Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2010

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,657)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas with the...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:57 PM
55,747 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Safety
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:51 PM
45,240 Views  0 Posts
santahat Remember when Black...
By MMC Editor
11-12-2013 12:55 AM
Last post by thechristmasmusicman
01-27-2014 10:42 AM
18,404 Views  4 Posts
Bells The Nativity: The Story...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:42 PM
81,064 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2001
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 10:56 PM
45,533 Views  0 Posts

Old 05-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,150 Times in 12,623 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by brent View Post
And for the sake of it... Good morning, everyone!!

This is the 5000th post!!!
That's what I get for going out all day, I missed it! sort of. Congrats for posting post #5000!
The Following User Says Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
brent (05-30-2010)
Old 05-29-2010, 08:14 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,020 Times in 13,916 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good evening all!

Just sitting here watching the Stanley Cup Final, all tied up at 5 at the end of 2 periods. I am rooting for the Chicago Blackhawks for 2 reasons, I went to Chicago last June, and I hate the Philadelphia Flyers. I am more excited for the NHL draft though where my Bruins will pick either Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin but thats later in June.

Busy day at work today, I can now enjoy 2 days off with my wife home since she usually works on Mondays and I don't. We have a kids birthday party to go to tomorrow, Monday no real plans, I was hoping to go to a local Christmas store but I don't think it will happen this weekend www.christmas-barn.com or go to Santa's Land in Putney, VT www.santasland.com but may wait until the fall to go there.
Have a good night all!
Old 05-29-2010, 09:21 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,055 Times in 26,504 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Well I am exhausted and heading to bed. Goodnight Everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,908 Times in 1,066 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
Its 1:10am. Welcome night dwellers haha. It was a busy Saturday! Friday evening we bought a new bbq and today my friend helped us put it together. Then we made hamburgers on it. We also played 4 player New Super Mario Bros. That was a blast. Also played Mario Party on the Wii. My Wife won! My monitor recently died. Since I have an extended warranty on it I took it back. I was given a loaner that DIDN'T WORK! Just my luck. Well I got another one and its working so far. SO I am waiting for them to repair my monitor. If they cant fix it I either get a replacement or all my money back to purchase a new one. So its a win win. Had to fix my Mothers computer friday evening. Her hard drive died. Installed a new one and Windows 7. Just watching movies right now. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
Old 05-30-2010, 03:51 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,046 Times in 3,684 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
good morning fellow christmas friends....had my coffee and am now going to continue to get the house ready to mob the floors....

what night yesterday....Germany won the Eurovision Song contest....for those of You who don&#180;t know what it is......39 European countries send a singer with a new song there.....the viewers then vote by phone which song they liked the bests...kinda like Idol....but You are not allowed to vote for Your own country.......since in the last years it was mostly some type of geopolitical voting by the viewers than actually music taste...now the calls count 50 percent and there are judges now who&#180;s decisison is 50 too.......with geopolitcal I mean......serbia for example always gave big points to croatia and bosnia herzegovina...ukraine, belarus and the former soviet states always give all their points to russia and kinda vice versa.....so the rules have been changed a bit now

So now after waiting 28 years....Germany has won it for the second time ever.....the singer was 19-year old teenager Lena, who is kind of real natural....no big costumes, no choreography....just cool and cute somehow....here&#180;s a link to the song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QSgNM9yNjo

she surely ain&#180;t the greatest singer in the world...but homegal is unique and seems quite natural.....luv it

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 05-30-2010, 05:39 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,609 Times in 4,412 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Busy day at work today, I can now enjoy 2 days off with my wife home since she usually works on Mondays and I don't. We have a kids birthday party to go to tomorrow, Monday no real plans, I was hoping to go to a local Christmas store but I don't think it will happen this weekend www.christmas-barn.com or go to Santa's Land in Putney, VT www.santasland.combut may wait until the fall to go there.
Have a good night all!
There's a Santa's Land in the NC Smokies, too! http://www.santaslandnc.com/
Old 05-30-2010, 05:45 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,609 Times in 4,412 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Sunday morning, my Christmas friends!

Everyone else in my house is till alseep. I'm an early riser, so I've been messing around for an hour or so. I worked on the house all day yesterday. I spent the entire morning in the attic doing some re-wiring. Glad that's behind me.

I've got to wake up the family soon, our church starts at 9:30 am. That's earlier than the normal 11:00, but we share a preacher with another small church, so he leaves our church at 10:30 and goes to the other one. While he's at ours, they have Sunday School, and after he leaves ours, we have Sunday School. We're still at the restaurant before anyone else!

I hope you all have a great Sunday!
Old 05-30-2010, 06:13 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,055 Times in 26,504 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good morning everyone!!!!!! It is going to be another hot one here today. They are calling for a high of 88 with a slight chance of t-storms this afternoon. I feel sorry for my brother in law who is heading out to the track today. He sits in turn one for the Indy 500 and there is no shade there what so ever. I need to run to the store this morning and then my sister called and invited us over for lunch. They still black out the race here locally so I will be listening to it on the radio and I will probally watch some of it online if I get a chance. Then this evening I will be kicking back and watching the nascar race. I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
Old 05-30-2010, 06:27 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,467 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Good Morning everyone....the kids are up and playing already, got a pot of coffee brewing and going to make breakfest soon. The kids are asking for chocolate chip pancakes.

Today's count:
Days to the Season: 167
Days to Christmas Day: 209

Hope everyone has a nioce day today!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (05-30-2010), brent (05-30-2010), made582 (05-30-2010)
Old 05-30-2010, 06:51 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,762 Times in 1,181 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Good evening all!

Just sitting here watching the Stanley Cup Final, all tied up at 5 at the end of 2 periods. I am rooting for the Chicago Blackhawks for 2 reasons, I went to Chicago last June, and I hate the Philadelphia Flyers.

I am rooting for the Blackhawks too, not a big Philadelphia fan myself. Being originally from Maryland, I don't like any teams out of PA. Or New York City for that matter.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
The Following User Says Thank You to Snow-in-Texas For This Useful Post:
xmas365 (05-30-2010)