Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Christmas Gift advice for my 4 yr old Nathan!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,124
Threads: 54,222
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,310)
Welcome to our newest member, gorcidurch

Old 10-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
Christmas Gift advice for my 4 yr old Nathan!

Nathan is convinced Santa Clause is bringing him roller skates for Christmas! Which is great. But I can't figure out which kind of skates he wants.
So. Do I get him the "shoe" kind of skates that you wear, roller blades, or the kind that fits over his shoes? What do you guys think?

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch

Old 10-06-2010, 12:17 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,941 Times in 3,823 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
over here they sell shoe skates which u can set in three or even four different sizes...which means u buy one pair of rollerskates...and he can actually wear them for some time...and won´t need new ones after one year....if you can´t get your hands on those type, i would get nathan the ones to put over the shoes....because the sizes are usually changeable....always......anyhow...he will love the skates no matter which ones you decide to buy...im sure about tthat

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 10-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
Thanks Tanja!
He says he wants red and blue skates! hahaha That really narrows it down huh?! hahaha

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
Old 10-06-2010, 01:18 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,941 Times in 3,823 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
lol....at least a lil hint, huh? kandice gotten some roller skates from her godmother for easter...they do kind of have an army pattern....but the not the regular colors...they look kinda cool

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 10-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,158 Times in 715 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
You could ask him to point them out in the shop?
Old 10-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

We will see. I don't take him into toy stores or go through the toy departments in stores very often. Simply because he sees all that wonderful stuff and I don't want him to get too excited and think he might be getting more than what I can afford!! LOL

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch

Last edited by Faith4always; 10-06-2010 at 03:20 PM. Reason: wrote "awesome" instead of "often"!! ah!
Old 10-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 53,906 Times in 9,768 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Does he already know how to skate?

Why I ask is that Fisher Price has skates for toddlers learning. My kids had them and they have different settings to make it easy to skate.

If you google, Fisher Price My First Skates it will describe how they work.

I hope that helps. Keep us posted on what you decide to get.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,593 Times in 750 Posts
Kimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnog
I like Christmas-A-Holic's suggest.

Also, how about Googling "red and blue skates for kids" and see what pops up LOL!

P.S. I'd also get a helmet.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,518 Times in 922 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Maybe showing him some catalogs that have roller skates so he can point out the ones he wants and cut out the picture or take him to the store with a camera so you can take a picture of the skates he wants to send to Santa to make sure Santa brings him the right ones. There are so many skates out there that I bet Santa will think the photo will be very helpful in making sure he delivers the right ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
Faith4always (10-07-2010)
Old 10-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,031 Times in 13,418 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I was going to also suggest getting pictures of all the skates and letting him point out which pair he likes.