Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Candygold Affordable Homemade...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:33 PM
51,482 Views  0 Posts
The Santa Clause 2...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:11 PM
0 Posts
Gift 2 The Christmas Truce
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 02:24 PM
48,091 Views  0 Posts
The Legendary Role of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:17 PM
53,135 Views  0 Posts
Anna Claus
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:15 PM
76,239 Views  0 Posts

Old 04-11-2011, 09:18 AM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,148 Times in 815 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Training a Puppy.

I'm having alot of Problems with training my Puppy,Beignet.He's 11 months and he still Pee's and Poop's everywhere.

I have a crate to put him in when I leave but he barks so much he drools,and Im affraid he'll get dehydrated while im out.I have puppy pads for when I'am out or when we are asleep.I take him for walks everyday.I even made a strip of ribbon with bells on it so he can "ring" it when he needs to go.(Its not working)I hope I didnt confuse him with the pads.

I've been told citrus fruits help ward off scents after they've done their business someplace,its not working.he hates onions,so I actually rubbed onions on my floor.still didnt work.I am at my wits end.I was told those doggy belts work.anyone have any advice as to how to get him from using the bathroom everywhere?

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 04-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,595 Times in 4,412 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Mumof2 View Post
I'm having alot of Problems with training my Puppy,Beignet.He's 11 months and he still Pee's and Poop's everywhere.

I have a crate to put him in when I leave but he barks so much he drools,and Im affraid he'll get dehydrated while im out.I have puppy pads for when I'am out or when we are asleep.I take him for walks everyday.I even made a strip of ribbon with bells on it so he can "ring" it when he needs to go.(Its not working)I hope I didnt confuse him with the pads.

I've been told citrus fruits help ward off scents after they've done their business someplace,its not working.he hates onions,so I actually rubbed onions on my floor.still didnt work.I am at my wits end.I was told those doggy belts work.anyone have any advice as to how to get him from using the bathroom everywhere?
We finally broke our daughter's puppy, but it was a lot of work. We had to just stay on top of it as much as possible. When she starts sniffing, grab her up and run outside. When she does her business inside, tell her NO! and put her in the crate for a while.

We were almost at wits end when she finally caught on. Now she almost never slips up. When she does, it's normally our fault for not taking her out often enough.

Good luck!
Mumof2 (04-11-2011)
Old 04-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Had enough snow, thanks.
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,741 Times in 1,081 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
Have you tried some of the "No Dog" sprays sold at the pet stores? You spray it on the area that your dog is attracted to, and it's supposed to discourage them. Also, I would try some of the cleaning products found in the pet store that are specifically made to remove urine scent. It may smell clean to a human, but a dog can still smell the urine scent in the area and thinks he is supposed to go there.

Otherwise, I have had a couple of dogs that took quite a while to catch on to house training. They did eventually 'get it', and after that they were the cleanest dogs we owned. Good luck with your pup!
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
Mumof2 (04-11-2011)
Old 04-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

reindeerelf has disabled reputation
santahat

To get the scent out of our carpets we use white vinegar. We use a spray bottle and squirt it liberally on the effected area then blot it with lots of paper towels. It appears to work with our dogs and they are foxhounds with a good sense of smell.
Mumof2 (04-12-2011)
Old 04-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,467 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Try limiting the time the water and food bowls are down on the floor. Our dogs are feed once day in the evening and we do not keep water in the house.
If you are going to be out of the house, remove the food/water bowls 30 minutes before leaving and take the dog outside right before you leave. That was the suggestion given to us by our vets years ago and it helped a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
Mumof2 (04-12-2011)
Old 04-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,402 Times in 1,734 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Sorry - got to step in here wearing my "I moderate on a dog forum" hat!!

You must NEVER, never, n e v e r, never use the dog's crate as a punishment. It should be their own little hideout, a den, somewhere they can think of as their own that they're happy in. You'll never get them to go in happily if they associate it with something negative. Unlike children, dogs do not understand the concept of a naughty step, or naughty crate - they just know you're mad at them and now they're stuck in there!

There should always be fresh water on available - by all means lift the food but he should always have water there

How long do you leave him when you're out?

He will now be used to going wherever he wants whenever he wants, so you have to pretend he is an 8 week old puppy and go back to basics. Praise in the right place (outside) and ignore when he has an accident, unless you can stop him midflow and take him outside and if he does it there, tell him what a clever boy he is.

If he does not perform when you take him out, do not say anything.

Mistakes will happen - just use lots of praise when he performs in the right place and ignore the mistakes. When you take him out for walks and he does wees or poos, then say the name you are using for those and tell him he is a clever boy - if the person you got him from used words to describe those when they had him out, you should use the same words - did you ask them what words they used, if any?

Anyway, good luck with the house training and let us know how you get on.

PS
Soak accident areas with soda water and leave to dry - removes stain and smell, also useful for adding to whiskey!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:49 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,148 Times in 815 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Maureen,
I try to keep it at 2 hrs the most.Like I said he drools so much.I dont want to leave him any longer.I use the crate when Im out,cooking dinner,and just to get him used to it,not to punish him.He always has fresh cold water.I do take his bowl away when he's done eating.I have hardwood floors,so im always washing them.
I used a floor cleaner,I have tried those no-mark items and they don't work.I just keep taking him out.tell him he's a good boy when he uses the bathroom outside and tell him no when he uses it inside,clean it up right away and leave it at that.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria