Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Christmas popping up everywhere

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,087
Threads: 53,915
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,650)
Welcome to our newest member, DoYouHearWhatIHear

Old 08-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

confusionisben has shown a merry disposition
Christmas popping up everywhere

I thought I would share this with you, as I have found it quite amusing.

I had been trying to avoid the idea of Christmas until October (i.e. hold my excitement), as this year I am exceptionally fervent for many reasons. I am counting down the calendar ferociously, and cannot stop reminiscing over past Christmases, and ideal Christmas images. I felt it was consuming me like some kind of jolly monster, so decided to try and reduce this. Bear in mind I was trying to lessen my contact with Christmas:

So I live in Japan and teach English to children. At the end of the lessons when rewarding my students (4 years) with stickers, they have been choosing one of a Wizard and shouting "Santa!!?" This kills me. "That's not Santa, it's a Wizard" - "No!! Santa!!"

The same day I have an older class (10 years), and the girls in the class walk in singing "Jingle bells", to which I join in. Arggg.

Next I go to the Daiso shop to get some items for craft. Now as Christmas is not a big deal here, and just a commercial time, so you can find Christmas stuff on sale in such stores all year round (I think they just leave stuff on the shop floor). But this day I seemed to notice something down every aisle. In my head I'm saying "Don't get excited", but the joining of Christmas images and 'English' phrases sleighs me: "Merry Christmas all the persons, I hope you have a happy face", "This time is delicious", "A wonderfully Christmas day".

Finally, I opened up a supply cupboard in School the next morning, and noticed a couple of boxes, to which I found all the Christmas items, and nearly welled up with tears of excitement!

So I have now given up my restraint, as the signs are appearing on every corner - ARGHGHH
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to confusionisben For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (08-21-2010), Chillywilly (08-21-2010), ChristmasHeart (08-21-2010), jimmyolsen (08-24-2010), made582 (08-22-2010), MerryNoel (08-21-2010), Smiley21 (09-08-2010)

Old 08-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Gig Harbor Elf

Isn't it great!

I think its great that already poping up at every turn! Scouting for new ornaments, thinking about the gifts I get to give, make and want to do for others... Who I get to give to! This year I have some additions to my list... It makes for a great time to start expanding my knowledge base about those people and their likes and who they are... SO you get them just the right thing... or as close as you can.

I guess its not the commercial end of things, but the personal end of things that makes it so neat to me! Sure the vendors will make some money of all of us... Its how we respond to the reason for the season that will make or break this birthday celebration to us as individuals!

I recognize the greatest gift ever given was given to us on that first Christmas morning. Trying to reflect that presence in the presents and attitude I have as the season approaches is what makes it okay.... Okay to let everyday be Christmas, when I have Jesus in my heart!

Just remember the real reason for the season! Have fun!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (08-21-2010)
Old 08-21-2010, 04:33 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,943 Times in 1,061 Posts
ChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the Wisemen
I loved your post!

YES! I just say...GO WITH THAT FEELING!!!

IMO...there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting into the Christmas Spirit at ANY time of the year. Or...better yet...holding onto the Christmas Spirit in your heart all year long!

So...from me to you..."Merry Christmas all the persons, I hope you have a happy face"! That was just so cute that I had to quote you!

As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is."
~ Eric Sevareid

Last edited by ChristmasHeart; 08-21-2010 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Typo...I typed "hear" instead of "heart"
Old 08-21-2010, 06:21 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,761 Times in 9,571 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Great story!

Keep Christmas alive year round, we do! It's ok if you feel the spirit of Christmas inside. Let it out and enjoy!

Old 08-21-2010, 06:35 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
I used to try to hold back my feelings for Christmas. It is a part of my life everyday. I play Christmas songs and watch Christmas movie all of the time. So you might as well enjoy it.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,459 Times in 328 Posts
MerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to others
that sounds like Chrimstmas is staying with you!!!
Old 08-22-2010, 02:18 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 161,033 Times in 30,603 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by confusionisben View Post
I felt it was consuming me like some kind of jolly monster,

When I read this a picture of the stay puft marshmallow man in a santa hat popped into my head.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

fdna46 has shown a merry disposition
the season is rapidly approaching
Old 09-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

One Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnog
Great story, thanks for sharing....Let's all remember...JESUS Is The Reason For The Season.....Wise Men Still Seek HIM.....God bless each of you....

Old 09-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

LightningFlashJack has shown a merry dispositionLightningFlashJack has shown a merry dispositionLightningFlashJack has shown a merry dispositionLightningFlashJack has shown a merry disposition
Ha! Even your spelling has Christmas undertones. You say "'...English' phrases sleighs me". I think you meant 'slays you' but how appropriate! Just chug a liter of egg nog and start your season already!