Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > TV » QVC CIJ preview

My Merry Christmas Announcement

TV For any child of the 1960s (and later) Christmas just wouldn't be the same without television. Talk Christmas on the tube here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,132
Threads: 54,248
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, elf princess

Old 05-17-2011, 11:26 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 164,420 Times in 31,385 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
QVC CIJ preview

Okay here are some rumored new products for CIJ this year. I found these on the QVC forums. I was just going to post a link to the thread over there but there seems to be alot of christmas in july haters on the QVC forums. So I thought I would save you all the drama.

Temp-tations Penguin Figural Salt & Pepper Set with Tray
Temp-tations Snowflake 3-piece Convertible Serving Set
Candle Impressions 5" Holiday Candy Flameless Candle w/ Timer
Candle Impressions Holiday Hurricane w/4" Slim FlamelessCandle
Bethlehem Lights Battery Op. 5' Fall Floral Garland w/Timer
CandleImpressions Rustic Birdcage w/ Flameless Candle w/ Timer
CandleImpressions Christmas Stocking Holders w/FlamelessVotive
Candle Impressions Carved Animal Flameless Candle w/ Timer
BethlehemLights Battery Operated Flocked Berry Branches
BethlehemLights Battery Op. Iced Branches with Timer
BethlehemLights Battery Op. Metallic EucalyptusBranches
BethlehemLights Battery Op. Whispy Glitter Branches
BethlehemLights Battery Op. 48" Whispy Brancheswith Timer
Candle Impressions Mirrored Sconce w/Flameless Votive Candle
Candle Impressions 7" Carved Peacock Flameless Candle w/Timer
Candle Impressions 6" Carved Metallic SnowflakeFlameless
BethlehemLights 15" Lantern w/FlamelessCandle &Holiday Greens
Candle Impressions Tabletop Armchair with 4" FlamelessCandle
Set of 2 10" Skinny Lit Holiday Bubble Candles by Valerie
Mosaic Angel Nightlight by Valerie
9-piece Flameless Glitter Village with Timer by Valerie
Set of 3 Battery Operated Gingerbread Houses by Valerie
Set of 2 10" Peppermint Twist Trees by Valerie
2-piece Sparkle Reindeer with Garland by Valerie
4' Lit Beaded Garland with Teardrop Accents w/ Timer byValerie
2-piece Fabric Gingerbread Mom and Dad by Valerie
Candle Impressions S/2 4" Melted Top Flameless Candles w/Timer
Bethlehem Lights Batt.Op. Harvest FlockedTable Runner w/Timer
BethlehemLights Batt.Op. Mr.orMrs. Tall FlockedSnow People
Bethlehem Lights Batt.Op. 5-Piece Indian Corn Cluster w/Timer
Sugar Mama Adult Apron by Valerie
Sugar Cookie Children's Apron by Valerie
24" Lit Holly Berry Wreath with Frosted Leaves by Valerie
72" Plaid Jingle Bell Table Runner by Valerie
Bethlehem Lights Batt.Op. Glitter Water Globe with Timer
Bethlehem Lights Batt. Op. Snowman w/Lit DangleLegs and Timer
CandleImpressions Carved Wall Sconce with FlamelessCandle
Candle Impressions S/2 9" Flameless Taper Candles w/Timer
BethlehemLights Batt.Op.17"SleighBell Pillar w/FlamelessCandle
Bethlehem Lights Battery Op.Double Ball GlitterGlobe w/Timer
Bethlehem Lights Batt.Op. 16"Snowflake,Star or Heart w/ Timer
Candle Impressions Leaf & Berry Stand w/3 FlameCandles w/Timer
16" Winter Angel Tree Topper by Valerie
7.5' Lit Frosted Tree with Revolving Tree Standby Valerie
Meilo Creation 12" Battery Operated LED Ribbon Bow with Timer
Meilo Creations Set of 2 9" LED Ribbons with Timer
Adjustable Kids Santa Apron with Faux Fur Trim by Valerie
Home Reflections Floral Luminary w/Flameless Candle w/Timer
Candle Impressions Peace Flameless VotiveCandleHolder w/Timer
Candle Impressions Joy Flameless Votive Candle Holder w/Timer
Linda Dano 16" Angel
Linda Dano Set of 4 Sheep Ornaments
Linda Dano 18" Old World Santa
Bethlehem Lights Battery Op. Bittersweet Table Runner w/ Timer
Candle Impressions S/3 Glittered Angel Candles with Timer

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Adam (05-17-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (05-17-2011), girlyfied (05-26-2011), happyelf (05-27-2011), Jeff Westover (05-17-2011), judesmama (05-17-2011), momnan30 (05-26-2011), MsChristmas (05-27-2011), Mumof2 (06-16-2011), Rob (05-26-2011), xmas365 (05-17-2011)

Old 05-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 54,084 Times in 9,793 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
You rock!

Hard to believe people are so addicted to shopping on QVC that they get that upset about one weekend of Christmas In July sales!

QVC makes a killing during that time.

