Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2010 Radio stations switching over to Christmas music?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,132
Threads: 54,248
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, elf princess

Old 10-31-2010, 03:50 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,271 Times in 2,303 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by KWasser View Post
Awesome, yes, that's where I live, and that matches what I remember from last year.

Note that KOSP Star 105.1 is now Star 92.9, but same format ("Greatest Hits"). Found this little tidbit posted on their website, which I found funny: http://star929.fm/Christmas-Music/8456469

Okay, I'll start using other thread for discussing the radio stations.

Wait, it says I have to be a Platinum member to post in your thread RadioJon. Man, they make it difficult around here to post at times, it seems...
No reason why we can't have two then! Those that can't post in the Radio/Audio forum can continue here! I will then quote you (from here) over there!

If you want to coment here about a post over there I'll quote it here as well. Just refer to the station and/or post number. The post number is in the on the right (above your join date) in the green bar immediately above your screen name.

(This particular post is #11)

Last edited by RadioJonD; 10-31-2010 at 04:05 AM.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
Thanks RadioJonD! I've listened all day, and none of my local stations switched over today as Nov. 1st.

Next most likely chance will be this Friday. The Transiberian Orchestra is coming to town that night, and so I can picture at least one of the local radio stations using the occasion to flip over to Holiday format.

So, having read through your thread, can I double check: Which 4 radio stations (to date) have switched over to Christmas music?
The Following User Says Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (11-01-2010)
Old 11-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
I emailed one of our stations today and they are starting November 19th!
Old 11-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,500 Times in 1,598 Posts
XmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by MsChristmas View Post
I emailed one of our stations today and they are starting November 19th!

Your lucky I emailed both my local staitions and still no responce a few days later lol.

Hester, Pat (2013-11-14). Christmas Mall Follies (p. 56). . Kindle Edition.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Merry Forums Newbie
Last Achievements

liswank has shown a merry disposition
DC

Here in the nation's capital, WASH (97.1) is now streaming Xmas music online. They start playing Xmas music over the air 24/7 the Friday before Thanksgiving, IIRC. Local DJs most of the day, with Delilah at night. I came to the area for college, and Fall semester finals time was always amazing. We'd all put 97.1 on and listen to some jolly tunes while studying (with the help of some loaded egg nog, of course).

IDK how much I'll listen to the radio this year, since my wife and I bought a record player for the first time (we're 25 and 26) and we've already bought some Xmas vinyls. We've bugged the local used record store since July for them. I'm sure we'll be wearing out the needle with those records. We're looking online for some Xmas vinyl memories from our childhoods.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to liswank For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (11-01-2010), whitney37354 (11-02-2010)
Old 11-01-2010, 07:06 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,271 Times in 2,303 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by KWasser View Post
Thanks RadioJonD! I've listened all day, and none of my local stations switched over today as Nov. 1st.

Next most likely chance will be this Friday. The Transiberian Orchestra is coming to town that night, and so I can picture at least one of the local radio stations using the occasion to flip over to Holiday format.

So, having read through your thread, can I double check: Which 4 radio stations (to date) have switched over to Christmas music?
I keep a keen eye on:

http://www.100000watts.com/specials.asp

http://www.radio-info.com/programmin...mat-flips-2010

15 stations nationwide (US) at this post!
Old 11-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

agentm13 has shown a merry disposition
We have several here that will start on the weekends!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
I have no idea how to check for my area, does anyone have helpful links on this?
Old 11-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,651 Times in 585 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
I e-mailed our local station that usually turns over on Thanksgiving, but was earlier last year. I haven't heard back yet.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
Regarding that link I mentioned in this thread the other day:

http://star929.fm/Christmas-Music/8456469

They started that contest yesterday. I thought they would be playing one Christmas song per hour, but no, it's one Christmas song per day. They make you listen all day for the Christmas song, then you call in to try and win Christmas Cash.

Anyway, the Christmas song they played yesterday was "It's the Most Wonderful Time of The Year" by Andy Williams. Thus, that's the first Christmas song played for this holiday season in this area! I always like to try to catch the first song they play for the season...

Actually, that song was a bit of a predictable choice for the radio station, since Andy Williams' "Moon River Theater" is a popular attraction in nearby Branson, MO.

Also, I noticed that KGBX 105.9 is calling themselves "THE Christmas Music Station", while Star 92.9 is calling themselves "The OFFICIAL Christmas Music Station". I love the rivalry between these two stations. Too bad neither has truly flipped the switch over to Holiday format just yet.