Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2011

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,132
Threads: 54,249
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, elf princess

Old 01-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,216 Times in 15,270 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good morning,

I actually slept like a log last night, feeling more rested but still blah. I did take down our three foot tree this morning, was going to do the 6 footer also but I don't have the energy, and I am not quite ready yet, maybe Sunday. Snowstorm moving in tonight, just hope our heating oil delivery gets here before the storm does we are quite low and may not make it 2 more days.

Have a great Tuesday

Old 01-11-2011, 07:25 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 54,091 Times in 9,796 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
My indoor cat is missing and I am really upset. I have 2 cats and they sit at this one window in the house and watch the stray kitties outside. They jump at the window constantly trying to get to them and I am assuming they broke the window and he escaped through it. The glass fell outside so I am sure they broke it from inside. We have had freezing temperatures all night with wind chills in the single digits. He is not use to this since he has been indoors for several years. We have a serious stray dog and cat problem around here so he is mixed in with them all right now. I just hope he is ok. I didn't sleep well last night hoping he will return. This is the very first time he has escaped.

My son is worried sick. He had an assignment for school that is due today and had trouble concentrating on getting it done.

Please say a prayer for his safe return. =(

Edit: I didn't realize Wayne already posted about this. I just woke up. Last night we didn't know how it got broke but as of this morning it makes sense to me that my cats broke it.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (01-11-2011), Bradmac (01-11-2011), caninemom3 (01-11-2011), gabulldawg (01-11-2011), Seawaters (01-11-2011), xmas365 (01-11-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 07:28 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,886 Times in 4,736 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Tuesday morning, my Christmas friends!

My younger brother is having surgery today to repair his sinuses, since he has so many sinus infections. The have to break his nose & re-set it, then drill out his sinuses and take out his tonsils. Ouch! He says he's ready to get it done so he can avoid all the infections, but, WOW, that sounds painful!

I worry about him whenever he has to have medical procedures done. He's on immunosupressive drugs to prevent rejection of the kidney I gave him a few years ago. It seems like every time he goes to the doctor, he comes back sicker than when he went. All we can do is pray this helps more than it hurts, I guess.

I lighter news, I think our town beautification group has enough money to buy some year-round pole banners. Everytime we take down the Christmas banners, Main St. looks so bare. I was thinking something like, "Welcome to Historic Bellville". Or maybe some Fall banners?

I hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
My indoor cat is missing and I am really upset. I have 2 cats and they sit at this one window in the house and watch the stray kitties outside. They jump at the window constantly trying to get to them and I am assuming they broke the window and he escaped through it. The glass fell outside so I am sure they broke it from inside. We have had freezing temperatures all night with wind chills in the single digits. He is not use to this since he has been indoors for several years. We have a serious stray dog and cat problem around here so he is mixed in with them all right now. I just hope he is ok. I didn't sleep well last night hoping he will return. This is the very first time he has escaped.

My son is worried sick. He had an assignment for school that is due today and had trouble concentrating on getting it done.

Please say a prayer for his safe return. =(

Will do. I hope you find him soon.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:38 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 54,091 Times in 9,796 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
I know, I found it by accident last night and watching the video of it just really made me want it so just got to save all my pennies to make sure I get it for next Christmas season. I have a fake tree so hopefully it will be strong enough.
I noticed on my fake tree that if I bend the top part of the tree down my angel stays on better. It doubles the strength of it.
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Am I crazy for keeping my tree lit in the window on January 10? I use to feel self conscious for keeping my tree up and on in front of the window for so long, but since I have joined here I feel like I could keep the tree going a lot longer and be proud of it.

This is the tree I am talking about, a little 3 footer: http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/al...pictureid=5582
I still have my 7 ft in the window lit and a neighbor around the corner had theirs up Sunday night lit. Not sure if theirs is still up. Nice pictures you posted!
Originally Posted by kerstig View Post
Hey You Guys: Great News from Holland

I just got 1 of the 2 exam results I was waiting for, and that one i passed I am having a very small party here on my own, I am so amazing, and glad and feeling more confident in myself! Now waiting for the other one, but if I have to retake one, that's not too bad, at least I have got 1 down

Hope you guys are glad for me as well! still keeping my fingers crossed for the other one!!
Congratulations!
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
Heading out again to practice. Was out last night with my instructor, still having some problems with backing but getting better. Backing up a large truck attached to a 53 foot trailer that wants to go the opposite way you turn is , well, hard. I am slowly getting better.

Have a fantastic day everyone!!
Good luck to you!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-11-2011), Seawaters (01-11-2011), xmas365 (01-11-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,031 Times in 446 Posts
Bullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnog
Greetings everyone! It's my first post in nearly nine months...YaY me. Nice to see everyone once again.

Oh my, she exclaims, her breath smoking the windowpane, it's fruitcake weather!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bullypup For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (01-11-2011), Bradmac (01-11-2011), caninemom3 (01-11-2011), made582 (01-11-2011), Seawaters (01-11-2011), Undrtakr (01-11-2011), xmas365 (01-11-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 07:56 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Bullypup View Post
Greetings everyone! It's my first post in nearly nine months...YaY me. Nice to see everyone once again.
Great to see you back on here, hope you had a great Christmas and Happy New Year.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:13 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 6,061 Times in 1,089 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
12 16x16

Originally Posted by Bullypup View Post
Ho ho ho! Welcome back and enjoy!
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Undrtakr For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-11-2011), Seawaters (01-11-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 08:17 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Tuesday morning, my Christmas friends!

My younger brother is having surgery today to repair his sinuses, since he has so many sinus infections. The have to break his nose & re-set it, then drill out his sinuses and take out his tonsils. Ouch! He says he's ready to get it done so he can avoid all the infections, but, WOW, that sounds painful!

I worry about him whenever he has to have medical procedures done. He's on immunosupressive drugs to prevent rejection of the kidney I gave him a few years ago. It seems like every time he goes to the doctor, he comes back sicker than when he went. All we can do is pray this helps more than it hurts, I guess.

I lighter news, I think our town beautification group has enough money to buy some year-round pole banners. Everytime we take down the Christmas banners, Main St. looks so bare. I was thinking something like, "Welcome to Historic Bellville". Or maybe some Fall banners?

I hope you all have a great day!
I will keep your brother in my thoughts today, you are right ouch!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:47 AM
Santa Beagle
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,532 Times in 394 Posts
Murphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Where do you guys go in the NC mountains? We go to Maggie Valley several times a year.
We go snow tubing the 2nd weekend in January every year at Hawksnest with all of my wifes family. There are 15-20 of us and we rent a large house for a weekend. This year a major snow storm blew in the Friday we arrived and they closed the slopes because of high wind and whiteout conditions but I brought four sleds from home and the side road in front of the house was perfect for sledding so kids (all 10 of them) had a blast.

Best of all is that all the women in the family are great cooks (one is a professional caterer) so the food if amazing. While the kids are doing their thing, the grown ups are sitting around the kitchen table or TV gaining several pounds of weight from the feasts and treats.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Murphman For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-11-2011), Seawaters (01-11-2011), xmas365 (01-11-2011)