Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2011

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,464
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The 12 (Easy) Ways of...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:52 PM
45,192 Views  0 Posts
Bells All About Stuffing
By MMC Editor
11-19-2011 10:49 PM
42,073 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Things Never to...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 03:54 PM
46,170 Views  0 Posts
December the 25th
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:23 PM
59,035 Views  0 Posts
A Parent's Night Before...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:41 PM
40,432 Views  0 Posts

Old 01-11-2011, 01:44 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 145,076 Times in 26,685 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by kerstig View Post
Hey You Guys: Great News from Holland

I just got 1 of the 2 exam results I was waiting for, and that one i passed

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Seawaters (01-11-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 01:53 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 145,076 Times in 26,685 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Afternoon Everyone!!!!! It is a cold snowy day here. We have about 5 inches so far and it is still coming down. I have been out shoveling most of the day just trying to keep things clear. I don't really have anything else planned for today. I might sneak a nap in before dinner. I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-11-2011), Seawaters (01-11-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
Hi Christmas family. I just wanted you to know that my Goblin passed away today. It turns out he had lymphoma and I didn't even get to say goodbye. Thank you for all your love and concern. Maybe I will write more later. I can't focus right now.
Lou Anne I know I told you on FaceBook but I am ver sorry for your loss =0(

Originally Posted by Snow-in-Texas View Post
Well somehow the window in our bathroom got broken, nobody knows how it happened, we don't use that bathroom that often. That's not the bad part, before anybody noticed the broken window, one of our cats got out through the broken window, and we haven't seen him since. He isn't an outdoor cat, and it was well below freezing las night, we drove around looking for him, but no luck. Now we are just hopeful that he finds his way back home. There are a lot of strays in our neighborhood too, quite a few hang out at our neighbor's house and our house, we don't think he got into a fight with any of them though. I keep looking out the window hoping to see him walking up to the house.
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
My indoor cat is missing and I am really upset. I have 2 cats and they sit at this one window in the house and watch the stray kitties outside. They jump at the window constantly trying to get to them and I am assuming they broke the window and he escaped through it. The glass fell outside so I am sure they broke it from inside. We have had freezing temperatures all night with wind chills in the single digits. He is not use to this since he has been indoors for several years. We have a serious stray dog and cat problem around here so he is mixed in with them all right now. I just hope he is ok. I didn't sleep well last night hoping he will return. This is the very first time he has escaped.

My son is worried sick. He had an assignment for school that is due today and had trouble concentrating on getting it done.

Please say a prayer for his safe return. =(

Edit: I didn't realize Wayne already posted about this. I just woke up. Last night we didn't know how it got broke but as of this morning it makes sense to me that my cats broke it.
I hope your kitty returns soon safe and sound. Please keep us updated!

There's no place like Home for the Holidays!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsChristmas For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (01-11-2011), Seawaters (01-11-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Good afternoon friends! I will be off of work in 15 minutes. We were suppose to get snow and still may get some but it has changed from 5-8 inches to 1-2 inches, now 3-5 inches. I wouldnt mind a day off of work tomorrow so please let it snow "enough"! My Christmas decorations came down this past weekend. This week is better then last but Im still longing for some Christmas. I wasnt ready for it to be over with yet. Im looking forward to starting my lists and hopefully I will start buying gifts by May. Everyone stay warm and safe!

There's no place like Home for the Holidays!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsChristmas For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (01-11-2011), caninemom3 (01-11-2011), made582 (01-11-2011), Seawaters (01-11-2011), xmas365 (01-11-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,910 Times in 1,066 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
13 16x16

Originally Posted by MsChristmas View Post
Good afternoon friends! I will be off of work in 15 minutes. We were suppose to get snow and still may get some but it has changed from 5-8 inches to 1-2 inches, now 3-5 inches. I wouldnt mind a day off of work tomorrow so please let it snow "enough"! My Christmas decorations came down this past weekend. This week is better then last but Im still longing for some Christmas. I wasnt ready for it to be over with yet. Im looking forward to starting my lists and hopefully I will start buying gifts by May. Everyone stay warm and safe!
I agree. Christmas this year went by so fast I couldn't believe it! I DID find a rogers tv/radio station playing Christmas music last night just before midnight but after that they stopped. boo! The lights are still up and on on our house. As well the neighbors are keeping theirs on too!! yay! Well back to work I go. Have a good day everyone!
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Undrtakr For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-11-2011), MsChristmas (01-11-2011), Seawaters (01-11-2011), xmas365 (01-11-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 02:48 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,448 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

