Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Thanksgiving » Come & Share Your Thanksgiving/Fall Recipes!!!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Thanksgiving Real Thanksgiving Thanksgiving is where Christmas really begins. Presented by Real Thanksgiving, this topic explores the activities, the foods, the entertainment and the family time of this classic American holiday.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,833
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 10-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Christmasologist

mommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elf
Snowman2 Come & Share Your Thanksgiving/Fall Recipes!!!

I am in search of new recipes for our Thanksgiving meal. Come, and share your yummy recipes here with everyone!
Old 10-14-2010, 12:59 AM
Christmasologist

mommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elf
Pumpkin Crunch-

1 29oz. Can of pumpkin
1 13oz. Can of evaporated milk
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup sugar
tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 Box yellow cake mix
block butter, melted
1 cup chopped walnuts, optional

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs, salt, and cinnamon. Pour into a 9x13 inch pan. Sprinkle the cake mix over the mixture. Distribute the walnuts evenly over the cake mix, and drizzle the melted butter. Bake for 1 hours. Cool completely, and cut into squares. Serve with whipped cream.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mommytotwo For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (10-14-2010), sugar142286 (10-14-2010)
Old 10-14-2010, 07:25 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,509 Times in 920 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
That pumpkin crunch sounds good, may have to try that!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

VeganChristmasBaby has shown a merry disposition
New Traditional Stuffing :)

I re-created my mom's stuffing recipe after I went vegan two holidays ago, and this is what I do now! The stuffing comes out moist and delicious in the oven, and it crisps up nicely on top. Once I make my holiday gravy, I just slather that onto the stuffing, and then I'm in stuffing heaven. All this talk of stuffing is making me very hungry...

New Traditional Stuffing

(I recommend doubling or tripling this recipe if you have a lot of people coming)

1 package of your favorite vegan bread
2 c. onion, chopped well

2 c. celery, chopped well

3 tbsp Earth Balance Margarine

4 servings EnerG Egg Replacer

(mixed with water according to directions on the package)

3 tbsp. Poultry Seasoning

2-3 c. Really good Vegetable Broth or Stock

More Poultry Seasoning to taste

Salt to taste

Place margarine in a medium-sized pan on medium heat. Once it melts, add onions, celery, poultry seasoning, and salt. Stir occasionally and cook for 5-7 minutes. While vegetables are cooking, rip up bread into small chunks and place in a casserole dish. Once vegetables are done cooking, pour them onto bread and mix well. Slowly pour egg replacer over everything, and mix well. Add enough broth to moisten the mixture. Place in a 350 degree oven for about 35-45 minutes, or until the top of the stuffing has browned nicely.

Remember - taste your mixture before putting it in the oven to make sure it has enough Poultry Seasoning.

Variation: Vegan Sausage and Apple Stuffing

Based on the same recipe as the Traditional Stuffing, but added to the mix will be sliced apples and crumbled, browned Gimme Lean sausage (this is a vegan sausage that can be found in Whole Foods and most health food stores). To make the sausage crumbles, just add some oil to a pan, heat to medium, and crumble Gimme Lean into pan and cook until nicely browned. Add whatever spices you want to add extra flavor.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeganChristmasBaby For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (10-14-2010)
Old 10-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 51,903 Times in 9,424 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by VeganChristmasBaby View Post
I re-created my mom's stuffing recipe after I went vegan two holidays ago, and this is what I do now! The stuffing comes out moist and delicious in the oven, and it crisps up nicely on top. Once I make my holiday gravy, I just slather that onto the stuffing, and then I'm in stuffing heaven. All this talk of stuffing is making me very hungry...

New Traditional Stuffing
(I recommend doubling or tripling this recipe if you have a lot of people coming)

1 package of your favorite vegan bread
2 c. onion, chopped well

2 c. celery, chopped well

3 tbsp Earth Balance Margarine

4 servings EnerG Egg Replacer

(mixed with water according to directions on the package)

3 tbsp. Poultry Seasoning

2-3 c. Really good Vegetable Broth or Stock

More Poultry Seasoning to taste

Salt to taste

Place margarine in a medium-sized pan on medium heat. Once it melts, add onions, celery, poultry seasoning, and salt. Stir occasionally and cook for 5-7 minutes. While vegetables are cooking, rip up bread into small chunks and place in a casserole dish. Once vegetables are done cooking, pour them onto bread and mix well. Slowly pour egg replacer over everything, and mix well. Add enough broth to moisten the mixture. Place in a 350 degree oven for about 35-45 minutes, or until the top of the stuffing has browned nicely.

Remember - taste your mixture before putting it in the oven to make sure it has enough Poultry Seasoning.

Variation: Vegan Sausage and Apple Stuffing

Based on the same recipe as the Traditional Stuffing, but added to the mix will be sliced apples and crumbled, browned Gimme Lean sausage (this is a vegan sausage that can be found in Whole Foods and most health food stores). To make the sausage crumbles, just add some oil to a pan, heat to medium, and crumble Gimme Lean into pan and cook until nicely browned. Add whatever spices you want to add extra flavor.
That looks good. Thanks for sharing!

Do you know of a good vegetarian gravy recipe?

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
VeganChristmasBaby (10-14-2010)
Old 10-14-2010, 10:46 AM

My pleasure, and I do have a gravy recipe!

What I do is use a marinade from another recipe for the base of the gravy - it's a marinade from a recipe called "Bryanna's Breast of Tofu" (funny name, I know!) by Bryanna Clark Grogan - an amazing southern vegan domestic goddess! Just google her to find her website - her holiday recipes are so delicious, and I've loved every one I've made.

Her marinade is:

1 and 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
2 teaspoons dried sage, crumbled (or 2 T. fresh, chopped)
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary (or 1/2 T. fresh)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (or 1/2 T. fresh, chopped)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder

And here's what I do with it:

I take Bryanna's marinade, place it in a small pot on medium heat, and I add a few tablespoons of Earth Balance Margarine and stir occasionally. Once the margarine dissolves, I mix a few tablespoons of flour and water together to make a paste, and I add that to the marinade (you can also use cornstarch). I stir it slowly until it reaches a thickness level I like. Add more flour/water paste if you want it thicker.

If you're sodium sensitive, you can just use less soy sauce or a reduced-sodium soy sauce.

If you're gluten sensitive, you can by wheat-free soy sauce and use cornstarch instead of flour to thicken the gravy.

Also, if any of the food items sound unfamiliar, let me know and I can decode them for you. I know that when I first started cooking vegan, I had NO idea what items like nutritional yeast were, but now I'm well-versed on the stuff and love it!
The Following User Says Thank You to VeganChristmasBaby For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (10-14-2010)
Old 10-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 51,903 Times in 9,424 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Thanks and yes I am actually allergic to wheat/gluten so that helps to have an alternative. It's a drag that my system is sensitive to so many foods! I get sick too easy and just have to be careful! My mother who is near 70 can eat just about anything and is in very good health! I wish I took after her. =)

I do buy nutritional yeast flakes at Whole Foods from time to time.

Thanks for the recipe!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
VeganChristmasBaby (10-14-2010)
Old 10-14-2010, 04:53 PM

Glad to help! I don't have a gluten sensitivity, but every now and then, I like to go a day without eating it. It's tough, since it's in so many foods and dishes!