Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Music » The worst Christmas album ever?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Music Scripture doesn't say it be we know those angels were singing at the manger. And music has been the heart of Christmas ever since.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,026
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,029)
Welcome to our newest member, sonicboomboy

Old 02-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Scot Meyers has shown a merry dispositionScot Meyers has shown a merry dispositionScot Meyers has shown a merry dispositionScot Meyers has shown a merry dispositionScot Meyers has shown a merry disposition
I would have to say the worst christmas music of all time was HUNG FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!
William Hung...
Oh My that album is really BAD!!

Old 02-16-2010, 09:10 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,030 Times in 446 Posts
Bullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnog
Any disco Christmas album qualifies for worst ever!

Oh my, she exclaims, her breath smoking the windowpane, it's fruitcake weather!
Old 12-26-2010, 06:25 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,253 Times in 2,297 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
The 50 Worst Christmas Albums of All Times according to Buzz Feed dot com.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:40 AM
is waiting for Fall
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,833 Times in 1,098 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
I heard Annie Lennox's new Christmas album on my satellite radio the other day. I have to say that it is something that I would not even consider buying. It's that bad.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
The 50 Worst Christmas Albums of All Times according to Buzz Feed dot com.
It would be hard to argue with most of that list, Jon. There weres some exceptions though. Some of them make a person just ask, "Why?"
Old 11-16-2012, 10:51 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Edison Research 2012

Edison Research has released their "The Least Liked Holiday Songs of 2012" list.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,128 Times in 697 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Mannheim Steamroller, “Deck The Halls”
I seriously cannot believe that made the list.

I do, however, agree with the choice of the Beach Boys. They should have NEVER even attempted any Christmas tunes.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,244 Times in 496 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I cannot STAND that Christmas Shoes song. Glad to see that I'm not the only one.

I also dislike the Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer one but it's nothing like the disdain I feel for the Christmas Shoes song.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:17 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
I seriously cannot believe that made the list.

I do, however, agree with the choice of the Beach Boys. They should have NEVER even attempted any Christmas tunes.
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
One of the prime examples of a fairly popular band that should have stayed away from Christmas is Paul Revere & The Raiders.

Though I like their music, whatever you do, STAY AWAY from their “A Christmas Present…and Past.” The original album was released in October 1967. You’ll notice that not a tune from it ever receives repetitive airplay during the season! What a block of cheese this stuff is! Certainly this is not a starting point to the band’s work or they would have never become popular!

Somebody made the poor judgment to re-issue the album to CD. All I can say is that you have to be a fan as committed as a facial tattoo to actually want this in your collection!

Record companies often push their artists to record seasonal offerings hoping to milk a little more from the cash cow. More often than not, these less from the heart efforts are lackluster at best and just plain awful at worst. In the above mentioned case, I believe it was all about the spiked eggnog.

I feel the same way about Paul Revere and the Raiders Christmas offering, “Christmas Present…and Past.” A huge block of cheese from an otherwise cool band.

Lol, when I researched that link I saw where Amazon called the album “…one of the great lost treasures of Christmas rock…” Even though my life’s goal is to hear every Christmas song ever recorded, that one could have stayed buried and I would have never known nor missed it!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,115 Times in 937 Posts
jennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the tree
For the most part, I like just about any Christmas song out there. Even though I dislike certain versions, I might love someone else's rendition of the song. There is one song that I do hate, every version, and that would be Little Drummer Boy. I can't stand it and no one in my family likes it either. I just change the radio whenever it comes on!

I don't like Justin Bieber's Christmas album. Just because you are a singer doesn't mean you should take on/chop up/ruin Christmas songs!
The Following User Says Thank You to jennifer91 For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (11-28-2012)