Christmas DecorationsChristmas is a hands-on art. From the lights we put on the house to the decorations we put on the tree to the great foods we eat in the process, Christmas is a time of doing -- and this is the place we gather to talk, plan and share.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My Top Ten list would not be complete without:
All in the Family - Christmas at the Bunkers
Andy Griffith Christmas episode
Dick Van Dyke Christmas episode
Mary Tyler Moore 1st Christmas episode...
Remember when Black Friday was on Friday?
Imagine what will happen if the stores are allowed to stay open all night Christmas Eve until lunch time on Christmas Day! This year, more than 50,000 restaurants, bars, convenience stores and...
My Dog Sam
Dear Abby, I too was picked on when I was a child and I too turned to our dog Queenie. She always gave me love and she always listened. Bless you.
Sure I understand that. We used to live in Lake Arrowhead, California and our Christmases there were spectacular....we were way in the mountains, over a lake, snow every winter...heaven! I used to call it God's backyard, it was so perfect.
Not sure you're going to find that in Texas. I live in San Angelo over a Christmas and other than the tamales there wasn't much Christmasy about it.
Gonna be hard to beat West Virginia...but have you considered the mountains of Colorado? Prescott, Arizona is nice for that, and it is about as southwest as you can get. Tahoe? Oregon?
My wife and I talk about owning our own mountain someday. I swear I'm going to do it...
I can give you a dozen reasons not to move to Idaho:
1. Mountains yes, trees NO
2. Snow yes, morons everywhere
3. potatoes yes, potatoes for brains yes
4. Nobody really knows how to pronounce BOISE
5. People there actually care how you pronounce BOISE
6. BOISE is the center of their universe. Have you ever been to BOISE?
7. No Christmas spirit exists (or can exist) in Idaho
8. Do you like the smell of dirt?
9. All the billboards there talk about scenic beauty...in Wyoming
10. Tractor races
11. 3 out of 4 Idahoans cannot identify the vowels found in I-D-A-H-O
12. Want snow? Come to Utah, greatest snow on Earth (worst drivers though)
I got lots more.
Merry Christmas & God Bless,
Casey D. Bell