My indoor cat is missing and I am really upset. I have 2 cats and they sit at this one window in the house and watch the stray kitties outside. They jump at the window constantly trying to get to them and I am assuming they broke the window and he escaped through it. The glass fell outside so I am sure they broke it from inside. We have had freezing temperatures all night with wind chills in the single digits. He is not use to this since he has been indoors for several years. We have a serious stray dog and cat problem around here so he is mixed in with them all right now. I just hope he is ok. I didn't sleep well last night hoping he will return. This is the very first time he has escaped.

My son is worried sick. He had an assignment for school that is due today and had trouble concentrating on getting it done.

Please say a prayer for his safe return. =(

Edit: I didn't realize Wayne already posted about this. I just woke up. Last night we didn't know how it got broke but as of this morning it makes sense to me that my cats broke it.
I am praying for the safe return of your baby.....xo

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Tuesday morning, my Christmas friends!

My younger brother is having surgery today to repair his sinuses, since he has so many sinus infections. The have to break his nose & re-set it, then drill out his sinuses and take out his tonsils. Ouch! He says he's ready to get it done so he can avoid all the infections, but, WOW, that sounds painful!

I worry about him whenever he has to have medical procedures done. He's on immunosupressive drugs to prevent rejection of the kidney I gave him a few years ago. It seems like every time he goes to the doctor, he comes back sicker than when he went. All we can do is pray this helps more than it hurts, I guess.

I lighter news, I think our town beautification group has enough money to buy some year-round pole banners. Everytime we take down the Christmas banners, Main St. looks so bare. I was thinking something like, "Welcome to Historic Bellville". Or maybe some Fall banners?

I hope you all have a great day!
Brad, I hope your brother is feeling better soon !! Your ideas for your town as far as the banners sounds really nice !!

Originally Posted by Bullypup View Post
Greetings everyone! It's my first post in nearly nine months...YaY me. Nice to see everyone once again.
WELCOME Back !!!! So Nice to see you !! Dont be a stranger !!

Originally Posted by shinybrite View Post
Louanne, I m very sorry to read of the passing of Goblin. I will be praying for you. Also, just to let you know, my sister who owned the family dog that we had to put asleep On dec 30. hears the dog ( louie ) every morning. Louie wore bells on her collar and my sister hears them everyday since her passing. A sure sign that our pets are still with us.
Thank you Shineybrite xo I just miss him and Punkin' so much.

Originally Posted by shinybrite View Post
OH DIDi DO IT , DID i DO IT!

YOU GO !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!
HO HO HOH OHO Merrrrry Chrisssssstmaaaaas !!
LOL !!!

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
*Sorry! Double post!
Don't worry about it Brad !!

Originally Posted by MsChristmas View Post
Lou Anne I know I told you on FaceBook but I am ver sorry for your loss =0(

I hope your kitty returns soon safe and sound. Please keep us updated!
Thank you xo. You are all so sweet. I love each and every person on here as my Christmas family xo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-11-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (01-11-2011), MsChristmas (01-11-2011), Seawaters (01-11-2011), xmas365 (01-11-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,738 Times in 4,429 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Have a great evening, everyone!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,794 Times in 9,094 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Our kitty came home! I had a feeling he might but my mind wanders in the wrong direction and I always fear the worst.

I am so happy he is here.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (01-11-2011), Bradmac (01-12-2011), caninemom3 (01-11-2011), made582 (01-11-2011), MerryCarey (01-11-2011), MsChristmas (01-11-2011), Seawaters (01-11-2011), Undrtakr (01-11-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 03:35 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,522 Times in 14,037 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Our kitty came home! I had a feeling he might but my mind wanders in the wrong direction and I always fear the worst.

I am so glad he came home!

Go Bruins!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xmas365 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2011, 03:53 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,448 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

I am so happy for you !!!!!! Thank God !!

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post: