Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Music » Need Some Help with Some Old Albums I've Come Across...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Music Scripture doesn't say it be we know those angels were singing at the manger. And music has been the heart of Christmas ever since.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,837
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 11-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Superfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elf
Need Some Help with Some Old Albums I've Come Across...

Hi all,

My Christmas music collecting continues and I've stumbled across the following 3 albums that, aside from a song or two here and there, sound identical. Can anyone help figure out the deal with these sharity items...

Al Goodman and his orchestra play A Christmas Symphony ( http://rapidshare.com/#!download|277tl3|78638258|AGXmasSymphony.zip|6296 9 )

White Christmas - George Jenkins - The Christmas Strings ( http://rapidshare.com/files/312755010/George_Jenkins_-_White_Christmas.zip )

Christmas Favorites - International Pop Orchestra/110 Musicians ( http://www.mediafire.com/?eyxmzuzjmzz )

Like I said, these sound identical. I don't know if its poster's error or what.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND A MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Last edited by Superfreak3; 11-19-2010 at 09:46 AM. Reason: COSMETICS
Old 11-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,278 Times in 5,922 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
RadioJonD is a wizard on LPs and sharity websites. Give him a shout.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 11-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Last Achievements

Superfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elf
I did find this at falalalala.com...

It is actually a record that came out in the fifties and sixties under many different titles. I first heard it as "A Christmas Symphony" by Al Goodman. It was also titles "1000 Strings st Christmas". Later it was released as by George Jenkins. Id love to know the real origin of this one. It is one of my favorites.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
RadioJonD is a wizard on LPs and sharity websites. Give him a shout.
Ah, yes! Good direction.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:52 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,238 Times in 2,287 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Thank you for the vote of confidence, MerryCarey, but Superfreak3 found my first source in such matters at The Fa anyway! That is where I always look first when tasked about Christmas music.

The repackaging of recorded Christmas music is hard to sort through at times even in this digital age.