Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » I went shopping today for Black Friday..anybody else?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,948
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,270)
Welcome to our newest member, TeamYANTSU

Old 11-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
Originally Posted by MrsEd View Post
What is almond bark????
I don't think it's made it to the UK yet or maybe we call it something else.
Almond bark is a candy coating we can buy here in the States.
It comes in white chocolate or milk chocolate. You simply melt it in the microwave and dip fruits, nuts and make candies and such with it. Tasty!!!

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch

Old 11-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
For the first time, ever in my life, my husband and i went shopping early in the morning on Black Friday. WE got up around 3am, and went to JC Penney. They opened at 4am, and we had such a good time. WE each received a mickey mouse snowglobe when we walked in the door. WE did some shopping, then went out to breakfast. WE also needed to hit the grocery store, so we did that too, and were home for the rest of the day at 8am. Although we were both very tired later that day, it was a fun experience.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:14 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

One Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnog
It's a tradition with the girls in my family, so yes we went....What a wonderful time, and the only long line was Target....Walmart's midnight sale helped a lot with crowds and we were able to move on....Memories made and tons of laughter....

Old 11-29-2010, 12:20 AM
kerstig

Originally Posted by Faith4always View Post
Almond bark is a candy coating we can buy here in the States.
It comes in white chocolate or milk chocolate. You simply melt it in the microwave and dip fruits, nuts and make candies and such with it. Tasty!!!
they do sell those in the UK, i know, cause i ordered those online from the uk (cause they don't sell m here... :P )
here you go:
http://www.sugarshack.co.uk/product/31247/Candy_Melts
Old 11-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,649 Times in 585 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
I waited until the afternoon to venture out to the stores here. We live in a small town (a few thousand people), so it never gets really crowded during the day, but you might have to wait a while in line to get out. I went to K-Mart, Dollar General, Fred's, & Family Dollar. I got two pair of shoes for my grandmother, candy for Dad's stocking, dishtowels for "extra gifts", a picture frame, Christmas yard picks for Mom, batteries & an extension cord. DD got a Barbie outfit for her dolls.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Memaw_Elf is a good elfMemaw_Elf is a good elfMemaw_Elf is a good elfMemaw_Elf is a good elfMemaw_Elf is a good elfMemaw_Elf is a good elf
I went shopping with my 2 sweet daughter-inlaws..We had a blast..It was first year for both to go Black Friday shopping..We filled the car up!
Old 11-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Merry KISSmas
Last Achievements

Mr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elf
This was the first Black Friday in about... 10 years I think, that I didn't go out shopping and I think I'm all the better for it.
whitney37354 (11-30-2010)
Old 11-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

emski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elf
I went with my sister and mom at 4 am. It was only the 2nd time I've ever been. We had a really great time. We started at Target, which had the longest line, but it went quickly. Then we went to Kohls, WalMart, stopped for breaskfast and finished with Macy's and the Gap.

I finished my shopping and had a really fun time! The lines were small everywhere else, and everyone was very pleasant.