Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Holidays Year Round » What's your favorite "second shelf" holiday?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Holidays Year Round All other major holidays are discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,846
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 02-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Christmasologist

Blue Christmas is a good elfBlue Christmas is a good elfBlue Christmas is a good elfBlue Christmas is a good elfBlue Christmas is a good elfBlue Christmas is a good elfBlue Christmas is a good elfBlue Christmas is a good elf
My favorite third shelf holiday has to be National Hot Fudge Sundae day - July 25th... Will anyone else be celebrating with me?
ChristmasAddict (01-10-2012), whitney37354 (02-16-2011)

Old 02-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,169 Times in 4,629 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by gabulldawg View Post
I would say Labor day at the first of sept. I always grill out,its like the final farewell to summer(although where I live it is still hot through the end of sept!) I always have friends over and sometimes i even go to the beach or an area lake to water ski.
I like Labor Day, too. We grill, go fishing, and dove season always starts on Labor Day weekend!
gabulldawg (02-15-2011)
Old 02-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,169 Times in 4,629 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Blue Christmas View Post
My favorite third shelf holiday has to be National Hot Fudge Sundae day - July 25th... Will anyone else be celebrating with me?
Shouldn't Hot Fudge Sundae Day be on July 24th?

gabulldawg (02-15-2011)
Old 02-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 74,714 Times in 14,910 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
How about Weasel Stomping Day? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te164c4J3z4

hmm, maybe not
Old 02-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,932 Times in 922 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
I guess mine would be Thanksgiving because it's a great day of tradition and family. I also like that the excitement is in the air for Christmas right along with the aroma of roasting turkey and all the trimmings! Usually the Christmas programming begins as of that day as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (03-07-2011)
Old 02-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,932 Times in 922 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by Blue Christmas View Post
Oh boy, never heard of this holiday, but count me in!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:59 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,818 Times in 3,859 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
November 15th... my birthday... Huh? Whatta ya mean it's not a national holiday..?
Old 02-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,020 Times in 444 Posts
Bullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnog
4th of July without a doubt. I just combine it with Canada Day and have one big and long celebration.

Oh my, she exclaims, her breath smoking the windowpane, it's fruitcake weather!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullypup For This Useful Post:
whitney37354 (02-22-2011)
Old 03-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

ScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elf
Last Thursday in April

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Its hard for me to decide.. I am torn between Easter and Thanksgiving. Both because I get to spend them with Family. I have 2 little Boys so all of the Holidays are so much fun around our house . Easter also because after a long winter its a sign of warmer weather and Thanksgiving since its a sign that Christmas is right around the corner!