Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2010 Christmas/Holiday Radio Programming & Schedules

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,971
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, BelenikovaRord
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas in Mexico
By MMc Editor
06-02-2002 09:17 PM
43,243 Views  0 Posts
Bells The REAL First Christmas
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:34 PM
0 Posts
How the Grinch Stole...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:18 PM
58,822 Views  0 Posts
The Big Red Box
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:27 PM
0 Posts
The Early Word on Black...
By MMC Editor
10-11-2011 05:07 AM
48,476 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I bookmarked all the commercial stations last year that I found in this thread. I haven't had time to check all of them yet. I checked about half of them last week and found no Christmas formats yet.
RadioJonD (10-21-2010)
Old 10-21-2010, 09:19 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,206 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Stoled this one from Jeff, MCR, and ElfBot! I couldn't locate a station affiliate list. Listen for this on your local station. Since the show airs Thanksgiving weekend it is a good bet that stations planning an all Christmas format will pick this one up!

Wilson Phillips to Host Christmas Radio Show Over Thanksgiving

By Jeff Westover on Oct 20, 2010 in Music News

United Stations Radio Networks is producing and distributing a holiday program, “Christmas with Wilson Phillips,” a three-hour special to air over the long Thanksgiving holiday weekend. The holiday-themed program will be hosted by all three members of Wilson Phillips — Carnie Wilson, Wendy Wilson and Chynna Phillips — and will feature a mix of traditional Christmas songs as well as some of the highlights from the trio’s new seasonal music collection called Christmas in Harmony. Stations that air this special on Thanksgiving will be given the opportunity to re-air it commercial-free on the Christmas holiday as well.

Says USRN’s EVP/Programming, Andy Denemark: “So many great Adult Contemporary radio stations have been successful with the all-Christmas format during the final weeks of the year, so it seemed time to deliver something special to fit in with their holiday focus. When we learned of the new Wilson Phillips Christmas in Harmony album, it was a little dream that they might play host for our seasonal special… and that dream came true!”
Old 10-21-2010, 09:27 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Custom Channels - Part 3

Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
I must be senile. I had already mentioned Custom Channels. Oh well.
Custom Channels 10 Reasons to Stream Christmas Music

Custom Channels has ads in about every radio web page/forum I visit these days.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:44 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

100,000 Watts lists WSMM 102.3, The Stream, near South Bend, Indiana USA as all Christmas music.

WSMM's web page is very generic with an online listen link. The listen link opens for me but so far I haven't heard anything. I've checked my volume and speakers and still nothing.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:55 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

mac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elf
An actual link to X-Mas music available now!!

WSNY - Sunny 95, 94.7 – Columbus, Ohio, USA – http://www.sunny95.com/

Online Christmas music only for now - http://www.sunny95.com/pages/3175360.php

Cheers!!

ML
Old 10-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

ptd050913 has shown a merry disposition
100,000 Watts lists WSMM 102.3, The Stream, near South Bend, Indiana USA as all Christmas music.

WSMM's web page is very generic with an online listen link. The listen link opens for me but so far I haven't heard anything. I've checked my volume and speakers and still nothing.
There's an article online through a local South Bend newspaper about the station flipping to all Christmas. I guess WSMM really did make the switch.

Here’s the link to the article. It says this year was the first time the station did it.
http://www.southbendtribune.com/arti...0210303/-1/XML
The Following User Says Thank You to ptd050913 For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (10-22-2010)
Old 10-22-2010, 02:35 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by mac55 View Post
An actual link to X-Mas music available now!!

WSNY - Sunny 95, 94.7 – Columbus, Ohio, USA – http://www.sunny95.com/

Online Christmas music only for now - http://www.sunny95.com/pages/3175360.php

Cheers!!

ML
Sunny 95 did the same thing last year. They started with an online stream in October and then switched on-air in mid November.

They switched to on air Christmas in years past around November 17, 2009 and November 11, 2008.

I bet they do it again about the same time this year!

Another station in Columbus to go all Christmas last year was WLTZ, 93.3.

http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/se...earchid=484103
Old 10-22-2010, 02:45 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by ptd050913 View Post
There's an article online through a local South Bend newspaper about the station flipping to all Christmas. I guess WSMM really did make the switch.

Here’s the link to the article. It says this year was the first time the station did it.
http://www.southbendtribune.com/arti...0210303/-1/XML
Welcome to MMC & to the Radio Room, ptd050913! I hope you'll stop by the Introduction Forum and tell us a little about yourself!

In that news article from the South Bend Tribune newspaper it looks like WSMM had nothing to loose by going all Christmas this early. They were tied at 13th in the market ratings. I'll be interested to see if a format change follows shortly after Christmas!

Article Quote:

And in small media market like South Bend, the fight for ratings can be tough.
According to Arbitron Rating Data, 102.3 was tied for 13th place in local ratings for people older than 12 in the spring of 2010.

But deciding when to switch to the “all-Christmas” format is risky — too late, and another station might beat you to the switch; too early and it could turn listeners off.
AuntieMistletoeDear (10-22-2010)
Old 10-22-2010, 06:25 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
I get a little skip in my merry listening heart when I do a search for stations and always find Merry Christmas Radio within the top four listings of my search. Could be a cookie crumb thing, but I like to think it's because we're growing in popularity.

The Following User Says Thank You to AuntieMistletoeDear For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (10-22-2010)
Old 10-22-2010, 06:41 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by AuntieMistletoeDear View Post
I get a little skip in my merry listening heart when I do a search for stations and always find Merry Christmas Radio within the top four listings of my search. Could be a cookie crumb thing, but I like to think it's because we're growing in popularity.
'Finding' MCR while seraching gives me a warm fuzzy feeling! I't happening more and more.

Though it's flattering, finding this thread and past schedule threads while searching for more items kind of gets in the way though!
AuntieMistletoeDear (10-22-2010)