No haters here!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
happyelf (05-18-2011), made582 (05-17-2011), Rob (05-26-2011), whitney37354 (05-18-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 01:32 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 164,420 Times in 31,385 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
The original poster even put in the title that this post is about Christmas in July so don't read it if you don't like CIJ. That didn't keep people from opening it up and then criticizing the posters for talking about Christmas in may.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
happyelf (05-27-2011), Rob (05-26-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
The original poster even put in the title that this post is about Christmas in July so don't read it if you don't like CIJ. That didn't keep people from opening it up and then criticizing the posters for talking about Christmas in may.
You know, im not sure what that's about. It happens every year, you would think they would get used to it by now! I don't know why people feel the need to spread negativity, either online or off. QVC does make a killing, but you know what, I never buy anything. I just love to see the pretty stuff they are selling, see the trees, listen to the xmas music in the background. I know some people get upset about anything having to do with the holidays before the actual holidays. Well, I have issues with them feeling that way. I don't know, I don't get it....as they prob don't get why we like Christmas the way that we do. *Shrug* I say to each their own, leave people to be happy. I think its perfectly normal to gravitate to what makes you happy.

Thanks for posting this, looking forward to seeing some of the items.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
happyelf (05-27-2011), judesmama (05-17-2011), made582 (05-17-2011), Rob (05-26-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 01:56 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,101 Times in 2,454 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
I get a steady stream of email from people who tell me we are ridiculous for celebrating Chrsitmas year round here on MMC. It is hilarious. Some even join the site, get the newsletters and then COMPLAIN when the get a "Christmas" newsletter in June.

People are amazing.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
Adam (05-17-2011), happyelf (05-27-2011), made582 (05-17-2011), MrsEd (05-20-2011), MsChristmas (05-27-2011), whitney37354 (05-18-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 54,084 Times in 9,793 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
I get a steady stream of email from people who tell me we are ridiculous for celebrating Chrsitmas year round here on MMC. It is hilarious. Some even join the site, get the newsletters and then COMPLAIN when the get a "Christmas" newsletter in June.

People are amazing.
That is so funny! If it bothers people so much about year round Christmas cheer, then I have one suggestion. DON'T COME TO THIS WEBSITE!

You would think celebrating Christmas is an illegal activity. It was at one time but how many hundreds of years ago was that? Christmas was WAY different then! (That's a whole other subject)

Anyway, I can't wait for QVC Christmas in July!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
happyelf (05-27-2011), made582 (05-17-2011), Rob (05-26-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 02:51 PM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,974 Times in 1,659 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by rockchild View Post
You know, im not sure what that's about. It happens every year, you would think they would get used to it by now! I don't know why people feel the need to spread negativity, either online or off. QVC does make a killing, but you know what, I never buy anything. I just love to see the pretty stuff they are selling, see the trees, listen to the xmas music in the background. I know some people get upset about anything having to do with the holidays before the actual holidays. Well, I have issues with them feeling that way. I don't know, I don't get it....as they prob don't get why we like Christmas the way that we do. *Shrug* I say to each their own, leave people to be happy. I think its perfectly normal to gravitate to what makes you happy.

Thanks for posting this, looking forward to seeing some of the items.
It is so bizarre to me when people have such hatred for CHRISTMAS of all things, but I guess I'm biased! If these folks aren't fans of CIJ - here's a thought - TURN OFF THE DARN TV!

CIJ has been a favorite of mine since I was young! My mom and neighbor always watched CIJ with us kids and it was such a joyful, fun time.

Thanks for the info, Made!! Looking forward to it, even though I never buy anything!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to judesmama For This Useful Post:
Adam (05-17-2011), happyelf (05-27-2011), made582 (05-17-2011), Rob (05-26-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 02:56 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,101 Times in 2,454 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
I guarantee more people watch CIJ than will admit to it. And I also guarantee that QVC does it because it gives them a profit center in their deadest part of the year. July is a dismal time for anyone selling just about anything except for hotel space, suntan oil and ice.

CIJ is for everyone else sitting in their underwear watching TV to get out of the heat.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
Adam (05-17-2011), happyelf (05-27-2011), judesmama (05-17-2011), made582 (05-17-2011), Rob (05-26-2011), whitney37354 (05-18-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
I guarantee more people watch CIJ than will admit to it. And I also guarantee that QVC does it because it gives them a profit center in their deadest part of the year. July is a dismal time for anyone selling just about anything except for hotel space, suntan oil and ice.

CIJ is for everyone else sitting in their underwear watching TV to get out of the heat.
Hahahahhah Jeff!! Totally true!!!!!

Wow, really, we get antiChristmas mail? You should post them so we can snicker at them. LOL People have nothing better to do but to email negativity because they think their opinions on everything should be heard. *shakes head* Then, if you turn around and criticise them back in a similar manner, they don't like it and don't see it as the same thing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (05-18-2011), happyelf (05-27-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 05:35 PM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,974 Times in 1,659 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen

I like to crank up the a/c so high during CIJ that I need to wear a sweater! (I swear you won't see me in my undies... don't think my kids would be too crazy about that! ha!)