Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Cookies Click here to visit this social group

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,842
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,836)
Welcome to our newest member, HVEKU
View Poll Results: What is your favorite Christmas cookie?
Chocolate Chip - of course 16 34.78%
Butter cookies - the more butter, the better 7 15.22%
Cookie press cookies - love the shapes 6 13.04%
Jam thumbprints - sweet and yummy 0 0%
Sugar cookies - sparkling sweet 11 23.91%
Mint suprise cookies - tasty, chocolately, minty 3 6.52%
Molasses cookies - crinkly, dark and crunchy 3 6.52%
Anything I don't have to bake 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,298 Times in 5,927 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I voted for sugar cookies because they say Christmas to me, but I've never been able to successfully make rolled-out cookies. The dough sticks to the rolling pin and the cutters and I just haven't mastered the technique. (Trying to use my family's recipe, of course.) I recently saw a Teflon-coated rolling pin ... maybe ...

I usually make a few dozen chocolate chip cookies, which my husband loves when I throw in coconut instead of nuts and substitute coconut extract for vanilla extract. It adds just enough of a whisper of coconut, but doesn't overwhelm the chocolate-chip goodness. It'll soon be time to mix up a batch!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 10-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
I only make my sugar cookies once a year and that is for Christmas. My mom and brother love them and if I didn't bake any other kind of cookie they would be just fine with that. I love my sugar cookies and the icing on them. It's a recipe that my mom used for years and it's our tradition to make them every year and if we don't then it's just not Christmas!!! Hard to bake them early and freeze them though because they rarely last until Christmas. I'm better to bake them on Christmas eve!!!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 10-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Im torn between Chocolate Chip, Butter and Sugar. I seriously LOVE all of them. I make Chocolate chips throughout the year... not all the time but probably 3 or 4 times a year. My Dad LOVES my Chocolate chips. Butter and sugar I usually only make in the Fall (for Halloween and Thanksgiving) and for Christmas...sometimes for Easter...my Son likes to help me decorate them
Old 10-11-2010, 05:00 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,151 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
My vote is Chocolate Chips,my kids love sugar cookies and my husband loves gingerbread cookies.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 10-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Last Achievements

sdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elf
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
The dough sticks to the rolling pin and the cutters
You just need to add more flour to the dough and/or the surface you're rolling the dough on. I even flour the rolling pin to keep the dough from sticking. I also have a small pile of flour that I dip the cutters in before using them.

"In all this world there is nothing so beautiful as a happy child." - Santa Claus, The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
Old 10-13-2010, 07:10 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,619 Times in 12,678 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Sometimes I even use powdered sugar!

Cherylle in CA

Originally Posted by sdkluger View Post
You just need to add more flour to the dough and/or the surface you're rolling the dough on. I even flour the rolling pin to keep the dough from sticking. I also have a small pile of flour that I dip the cutters in before using them.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:27 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 6,001 Times in 1,079 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
13 16x16

My Wife makes Christmas cookies. Chocolate chip and sometimes puts bits of candy cane in it!! mmmm!
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:01 PM

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,619 Times in 12,678 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Two of my favorite flavors. I am definitely going to try this. Plus, my sister-in-law with love them, too. Thanks for the idea!

Cherylle in CA

Originally Posted by Undrtakr View Post
My Wife makes Christmas cookies. Chocolate chip and sometimes puts bits of candy cane in it!! mmmm!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

hutz13 has shown a merry disposition
13 16x16

I love shortbread cookies at Christmas, would that be in the butter cookies category?

Old 07-16-2011, 01:57 PM

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,275 Times in 13,281 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
my all time favorite cookie at Christmas is shortbread. Made a month before so it can age and gain even more flavour.