got about an hour of snow in Savannah. I was extremely happy, I haven't seen snow since I moved away from ATL! It was funny watching my peers from Florida react to it lol. Too bad it only snowed an hour, it was ALL GONE by the next morning lol!