Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » Favorite Christmas Movie Scene?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,093
Threads: 53,957
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,272)
Welcome to our newest member, TeamYANTSU

Old 08-19-2010, 01:42 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,185 Times in 424 Posts
DoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
This is a tough one!

I recently watched Fred Claus, near the end on Christmas morning when all the elves were watching the giant snow globe with scenes of children opening their presents while Silent Night was sung in the background. Then Santa tells Fred he's the best big brother anyone could ever ask for. Fred kisses him on the forehead and Santa tears ups and says "ho, ho, ho" softly.

Had me crying like a baby.
I forgot all about that scene, love it everytime I watch it, great choice!!!
Courtney (08-19-2010)

Old 08-22-2010, 01:55 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,185 Times in 424 Posts
DoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Sorry to keep adding more lol.
Also, love the part in Elf when the store manager announces that Santa is coming, and Buddy shouts "SSSAAANNNTTAAAA"!!!!!!!! I know him

Then in Polar Express, when Santa Claus is coming to town is being sung by the Elves then Santa opens the doors and pops out, then the Sinatra version takes over!

Guess I just enjoy every Christmas moment lol
ballcoach (08-22-2010), Courtney (08-24-2010)
Old 08-22-2010, 03:58 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 9,650 Times in 1,463 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
I have too come back to this post several times this year I think...

But there is one scene I just LOVE and the song thats playing in the background
its become "our song"... hehe..

It's not a typical christmas movie (I know) but for me this is indeed a christmas movie.
Its the first Bridget Jones movie, and the scene is at the end - where it all ends. And it all begins...
Her chasing him through the streets of London.
Its Christmas and its snowing... I Love it.

You can see the last scene here... Starts at 4:50
The love, the first kiss, the SNOW and the fantastic song
"Someone Like You" - Van Morrison....
Im in love...............just seeing this again!
Old 08-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,554 Times in 4,598 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Gotta admit, all of these are great and I really love the ending to Polar Express when the big man comes out, but I really like the end of "White Christmas" when the General sees all his ol' troops there. Touching.

Also, how could we forget the end of Christmas Vacation when they see Santa flying across the sky? Lol.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-25-2010), Courtney (08-24-2010), DoubleA (08-23-2010), made582 (09-02-2010)
Old 08-31-2010, 07:06 AM
Santa Beagle
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,530 Times in 394 Posts
Murphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
When the Grinch and Max are sledding down the mountain to Whoville. Gives me a case of the giggles every time I watch it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Murphman For This Useful Post:
Courtney (09-14-2010)
Old 09-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 75,341 Times in 15,065 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
The end of Home Alone when Kevin looks out the window and sees the old man's son and family has come home for Christmas with the song Somewhere in my Memory playing while they meet and hug. It brings tears to my eyes whenever I see that.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:46 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 161,466 Times in 30,705 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
Gotta admit, all of these are great and I really love the ending to Polar Express when the big man comes out, but I really like the end of "White Christmas" when the General sees all his ol' troops there. Touching.

I agree Coach. White christmas was my grandma's favorite movie and she used to always cry at that point in the movie. Now everytime I watch it I tear up at that point.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Courtney (09-14-2010)
Old 09-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,894 Times in 9,594 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
The end of Home Alone when Kevin looks out the window and sees the old man's son and family has come home for Christmas with the song Somewhere in my Memory playing while they meet and hug. It brings tears to my eyes whenever I see that.
That is a great scene and has a very warm Christmas feeling to it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Courtney (09-14-2010), xmas365 (09-02-2010)
Old 09-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,061 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Goodness, I have so many.

Bing singing White Christmas and they open the big doors behind the tree so the snow falling is in full view, of course the movie is "White Christmas".

Holiday Inn, scene where Margorie Reynolds is doing scene and doesn't know Bing is in the house and he has laid his pipe by the tree and she starts singing "White Christmas" and picks op the pipe.

The scene in Elf where he transform the store into a winter wonderland thinking the real Santa is arriving.

The scene in Christmas with the Kranks where the daughter is riding in the police car and the neighbor boy is in front on his bike, I love the song and love the snow falling.

The Christmas morning scene in "Christmas Story", also love the night scene with the mom and dad sitting in front of the window and snow is falling outside.

Also, I love the scene in "It's a Wonderful Life", when Jimmy Stewart runs through the town and it's snowing and he is so happy, yelling Merry Christmas, LOL and even taps on Potter's window.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:04 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 75,341 Times in 15,065 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I also love the scene in Santa Claus 2 during the Teachers Christmas party where all the teachers get their favorite toys from their childhood, it is such a warm scene