Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Year Round Christmas Store

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,938
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,013)
Welcome to our newest member, RMcGuigan

Old 01-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

RachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elf
Year Round Christmas Store

For a long time now I have considered jumping in and leasing a small store front for a year round christmas store however I just cant figure out how to keep people thinking Christmas in April, May and June .Present company excluded. If all the members of these forums lived in my town I would be all set.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RachRon For This Useful Post:
Seawaters (02-09-2011), snowflake22 (02-28-2012)

Old 01-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 75,227 Times in 15,029 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
There is a small Christmas store in my town that is only open July 4 and then Mid-November-Dec. 24. Another one that is local opens in May-December. I guess you would just have to figure out ways to draw customers in with special days, or crafts on making your own ornaments. I could imagine this time of year would be very tough without big clearance sales.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:40 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

mrichmond636 has shown a merry dispositionmrichmond636 has shown a merry dispositionmrichmond636 has shown a merry dispositionmrichmond636 has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by RachRon View Post
For a long time now I have considered jumping in and leasing a small store front for a year round christmas store however I just cant figure out how to keep people thinking Christmas in April, May and June .Present company excluded. If all the members of these forums lived in my town I would be all set.
I know of a few shops in the UK that are open for the whole year and sell only christmas everything! They must do well for themselves as I am sure they would have closed by now! There must be a market for them!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrichmond636 For This Useful Post:
happyelf (01-12-2011), Seawaters (02-09-2011), snowflake22 (02-28-2012)
Old 01-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,824 Times in 9,580 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We have 2 year round Christmas stores in our area. They have been in business for awhile and doing well. They did tell me they sell a lot of Christmas lights year round when people are having weddings, parties, etc. because they can't buy them anywhere else during the spring and summer.

These stores also have a selection of other holiday items, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween and more. Those items are not stocked year round but only as those holidays arrive. You might considered a section of your store to serve that purpose to keep business year round. I am sure when they pop in for Easter goodies they will take an interest in the Christmas items as well.

Good luck to you and keep us posted. =)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (02-01-2011), Seawaters (02-09-2011), snowflake22 (02-28-2012)
Old 01-04-2011, 09:48 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 161,301 Times in 30,658 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
These stores also have a selection of other holiday items, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween and more. Those items are not stocked year round but only as those holidays arrive. You might considered a section of your store to serve that purpose to keep business year round. I am sure when they pop in for Easter goodies they will take an interest in the Christmas items as well.

That was my idea also.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (01-04-2011), Seawaters (02-09-2011), snowflake22 (02-28-2012)
Old 01-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,842 Times in 3,870 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
A lot of the smaller year round stores are closed in January for inventory... I don't know how the chains do it...
Old 01-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Nutcracker has shown a merry disposition
There's an all-Christmas near me in Banff, Alberta, which is open year-round. They seem to do pretty well for themselves, but I suspect it's because they're in the centre of tourist town. I bought a beaut of a nutcracker last time I was there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nutcracker For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2011, 06:21 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 19,004 Times in 3,072 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
There is a Christmas store at the Factory outlet mall in my town. I don't know how it mangages to stay open here,Im sure it is the Interstate traffic for everyone going down to Florida for the winter/spring breaks/and summer vacations. The lady that owns it was already loaded anyway so I'm sure that helps as well. I love going in it from time to time but things are too expensive for my tastes!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,842 Times in 3,870 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
A lot of it has to do with a catchy store name... there's a thread elsewhere on the forum that discusses that very topic...

http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=23610
Old 02-02-2011, 02:34 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

ScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elf
There will be the unique factor, a Christmas store 364, plus I guess online sales will be a help as well for those that live some distance away.

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

The Following User Says Thank You to ScottCalvin For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-28-2012)