Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food > Recipes » Lemon Blossom Spritz

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
“Home for the Holidays”...
By MerryCarey
05-14-2012 11:45 AM
40,740 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree The Evolution of...
By MMC Editor
10-10-2011 12:10 AM
66,195 Views  0 Posts
Tips for Buying a Fresh...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:57 PM
Last post by trackrebel
03-24-2014 09:13 AM
45,867 Views  1 Posts
Xtree1 The Christmas Legend of...
By MMC Editor
10-29-2012 02:18 PM
37,930 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part IV: He...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:47 PM
66,463 Views  0 Posts

Old 05-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
Lemon Blossom Spritz

Lemon Blossom Spritz

Yield 5 dozen cookies

Preheat oven to 400°F

Cookie ingredients:
1 C butter, softened
½ C granulated sugar
½ C packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
2 ½ C all purpose flour
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt

Frosting ingredients:
1 ¼ C powdered sugar
½ tsp grated lemon peel
2 to 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
½ tsp vanilla

1. In large mixing bowl, combine butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, lemon peel, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Beat at low speed until soft dough forms. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
2. Heat oven to 400°F. Place dough in cookie press. Using flower-patterned plate, press cookies 2” apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until edges are light golden brown. Cool completely.
3. In small mixing bowl, combine frosting ingredients. Beat at low speed of electric mixer until smooth. Spread frosting evenly on cookies. Let dry completely before storing.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,348 Times in 12,631 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Here are a few recipes!!!
Cranberry Orange Cookies

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3 T milk
2 tsp pure orange extract
1 tsp orange rind, freshly grated
1 1/2 cups cranberries, chopped

Combine dry ingredients. Cream sugar and shortening together until light and fluffy. Add milk, orange extract and grated orange rind. Gradually add dry ingredients. Fold in cranberries. Form dough into 2 logs, each about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper and chill for at least 8 hours. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease cookie sheets. Slice logs into 1/4-inch thick slices and bake for 12-15 minutes.

Gourmet Reindeer Poop

1/2 cup butter
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons cocoa
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups oatmeal -- not instant
1/2 cup chopped nuts -- optional

Mix butter, sugar, milk and cocoa together in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Drop by teaspoonful (larger or smaller as desired) onto wax paper and let harden. They will set up in about 30-60 minutes. These will keep for several days without refrigerating, up to 2 weeks refrigerated and 2-3 months frozen.

Pack into ziplock sandwich bags and attach the following note to each bag.

I woke up with such scare when I heard Santa call...
"Now dash away, dash away, dash away all!"
I ran to the lawn and in the snowy white drifts,
Those nasty reindeer had left "little gifts".

I got an old shovel and started to scoop,

Neat little piles of "Reindeer Poop!"
But to throw them away, seemed such a waste,

So I saved them, thinking you might like a taste!

As I finished my task, which took quite awhile.

Old Santa, passed by and he sheepishly smiled.
And I heard him exclaim as he was in the sky:
"Well they're not potty-trained, but at least they can fly!"

Sausalito Cookies

2 cups butter, softened (no substitutes)
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
5 cups flour
2 cups chocolate chips
3 cups chopped macadamia nuts

Preheat oven to 375°. In large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla.. Stir in salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix in flour. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Shape into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes. I leave mine just a little soft set, just starting to turn golden on the bottom. You can roll into larger balls, for larger cookies. Adjust the baking time accordingly.

Tastes Like Fruitcake Cookies

1 1/4 cups yellow cake mix
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter flavored shortening, at room temperature
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup dried cherries
1/4 cup white raisins
1/4 cup chopped dried apricots or pineapple
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, blend cake mix, brown sugar. Add to dry mixture, the shortening, egg, vanilla and almond extract. Fold in cherries, raisins, apricots or pineapples, walnuts, almonds, and pecans or your favorite nut. Blend mixture well. Drop cookie dough (dough should be sticky, doughy, not too wet), if too wet add a couple of spoonfuls of leftover cake mix to give it the right consistency) by spoonfuls, about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Eggnog Thumbprints

3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon rum
1 pinch ground nutmeg

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, cream together 3/4 cup butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; stir into the creamed mixture by hand to form a soft dough. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Make an indention in the center of each cookie using your finger or thumb. Bake for 12 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely. In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, and rum. Spoon rounded teaspoonfuls of filling onto cookies. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Let stand until set before storing in an airtight container.

Cranberry Hootycreeks

1 cup plus 2 T all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup butter, softened

1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup rolled oats
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup white chocolate chips
½ cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350°F; grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. Combine the flour, soda and salt together and set aside. In a medium bowl, beat together the butter, egg and vanilla until fluffy. Add the flour mixture and the rest of the ingredients, and mix together until well blended. Drop by tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges start to brown. Cool on baking sheets, or remove to cool on wire racks.

Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Cookies
1/2 cup rolled oats
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
2 eggs
3 cups semi-sweet, chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grind oats in a food processor or blender until fine. Combine the ground oats with the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Cream together the butter, sugars, vanilla, and lemon juice in another medium bowl with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and mix until smooth. Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture and blend well. Add the chocolate chips and nuts to the dough and mix by hand until ingredients are well-incorporated. Spoon rounded 1/4-cup portions onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Place the scoops about 2 inches apart. You don't need to press the dough flat. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until cookies are light brown and soft in the middle. Store in a sealed container when cool to keep soft. For the best results, chill the dough overnight in the refrigerator before baking the cookies. Makes 20 cookies.

Greek Cookie Puffs

1 cup butter or margarine, softened
¼ cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
½ teaspoon anise extract
Confectioners’ sugar

In a large mixer bowl with mixer at medium speed, cream butter (or margarine) and sugar. Beat in eggs until light and fluffy. Stir in flour, baking powder, lemon peel and anise. Wrap and chill dough at least 2 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (Fahrenheit). Grease 2 large cookie sheets; set aside. Divide dough in half. Working with one half at a time; keep remaining dough refrigerated. Form pinches of dough into ¾-inch balls. Place 3 balls in the shape of a triangle on cookie sheet; press together gently. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set but not brown. Cool 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets. Cool completely on wire racks. Gently roll in powdered sugar. Makes 2 ½ dozen cookies.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:05 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

One Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnog
Thanks to y'all.....Appreciate these....