Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » 1000watts favorite station?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,131
Threads: 54,242
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,651)
Welcome to our newest member, SShoebrid

Old 11-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,244 Times in 496 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
1000watts favorite station?

Hey guys, I have been listening to the online radio stations listed on that 1000watts site that RadioJon has listed each year.

I am curious which one is your favorite? I listen to the Philly stations but that BenFM is pretty good...no commercials!
RadioJonD (11-09-2010)

Old 11-09-2010, 02:11 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,271 Times in 2,303 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Now why havenít I thought of this thread?! Nice, GingerMel!

I agree, BenFM is the stand out of the current listed 27 stations. That may change when more are added though!

Each year, 100k Watts list commercial broadcast radio stations flipping to all Christmas. Most of these stations will obtain their programming from the same source. I wouldnít be surprised that if you tuned in to one next to another you would hear the same thing!

What will determine individuality of each station will be local commercials, contests, charity/community events and hometown greetings from individuals and celebrities.

Iím interested in your favorites too and will try to sample a few of the stations during the season. Of course my seasonal tastes runs more toward public radio.

Maybe we need to have playoffs by listing two at a time with the winner taking on the next station!
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
GingerMel (11-09-2010)
Old 11-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
You know...you're right about it being the same stuff, I bet.

Yesterday after I posted this I continued to listen to BenFM and I started hearing a bunch of the same songs I'd heard in the morning. I guess to the casual listener it's not a big deal but I was like "hang on, Mariah Carey again?"

I switched to the one out of Michigan. It's pretty good...has commercials but it's more like listening to regular radio, which is kinda neat.

Last night I loaded up my iphone with a bunch of my Christmas songs so that today when I'm working in the lab I can listen to them! yaaaay!

I would be very curious to know what other stations you guys like.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:21 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

As far as radio stations playing Christmas music, I have to say that last year the Station from the 2009 Program/Schedule list that blew my elf hat across the room was WCSF out of St. Joliet, Illinois. Of course WCSF, 88.7, is a public radio station so they don't have to worry about alot!

Each year from Thanksgiving to past New Year WCFS broadcasts "Spirit of Christmas" non-stop commercal free Christmas tunes and OTR. They have to have the widest and most varied playlist ever!

Before I get too carried away just click here to see how I raved about WCSF last year!

Watch this year's thread and my MMC blog for more reccomendations soon!
Old 11-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

See...this is good! I don't think I even listened to the Illinois one.

great!
Old 11-27-2010, 09:21 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

I got quoted by WCSF on their 'Spirit of Christmas' FaceBook Page! They are back on the air for 2010! Give 'em a listen! And tell them I sent you!
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
As far as radio stations playing Christmas music, I have to say that last year the Station from the 2009 Program/Schedule list that blew my elf hat across the room was WCSF out of St. Joliet, Illinois. Of course WCSF, 88.7, is a public radio station so they don't have to worry about alot!

Each year from Thanksgiving to past New Year WCFS broadcasts "Spirit of Christmas" non-stop commercal free Christmas tunes and OTR. They have to have the widest and most varied playlist ever!

Before I get too carried away just click here to see how I raved about WCSF last year!

Watch this year's thread and my MMC blog for more reccomendations soon!
Old 11-27-2010, 09:24 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

100k Watts is showing 237 radio stations playing all Christmas stations in 2010 as of this post. You won't beat WCSF though.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
100k Watts is showing 237 radio stations playing all Christmas stations in 2010 as of this post. You won't beat WCSF though.
Holy crap!