Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Do you do Christmas in the summer?

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,468
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas During the...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:32 PM
Last post by Isabella Euwins
08-03-2011 09:03 AM
63,127 Views  1 Posts
The Legends of Nature at...
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:54 PM
46,267 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2002
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 10:57 PM
35,701 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas When Life...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:23 PM
44,720 Views  0 Posts
A Forgotten Classic:...
By MerryCarey
07-26-2011 08:06 AM
Last post by MerryBells
07-31-2011 06:14 PM
2 Posts
View Poll Results: How do you do Christmas during the summer?
I'm nuts. We have the tree up, we sing carols, drink eggnog and hang stockings. 5 11.11%
My lights are still on! 1 2.22%
I'll watch a few movies, maybe listen to a little Christmas music. 39 86.67%
Nothing. I wait until it is a more appropriate time. 1 2.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Merry Fourms Member
Last Achievements

jack frost has shown a merry disposition
santahat

why wait anytime is good time to watch christmas movies. today i watch santa clause 1 & 2 while working in my back room
The Following User Says Thank You to jack frost For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (06-13-2011)
Old 06-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I an trying to be abstinent in Springtime. But by June I can no longer stand without..
happyelf (06-24-2011), MsChristmas (06-13-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,291 Times in 608 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
=)

Rock On!

Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
LOVE IT!!!!

i'm piching your idea as i know you won't mind, my christmas friend.

one saturday or sunday in july, i'm sending my daughter to my mum's for the day, sending hubby to the pub for a few pints and i am watching the christmas movies that are going to be on movies 24 in july. i'll be sipping my coffee from my christmas mug and eating the christmas cakes that i will have baked...
Old 06-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Had enough snow, thanks.
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,762 Times in 1,085 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
Can I change my answer on the poll? My husband just went onto graveyard shift, and there WILL be more Christmas in the summer starting today!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
happyelf (06-24-2011), jayden28 (06-11-2011), MsChristmas (06-13-2011)
Old 06-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,071 Times in 657 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
I usually leave here the day after Christmas, go into hibernation, and try to start coming around here more often around August/September. For me to be here in June (like lately) is rare, but I've been restless and have been popping in here and there. I watch Christmas movies off and on all year round, and Christmas tunes start coming out in late August.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Courtney For This Useful Post:
happyelf (06-24-2011), jayden28 (06-24-2011), XmasDreams (06-10-2011)
Old 06-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,100 Times in 411 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
maybe the odd movie for me during summer time,its abit hard to get in the mood when its warm and bright outside.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:18 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,763 Times in 1,181 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
I like going to Hallmark and seeing their Christmas in July stuff, that's when they bring out the new ornaments for that year. I don't like watching Christmas movies year round, because I feel that takes away from the special feel you get watching them during the season. That's just the way I am.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
The Following User Says Thank You to Snow-in-Texas For This Useful Post:
jayden28 (06-12-2011)
Old 06-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Merry Fourms Member
Last Achievements

jack frost has shown a merry disposition
christmas in june - starting early

It feels like christmas. just download 150 new christmas song in my mp3. along with my oldies and goodies. why wait until december. cant wait until july to have a pre-christmas dinner. then sit back and put some christmas movies on and relax for the weekend. i start getting my 3year old into the pre- holiday funget him a couple of gift and wrap them up. he love to tear the christmas paper off.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jack frost For This Useful Post:
happyelf (06-24-2011), MsChristmas (06-21-2011)
Old 06-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Merry Forums Newbie

lance_steven has shown a merry disposition
I listen to Christmas music year round. All my friends call me crazy but I don't care it's great music. A few days ago I watch "The Homecoming:A Christmas Story", never seen it before I thought it was pretty good.
The Following User Says Thank You to lance_steven For This Useful Post:
happyelf (06-24-2011)
Old 06-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Merry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
santahat

I like to do Christmas in July. You don't see it at all here in England (they aren't terribly merry over here at the best of times, poor creatures), so I do my best to educate the masses. Yes, I probably sound like a fruitcake but there you go eh.