Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Food From eggnog to candy canes to ginger bread and beyond the flavors and treats of Christmas are a delight. Here we engage in all things connected to Christmas foods -- from recipes to how-to's. This section of the Merry Forums is presented by Merry Christmas Recipes, our own database of Christmas recipes, many of which get submitted by our users from around the world.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 53,982
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,477)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 09-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Merry Fourms Member

Chestnut Head has shown a merry disposition
Christmas Dinner?

What do you usually have for Christmas Dinner and Dessert? We usually have ham or turkey with mashed potatoes and stuff like that, similar to Thanksgiving. Last year however we had lasagna and turkey. We also got a big container of cookies and a container of danish's from Costco, along with a chocolate cake from our uncle.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,124 Times in 694 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Turkey and/or ham. Love maple glazed ham, soooo delicious. We also have mashed potatoes, a veggie, rolls, sweet potatoes w/marshmallows, bean salad and usually a couple of pies, a cake and cookies. Mmm...
Old 09-10-2010, 02:37 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,153 Times in 817 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Turducken,Ham,Rice Dressing,mashies,rolls,stuffing,gravy,peas,pecan pie,apple pie,dips,chips,veggie platter,stuffed Italian mushrooms,chocolates and many kinds of candies,wine,beer and cider.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following User Says Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (09-10-2010)
Old 09-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

ChristmasAddict has shown a merry disposition
For Christmas Eve, we have ham and baked mac and cheese. The great things about Christmas Day dinner is that's it's Thanksgiving Part II: turkey, dressing, corn cassarole, mash potatoes and gravy. It's so worth the year long wait!
The Following User Says Thank You to ChristmasAddict For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (09-10-2010)
Old 09-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,818 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Yummy..you guys are making me hungry! Christmas Eve varies..its usually a buffet style at my In Laws.. we usually do have Ham and Turkey though and everyone brings a dish or two. Christmas Day dinner is at my house. Spiral Ham, mashed potatoes, homemade stuffing, greenbean casserole, deviled eggs, peas, corn, brown and serve rolls....Christmas cookies and some sort of pie. Gosh I could go for a nice hearty meal like this right about now
Old 09-11-2010, 01:44 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,851 Times in 3,810 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
for desert we usually have ice cream.....for dinner itself it always varies...I have wanted to make an American style turkey for last 3 years, but somehow....we always end up doing something else

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 09-11-2010, 06:29 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,510 Times in 920 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Well this year I wanted to make something different for Christmas Dinner - Prime Rib however the kids had a fit. They want the tradition dinner - spiral ham and home made mac and cheese. Will also make a broccoli casserole, corn, peas and rolls. Dessert : pumpkin pie and apple pie.

I may do the prime rib for New years day!
Old 09-11-2010, 08:05 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 75,425 Times in 15,087 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We usually have Turkey and Prime Rib/Beef roast mashed potatoes, stuffing, and such, along with cookies, and pies, and one of my favorites Friendly's Jubilee ice cream roll.

Before my aunt moved to FLA in 1993 she used to have more of an Italian themed dinner with lasagna, antipasto, cannolis and so on
Old 09-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,943 Times in 1,061 Posts
ChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the Wisemen
Hmmmm...I'm hungry after reading all these posts!

We always have turkey and the last few Christmasses I make a cottage role as well. We have all the fixings...stuffing, potatoes, carrots (and other veggies), etc. For desert it is normally apple pie.

As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is."
~ Eric Sevareid
Old 09-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

TamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
Turkey and/or ham. Love maple glazed ham, soooo delicious. We also have mashed potatoes, a veggie, rolls, sweet potatoes w/marshmallows, bean salad and usually a couple of pies, a cake and cookies. Mmm...
Maple Glazed Ham!! That sounds delicious!! I will have to find me a maple glaze recipe before Christmas!

Originally Posted by Mumof2 View Post
Turducken,Ham,Rice Dressing,mashies,rolls,stuffing,gravy,peas,pecan pie,apple pie,dips,chips,veggie platter,stuffed Italian mushrooms,chocolates and many kinds of candies,wine,beer and cider.
Turducken!! I saw Paula Deen prepare one of those. It looked so good I wanted to reach into the TV and grab a bite! I never tried to prepare one before, but I sure wish somebody I knew would and I could try it.

Originally Posted by ChristmasAddict View Post
For Christmas Eve, we have ham and baked mac and cheese. The great things about Christmas Day dinner is that's it's Thanksgiving Part II: turkey, dressing, corn cassarole, mash potatoes and gravy. It's so worth the year long wait!
Corn Cassarole? That sounds different. Please share the recipe if it isn't too much trouble. I would like to try it.

Originally Posted by ChristmasHeart View Post
Hmmmm...I'm hungry after reading all these posts!

We always have turkey and the last few Christmasses I make a cottage role as well. We have all the fixings...stuffing, potatoes, carrots (and other veggies), etc. For desert it is normally apple pie.
Cottage role? I have never heard of that. Care to share that recipe with us?