Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Holidays Year Round » Independence Day Pictures

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Holidays Year Round All other major holidays are discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,847
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,189)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 07-05-2007, 10:17 AM
MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
Independence Day Pictures

Last night I ventured out of the house for the first time all week to go watch our local fireworks display. It was kind of risky with the headaches I've been getting, but it went okay. Anyway, here's the link to the album with a few of the better pictures I was able to get:http://s196.photbucket.com/albums/aa126/dominickatmmc/7-4-07/.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
Absolutely beautiful pictures!!!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 10:32 AM

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
Thanks. That was the first time I had ever tried to photograph fireworks and I learned it's a bit more difficult than I had anticipated. My timing sucked and I kept screwing with camera settings the whole time. Despite myself, I managed to get some decent shots.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

e_xander is a good elfe_xander is a good elfe_xander is a good elfe_xander is a good elfe_xander is a good elfe_xander is a good elf
Good pics, Tony. Now imagine what you can do next year now that you know what to do when taking pictures of fireworks!

Sean
Old 07-05-2007, 12:24 PM

I don't know. With the long exposure, you still have to take the picture before you know what exactly you're taking the picture of. It's really kind of hit or miss.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:46 PM
On the Naughty List

Jinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnog
Hey Tony... you did get some pretty good pic's!
I can never get pics to turn out good, even a not-moving-object during total day light I dunno
Old 07-05-2007, 09:13 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,932 Times in 2,418 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
That's where new digital photography takes a backseat to the old. With my old camera I could just let the shutter stay open and only close it when the fireworks were over.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:16 PM
MMC Master of SantaClausology

Last Achievements

Michael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnog
Wow! Those are GREAT!

"Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Looking for Santa? Check out my SantaBlog or visit my personal site
Want to become Santa or Mrs. Claus? Visit
ClausNET.com
Old 07-06-2007, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jinglebelle View Post
Hey Tony... you did get some pretty good pic's!
I can never get pics to turn out good, even a not-moving-object during total day light I dunno
There are a lot of variables there. What kind of camera are you using?
...and I'm glad you like the pictures.

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
That's where new digital photography takes a backseat to the old. With my old camera I could just let the shutter stay open and only close it when the fireworks were over.
There are many higher end digital cameras that allow the use of a remote shutter button and unlimited exposure. I'd go so far as to say most DSLRs can. I'm just using a strictly consumer grade CCD camera that had a lot of neat features for the money, including an incredible zoom for what it is (12x optical). One day I'll get something a little nicer, but I really like this camera. I don't think I'd go (d)SLR just because I like being able to frame the picture using a nice, crisp LCD screen. I think a 3CCD may be next.

Originally Posted by SC View Post
Wow! Those are GREAT!
Thanks!

Last edited by dominick; 07-06-2007 at 12:36 AM.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:44 AM
On the Naughty List

Jinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnog
3.2 MP hp photosmart 735

Dave says it's because I can't hold still!