Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Birds & Fish Dropping Dead By The Thousands All Over The World

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Developing an Attitude...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:24 PM
45,136 Views  0 Posts
My Little Lie
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:07 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-23-2013 02:24 PM
8 Posts
Kids and Santa Online
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:23 PM
48,510 Views  0 Posts
My Dog Sam
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:37 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
01-26-2014 03:12 PM
46,608 Views  1 Posts
Nobody Believes Me
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:30 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
08-30-2013 05:10 AM
55,811 Views  4 Posts

Old 01-10-2011, 10:06 AM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 545 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
star Birds & Fish Dropping Dead By The Thousands All Over The World

This really makes a person think. Here I thought it had only happened in Arkansas... It sure seems a bit frightening. This was posted on a gal's blog I follow. What are your thoughts/opinion?
I DID NOT WRITE ANY OF THIS. Just passing it along...

I know you guys have heard about this… all these dead birds falling from the sky, and decaying fish washing ashore. What the heck is going on??
Dec. 18, 2010- Philippines- Thousands of dead fish washed up. (Residents were eating the dead fish! Ended up getting sick themselves.)
Mid Dec. 2010- North Carolina- Hundreds of Pelicans wash up dead on Topsail Beach. (Originally authorities believed the deaths to be caused by purposeful malicious behavior, but have since retracted that statement.)
Mid Dec. 2010 to present- Quebec City- Over 80 dead pigeons found in one small town.
Dec. 19, 2010- Australia- Thousands of dead fish reported floating on a small lake at the Sydney Airport.
Dec 20, 2010- Haiti- Scores of dead fish found in the waters and on the shores of Lake Azuei.
Dec. 26, 2010- Arizona- 70+ bats found dead on a walking path.
Dec. 30, 2010 to present- Brazil- 100 tons of Catfish, Sardines and Croaker have washed ashore, dead.
Dec. 2010- New Zealand- Penguins and other sea birds washing up to shore dead in mass numbers. (They blame it on starvation, but a week or so later hundreds of fish wash up with their eyes missing… coincidence?)
Dec. 31, 2010- Arkansas- Five thousand Redwing Blackbirds fell from the sky dead.
Late Dec, 2010- Illinois- approx 100 birds dead in one neighborhood.
Jan. 2, 2011- Britain- 40,000 dead crabs washed up along the shores.
Jan 2, 2011- Chili- Thousands of black birds fall from the sky dead.
Jan. 3, 2011- Arkansas- 100,000 dead Drum Fish washed up along the banks of the Arkansas River.
Jan 3, 2011- Canada- 10,000s of birds found dead.
Jan. 4, 2011- Louisiana- 500 Redwing Blackbirds were found dead along a highway stretch a quarter mile long.
Jan 4, 2011- Ontario, Canada- Hundreds of dead fish washed up along the St. Claire River.
Jan. 5, 2011- Maryland- An estimated 2 million fish found dead in the Chesapeake Bay.
Jan. 5, 2011- West Sweden- Approx. 100 crows found dead on one street.
Jan. 5, 2011- New Zealand- Hundreds of Snapper Fish wash up on beaches with their eyes missing.
Jan. 5, 2011- Italy- Thousands of Turtle Doves were found dead in the streets with a blue stain on their beaks, indicating possible poisoning.
Jan 5, 2011- Texas- 200 birds found dead on a bridge.
Jan 6, 2011- South Carolina- A “seemingly never ending line of dead fish” reported to be seen along Folly Beach.
Jan 7, 2011- Tennessee- 150 Grackles found dead by the side of the road.
Incredibly, the list could go on. To read about even more occurrences, and articles detailing the above mentioned events, go here and here.
But what’s the cause? I’ve heard so many different theories (a lot of them insultingly ridiculous, and a few I can actually believe): climate change, starvation, UFO’s, bird flu, cold water, warm water, tides changing, poisoning, fireworks, pollution, government weapons experiments, effects from the gulf oil spill, chemtrails, hit by cars, the New Madrid Seismic Zone, Armageddon…
Oh, and my favorite: “(the birds) were probably asleep in a single tree when a washing machine-type thunderstorm sucked them up into the air, disoriented them, and even fatally soaked and chilled them.”
Seriously??
I don’t know. But whatever it is it’s scary. Should we be worried? Is this a “canary in the mines” scenario?
Personally, I can’t reconcile in my own mind that these are all simply natural occurrences, or coincidence.
What I’m wondering is, how long until we the people are next?

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JanaBanana For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-12-2011), Christmasstar (01-18-2011)
Old 01-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 18,957 Times in 3,064 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
yup this is wierd.It's happening everywhere,I'm not too worried yet but I do wonder what is going on!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

reindeerelf has disabled reputation
santahat

According to the following AP article this is not unusual. People were just not aware of events happening around the globe until the internet and cell phones made instant communication possible.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...14e0644cda18a6
Bradmac (01-10-2011), caninemom3 (01-13-2011), gabulldawg (01-10-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,291 Times in 608 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
ufo

Aliens.... they are on the prowl....
Old 01-11-2011, 09:52 AM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 545 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Haha very funny Rod. =/

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
The Following User Says Thank You to JanaBanana For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (01-13-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 01:29 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,890 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Clearly, this is Sarah Palin's fault. And if that can't be proven, it is George Bush's fault.

Actually, I'm a conspiracy theorist and my take leans more towards a coordinate media blitz by global warming alarmists who have lost a lot of ground over the past year or two. They need something to jump start the campaign and this is it.

Take the recent (today or yesterday) die off of shad in Chicago. The media is making hay with what a "big" story it is of the "mysterious" die off. The truth is, these fish are not natural to those waters and it has been bitter cold early. Ice fisherman in the midwest will tell you that every year they see this with fish of this type that more frequently thrive in more southern waters. Nothing unusual, nothing sinister.

The big question more folks need to ask is why only certain species of birds or fish are experiencing mass deaths. Red-winged black birds, for example, in Louisiana was recently found dead by the hundreds due to "impact" damage. The theory was forwarded by "experts" that they flew into buildings and basically killed themselves in reaction to fireworks going off on New Year's Eve. Ok, weird, but ok. Why only red-winged black birds? Are they the only fowl afraid of fireworks?

Mass deaths happen frequently and there are usually environmental reasons for it, both natural and unnatural, I suppose.

But I'm not buying the whole argument that something nefarious is going on other than the media going crazy with all these stories. That one at least makes some sense to me.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
Annette1990 (01-18-2011), Bradmac (01-12-2011), ClaireLovesChristmas (01-12-2011), George Broderick, Jr. (01-12-2011), made582 (01-11-2011), yolie8174 (01-11-2011)
Old 01-12-2011, 03:06 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
I've not heard about this Jana. My guess is it's Environmental. Plus the weather has been odd lately. But you'll never know I suppose, The Mayans believed the world will end on Dec 21 2012...so maybe we're on the verge of Armageddon?? LOL
Old 01-12-2011, 03:26 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
http://www.suite101.com/content/eart...ie-off-a328353
Old 01-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,555 Times in 3,707 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by kelly ann View Post
...The Mayans believed the world will end on Dec 21 2012...
Yes, but the Mayans didn't have Christmas or else they might have waited another four or five days to end everything...
ballcoach (01-13-2011), caninemom3 (01-12-2011), Maureen (01-13-2011), xmas365 (01-12-2011), YellowSnow (01-13-2011)
Old 01-12-2011, 11:22 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
Psalms 91 is what I'm claiming!

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch