Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Holiday Health, Fitness & Nutrition > Healthy Eating » Health Benefits of Christmas Foods and Spices

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 53,980
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,477)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 06-06-2011, 04:41 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by momnan30 View Post
Big believer in the power of cinnamon to control blood sugar roller coaster- thanks, Rob!
Same here! I added cinnamon with white willow bark to accompany the few pills I take daily to control my Type II diabetes. My AIC tests are back in the normal range and my doctor is impressed. One more average to low test and we'll be able to start reducing the pills.

Sure I've been working out and eating smaller portions of food, but I attribute a great deal of it to the cinnamon bark.

Mrs. Claus put cinnamon chai tea in my stocking in December. I drink it plain and it tastes good.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AuntieMistletoeDear For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-06-2011), Rob (06-06-2011), snowflake22 (05-25-2014)

Old 06-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,957 Times in 927 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by AuntieMistletoeDear View Post
Same here! I added cinnamon with white willow bark to accompany the few pills I take daily to control my Type II diabetes. My AIC tests are back in the normal range and my doctor is impressed. One more average to low test and we'll be able to start reducing the pills.

Sure I've been working out and eating smaller portions of food, but I attribute a great deal of it to the cinnamon bark.

Mrs. Claus put cinnamon chai tea in my stocking in December. I drink it plain and it tastes good.
@AuntiMistletoeDear:
Oh great news on those test results...keep up the good work, it's so important for a long, long life and many more happy holidays down the road. Thanks for sharing with all of us!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post:
AuntieMistletoeDear (06-06-2011), Christmasstar (07-06-2011), snowflake22 (05-25-2014)
Old 06-06-2011, 06:54 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
My doctor said if he had more patients like me, he wouldn't have as many patients. He's impressed that I stuck with my detertimination after all this time. He thought initially it was because I was afraid I would go on needles that I was being careful about what I ate, he thought I'd slip after a year. I adapted because I have grandchildren I want to watch get married and I'll become a greatgrandma and have more energy, etc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AuntieMistletoeDear For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-06-2011), snowflake22 (05-25-2014)
Old 06-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,957 Times in 927 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by AuntieMistletoeDear View Post
My doctor said if he had more patients like me, he wouldn't have as many patients. He's impressed that I stuck with my detertimination after all this time. He thought initially it was because I was afraid I would go on needles that I was being careful about what I ate, he thought I'd slip after a year. I adapted because I have grandchildren I want to watch get married and I'll become a greatgrandma and have more energy, etc.
Amen, friend, amen!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-06-2011), Rob (06-06-2011), snowflake22 (05-25-2014)
Old 06-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Rob is a good elfRob is a good elfRob is a good elfRob is a good elfRob is a good elfRob is a good elf
santahat Peppermint

Peppermint, that red and white treat is not only yummy at Christmas, but also comes with a bit of health benefits.

The mints have a long history, dating back to Greek mythology.

Dried peppermint leaves have been found in Egyptian pyramids
dating back to 1,000 BC

Mints are typically used the following:

Relieves symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
Inhibits the growth of bacteria and fungus
Relieves the symptoms of allergies and asthma
Sooths the digestive tract
Peppermint tea is also great for upset stomach.
You can chew a few leaves of fresh mint , make a tea from the leaves
Alternatively, purchase mint tea bags. Steep in boiling water 3 or 4 minutes sweeten if desired.

My Christmas Friend
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (07-07-2011), Christmasstar (07-06-2011), snowflake22 (05-25-2014)
Old 07-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,662 Times in 13,346 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I love all of these spices and I knew about the benefits of cinnamon, but not the others. Thanks, I will use them even more now!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Rob (07-06-2011), snowflake22 (05-25-2014)