Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » The Little Golden Books

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,232
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 02-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 53,991 Times in 9,777 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I guess I have taken these books for granted. I have here for my grandkids, Little Golden Book of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer that we bought at a thrift store for 33 cents. I grew up on these books as well. I hope you get all the books you are looking for!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (04-09-2014)

Old 02-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

jimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
candle

I'm sure we had a lot of Little Golden Books around the house, but three stand out. I guess it's no surprise they were related to Christmas.

A couple people have already mentioned Rudolph. I'll add my vote to theirs.

I'll also add Frosty the Snowman to the list.

And then, my favorite: The Night Before Christmas.

Naturally, I had to find them for my own children and pass the tradition on.

It may not seem like a big deal, those books. They were to me. They created my first impressions of the characters within. For me, my go-to image of Santa is a large man standing by a fireplace with an amazed dad in a nightcap looking on. Love that.

And I can see the frost on the snow as it glitters in moonlight, with a sleigh and reindeer overhead.

The images were bright and well made and, I believe, crafted with love. Maybe that's why they've stayed with me.

Good call on finding these books for your daughter. Likely, you'll wear them out.

Enjoy every word, and every minute. It goes by fast...

When they get older, you might look for some vintage Big Little books as well. We had a lot of those with Disney characters. Went on some wonderful adventures with that crew...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmyolsen For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (04-09-2014), whitney37354 (02-23-2011)
Old 02-25-2011, 12:42 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 48,015 Times in 7,729 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I never had Little Golden Books when I was growing up - as soon as started to learn to read, my sister made me read the Mother West Wind book series by Thorton Burgess - they were about animals. I still love those books, but they are hard to find now.

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
The Following User Says Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (04-09-2014)
Old 02-25-2011, 01:19 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,941 Times in 3,823 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
those books sound lovely as well

I am really gratefull to my friend Laura who is married to an American....so she can go shopping in the PX and brought two of those books for Kandice 2nd b-day.....without that...I would have never known anything bout the lil golden books.

Kandice really likes them....yesterday we went for a ride to a mall about 30minutes away and she took 6 golden books with her to look through them

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (04-09-2014)