Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » I went shopping today for Black Friday..anybody else?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 11-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
I went shopping today for Black Friday..anybody else?

It was so fun!!
I got Hagin a little car (the one advertized by WalMart for $15), the other little tot toy (giraffe thingy), got NayNay a Lightning McQueen "snuggie" tyype thing, got both the little ones pajamas, and got Nathan a hoodie with Sponge Bop on it. Yes, he calls SpongeBob...Sponge Bop! hahahahaha
I wanted to get him a camera (the blue Vtech one), but they sold out. Will have to get him one when I get back to Lafayette. Been spending Thanksgiving in TX with John's side of the family.
I'm having a ball!! It snowed and sleeted here a little bit. It didn't stick though. It was fun knowing it was falling. The sun is shining now. It's beautiful!!!!!!!!When we got home I made a breakfast of toast & jelly, fried eggs and ham. Oh it was sooooo good!!
I just finished making Oreo Balls (NOM)!! It's been such a wonderful day so far!!!!!!!!!! We're putting up the Christmas tree this afternoon/evening!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
The Following User Says Thank You to Faith4always For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (11-26-2010)

Old 11-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

TwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Aw, thats great your having so much fun!

Have a great weekend

The Following User Says Thank You to TwinkleLights25 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (11-26-2010)
Old 11-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Merry Forums Newbie

domoMKIV has shown a merry disposition
Oreo balls? Please describe! My wife makes a fantastic oreo pie but I am interested in your creation.

Anyway, back on-topic. I didn't go out this year, the wife and daughter did though. They picked up a few things, wife got her cricut cake machine for 50% off so she was pretty happy about that.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
Originally Posted by domoMKIV View Post
Oreo balls? Please describe! My wife makes a fantastic oreo pie but I am interested in your creation.

Anyway, back on-topic. I didn't go out this year, the wife and daughter did though. They picked up a few things, wife got her cricut cake machine for 50% off so she was pretty happy about that.

Oreo Balls

1 pack of Oreos
1 box of cream cheese (8 oz.)
1 bag of almond bark

Leave your cream cheese on your counter top for at least 30 minutes to soften.

Put Oreos into food processor until they are chopped into very fine pieces.

Once cream cheese is softened, get a big bowl and put cream cheese and Oreos together, use a fork to mix together until it becomes a big ball.

Put wax paper on counter.

Spray your hands with PAM and roll the Oreos/cream cheese into small balls and place on wax paper.

Once all the balls are rolled, warm your almond bark, only four or five pieces at a time in the microwave for no more than 20 seconds at a time.

Using a clean fork, dip Oreo balls into almond bark then place back onto wax paper to harden.

-You can use any flavor Oreos, they are all good.

- If you have time to spare you can place the wax paper on a cookie sheet before hand and once the Oreo balls are rolled out you can place them in the fridge for 30 minutes. This makes the Oreo balls hard, easier to dip and they harden faster).

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
Old 11-26-2010, 08:48 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
I also went.. with some of my favorite gal pals Not happy with any of the so called sale items though. I am no where done!

♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 11-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,322 Times in 4,540 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We went....it was too much fun!

Have glove will travel
Old 11-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 688 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
I had a really good time shopping with my niece. I found some good deals and then some, and the crowds were pretty tame, so that was nice. There were about 1,000 people or more at Target this morning though, covering 3-4 surrounding parking lots. It took 5 mins (or more) sitting at the traffic light just to turn into the lot, and then 20 mins to find a spot. It was crazy, but fun, and I'm glad I decided to go ahead and go out.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:05 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
good u had a nice time linda

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 11-27-2010, 07:02 AM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,617 Times in 7,652 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I stayed home and bought a few books online

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
Old 11-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

MrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Faith4always View Post
Oreo Balls

1 pack of Oreos
1 box of cream cheese (8 oz.)
1 bag of almond bark

Leave your cream cheese on your counter top for at least 30 minutes to soften.

Put Oreos into food processor until they are chopped into very fine pieces.

Once cream cheese is softened, get a big bowl and put cream cheese and Oreos together, use a fork to mix together until it becomes a big ball.

Put wax paper on counter.

Spray your hands with PAM and roll the Oreos/cream cheese into small balls and place on wax paper.

Once all the balls are rolled, warm your almond bark, only four or five pieces at a time in the microwave for no more than 20 seconds at a time.

Using a clean fork, dip Oreo balls into almond bark then place back onto wax paper to harden.

-You can use any flavor Oreos, they are all good.

- If you have time to spare you can place the wax paper on a cookie sheet before hand and once the Oreo balls are rolled out you can place them in the fridge for 30 minutes. This makes the Oreo balls hard, easier to dip and they harden faster).

What is almond bark????
I don't think it's made it to the UK yet or maybe we call it something else.