Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations » are there any other weight watchers out there?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Decorations Christmas is a hands-on art. From the lights we put on the house to the decorations we put on the tree to the great foods we eat in the process, Christmas is a time of doing -- and this is the place we gather to talk, plan and share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,093
Threads: 53,955
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,272)
Welcome to our newest member, TeamYANTSU

Old 10-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Ervserver

Plus all the shopping you get to do getting new clothes ! I was 300lbs when I played football in college and when I graduated I dropped 100. I still use my old undershorts to cover the flowers when we have a late spring frost. 1 pair covers almost the whole front yard

Old 10-27-2006, 01:17 PM
Mistletoeologist

Christy Carol has shown a merry dispositionChristy Carol has shown a merry disposition
LMAO!! I can just see your neighbors shaking their heads in shock when the frost hits.

Yeah, the BF mentioned the other night that he guesses I want a new wardrobe now. But since I am back to what I weighed before I actually have alot of clothes that fit so I am good to go until Spring.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Ervserver

It pays to save some clothes
Old 12-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Christmasologist

kidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elf
WEIGHT WATCHERS

GRACIE, I AM KNOWN TO DABBLE IN THE POINT SYSTEM FROM TIME TO TIME. I HAVE SOME WONDERFUL COOKBOOKS, AND GREAT RECIPES..HAVE A GREAT WEBSITE FOR RECIPES, WWW.3FATCHICKSON ADIET.COM LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Twinkle has disabled reputation
I have been away from this board for a little while but tonight I am reading and very impressed with results many are having with WW...especially with Carol. Sonny and I waned away from WW at his desire. I didn't want to do this but he thought we could eat fattening foods and lose weight. We did Atkins for nearly two years...lost a few pounds here and there but feeling very lightheaded and not up to par but I hung in there with Sonny with his idea of low carb. Some of the low carb recipes are really great allowing real fat forinstance in cream cheese, whipping cream and bacon recipes, etc. Eventually, we stopped losing weight and maintaining only with some weight gain. My heart had always been there with WW. I finally talked Sonny into going back with WW with all the fresh vegs, fruits, and low fat foods. It is such a healthy plan...what can I say.. Since we are back at WW we are beginning to see weight loss once again. WW makes sense and it is a healthy way of eating. I want to lose 10 lbs for my liking and Sonny wants to lose 10 lbs also. In my opinion, WW is the healthiest weight loss plan out there. Can anyone prove me different? I am all ears.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Mistletoeologist

Christy Carol has shown a merry dispositionChristy Carol has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Twinkle
I have been away from this board for a little while but tonight I am reading and very impressed with results many are having with WW...especially with Carol. Sonny and I waned away from WW at his desire. I didn't want to do this but he thought we could eat fattening foods and lose weight. We did Atkins for nearly two years...lost a few pounds here and there but feeling very lightheaded and not up to par but I hung in there with Sonny with his idea of low carb. Some of the low carb recipes are really great allowing real fat forinstance in cream cheese, whipping cream and bacon recipes, etc. Eventually, we stopped losing weight and maintaining only with some weight gain. My heart had always been there with WW. I finally talked Sonny into going back with WW with all the fresh vegs, fruits, and low fat foods. It is such a healthy plan...what can I say.. Since we are back at WW we are beginning to see weight loss once again. WW makes sense and it is a healthy way of eating. I want to lose 10 lbs for my liking and Sonny wants to lose 10 lbs also. In my opinion, WW is the healthiest weight loss plan out there. Can anyone prove me different? I am all ears.
Hey twinkle! I am still all WW. I took a break thru the holidays (dont tell me I cant have my eggnog!! ) but I am back somewhat on track. You are right...atleast IMO there is nothing better than this plan. Atkins does nothing but raise your cholesterol. You might not be as hungry but your heart pays for it. I dont care how much you dress up eggs, bacon and cheese...it is still bad for you. Atkins just tries to make you believe otherwise.

Now, I will say this...while I do practice WW, I am an avid exerciser. When weather allows I walk 3+ miles a day and do 30 minutes on a stationary bike. I can tell when I dont walk because I am more hungry and more likely to splurge on junk. I cannot wait til better weather.

And you know what is the best of all this...I have been able to adjust my cooking to WW ways and have not lost taste or quality and DH has no idea he is eating healthy at all. Yet he tries to brag to me when his jeans are just a little bit too big and I just brag on him and smile...cuz I know "I" made them that way!
Old 02-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Twinkle has disabled reputation
Carol: It is soo true about eating healthy with ww that not even family members realize they are following a plan along with you. Good for you. Exercise is what I need to do more of...this is my downfall but will get back with my walks this week since weather is really nice for walking now..I use to do mall walks with controlled temps and this was ideal.. Right now we are at a stand still because of not keeping the portions low and having sweet desserts when at different outings.. To me ww is a mindset and ready to get moving again with it.