Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,839
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 07-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Rob is a good elfRob is a good elfRob is a good elfRob is a good elfRob is a good elfRob is a good elf
santahat Health Benefits of Walnuts

Walnuts are the king of nuts so says researchers at the University of Scranton. The nut hails above peanuts, almonds, pecans, pistachios and other nuts. A handful supplies twice the
antioxidants, as its rivals. Due to the strength of evidence supporting cardiovascular health, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved a qualified health claim for walnuts in March 2004

A study published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition2 found that walnuts, known for their high content of polyunsaturated fat (13g), significantly improve metabolic factors in overweight individuals with type 2 diabetes.

A study published in Nutrition and Cancer1, investigated whether consumption of walnuts could affect growth of human breast cancer tumors implanted into mice.
The animal study included 40 mice with human breast cancer tumors, which were divided into two groups. One group was fed ground walnuts daily (18 percent of caloric intake) in the amount equivalent to one ounce or 1/4 cup for humans, per day.
After 35 days, the breast cancer tumors of the walnut fed mice were significantly less) about half the size of the tumors than in the mice that were not fed walnuts.
Although having a slight bitter taste, walnuts offer a powerhouse of great health benefits.

My Christmas Friend
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:
frostyman (07-14-2011), snowflake22 (05-20-2014), xmastidings (01-23-2013)
Old 04-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 51,970 Times in 9,432 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I eat a handful of walnuts per day. I take a little bit of dark chocolate, melt it and drizzle over the walnuts. Dark chocolate has some health benefits too! Tasty and healthy snack.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (05-20-2014), xmastidings (01-23-2013)
Old 01-23-2013, 07:47 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 50,395 Times in 8,240 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I eat a handful of walnuts per day. I take a little bit of dark chocolate, melt it and drizzle over the walnuts. Dark chocolate has some health benefits too! Tasty and healthy snack.
Sounds so good! I also eat a handful of walnuts per day. And almonds. Love them both.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HomemakinGirl For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (05-20-2014), xmastidings (01-23-2013)
Old 01-23-2013, 08:08 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,730 Times in 2,167 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
I have a handful of walnuts, blueberries and craisins everyday at work in my oatmeal (whole oats)!

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following User Says Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (05-20-2014)