Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » TV Christmas Movies

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Tradition of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 05:47 PM
62,601 Views  0 Posts
Counter Point: Why There...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:38 PM
43,475 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Christmas During the...
By Meceka
08-12-2011 05:57 PM
Last post by thumbie123
03-03-2013 09:21 AM
4 Posts
Dear Santa: Say a Prayer
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:37 PM
Last post by Christmasstar
07-11-2011 05:27 PM
1 Posts
The Angel or the Star?
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:45 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-18-2013 01:57 PM
50,040 Views  1 Posts

Old 07-13-2011, 09:06 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,514 Times in 13,908 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
candle TV Christmas Movies

I love most of the mainstream Christmas movies, but every year I am glued to the TV for theirs...Do you guys have any favorite made for TV Christmas Movies? I enjoy just about all of them, pretty hard to find one I don't!
Some of my favorites are A Season For Miracles, The Christmas Shoes, and The Christmas Card.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:04 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,617 Times in 578 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
I got into The Good Witch movies last year. MIL, DD, & I watch part of The Good Witch on July 4th. I'd love to run across the Christmas one again. It was supposed to be on in the spring, according to the tv guide, but it ended up being the original.

A Christmas to Remember: with Randy Travis & Connie Selleca; she is a single mom with a daughter, moving back to her small hometown. There is a runaway boy, & Travis is her former fiance. I've watched it a few times & have it recorded.

Last edited by whitney37354; 07-15-2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: typos; remembered name of movie, etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whitney37354 For This Useful Post:
Pam (07-20-2011), snowflake22 (07-15-2011)
Old 07-14-2011, 07:42 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,561 Times in 3,709 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Hallmark Christmas movies produced by Larry Levinson... the sappier, the better..!
made582 (07-14-2011), Meceka (07-16-2011), snowflake22 (07-15-2011)
Old 07-14-2011, 10:49 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Gift 2

Originally Posted by whitney37354 View Post
I got into The Good Witch movies last year. MIL, DD, & I watch part of The Good Witch on July 4th. I'd love to run across the Christmas one again. It was supposed to be on in the spring, according to the tv guide, but it ended up being the original.

There's one with Randy Travis & Connie Selleca (I think). She is a single mom with a daughter, moving back to her small hometown. There is a runaway body, & Travis is her high school love. I've watched it a few times & have it recorded.
I love the Good Witch series! Catherine Bell plays her character so well. Their town is so quaint & beautiful, too -I would love to live there.
I caught part of the Connie Seleca movie half way through on Encore a few months ago, and went to program my DVR for the next time it was running, and it wasn't scheduled...I'll have to catch it again- hopefully they will run it over the X-Mas season

Originally Posted by George Broderick, Jr. View Post
Hallmark Christmas movies produced by Larry Levinson... the sappier, the better..!
I agree, George! Sappier is better
Larry Levinson does it all so well. I love his mystery movies, too!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,489 Times in 9,045 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
My favorite version of, A Christmas Carol, with Patrick Stewart is a made for tv movie.

I also love, Silent Night. Fact-based World War II story set on Christmas Eve, 1944, finds a German Mother and her son seeking refuge in a cabin on the war front. When she is invaded by three American soldiers and then three German soldiers, she successfully convinces the soldiers to put aside their differences for one evening and share a Christmas dinner.

I bought the dvd of both of these movies.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
made582 (07-15-2011), snowflake22 (07-15-2011)
Old 07-15-2011, 06:10 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

present

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
My favorite version of, A Christmas Carol, with Patrick Stewart is a made for tv movie.

I also love, Silent Night. Fact-based World War II story set on Christmas Eve, 1944, finds a German Mother and her son seeking refuge in a cabin on the war front. When she is invaded by three American soldiers and then three German soldiers, she successfully convinces the soldiers to put aside their differences for one evening and share a Christmas dinner.

I bought the dvd of both of these movies.
Thst is a great version of A Christmas Carol. I was raised watching the Albert Finney one, every Christmas day of my childhood. I still try to as an adult!

And Silent Night is beautiful, too. Saw that in it's entirety for the first time last year.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post

And Silent Night is beautiful, too. Saw that in it's entirety for the first time last year.
*Spoiler* Do not read if you do not want to know details of the movie, Silent Night.

For you Snowflake, whoever else has seen it, or you don't mind reading this without seeing the movie first. =)

I love how they share a beautiful Christmas Eve together by just throwing together food rations for their dinner. I also think it's amazing how the simplest gifts exchanged with each other put a big smile on their faces. To imagine the mother being so pleased with a bar of soap and the 2 young boys thrilled to receive a chocolate bar. It goes to show that Christmas has nothing to do with having money, the finest foods and elaborate gifts but being blessed to be together and sharing the Christmas spirit.

That movie really moves me!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (07-15-2011), whitney37354 (07-15-2011)
Old 07-15-2011, 10:40 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Xtree1

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
*Spoiler* Do not read if you do not want to know details of the movie, Silent Night.

For you Snowflake, whoever else has seen it, or you don't mind reading this without seeing the movie first. =)

I love how they share a beautiful Christmas Eve together by just throwing together food rations for their dinner. I also think it's amazing how the simplest gifts exchanged with each other put a big smile on their faces. To imagine the mother being so pleased with a bar of soap and the 2 young boys thrilled to receive a chocolate bar. It goes to show that Christmas has nothing to do with having money, the finest foods and elaborate gifts but being blessed to be together and sharing the Christmas spirit.

That movie really moves me!
Well said! It was so heartwarming!
Very lovely story of people from different backgrounds, with different beliefs, uniting to celebrate Christmas Eve together. I remember reading that it was based on a true story, told by a man named Fritz Vincken- his character was one of the younger boys in the movie.
If you Google his name, you will find his story~
Thanks for reminding me how beautiful it was, I may have to add that dvd to my Christmas collection
Old 07-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Well said! It was so heartwarming!
Very lovely story of people from different backgrounds, with different beliefs, uniting to celebrate Christmas Eve together. I remember reading that it was based on a true story, told by a man named Fritz Vincken- his character was one of the younger boys in the movie.
If you Google his name, you will find his story~
Thanks for reminding me how beautiful it was, I may have to add that dvd to my Christmas collection
Yes, I looked him up before. Very interesting! You can google the movie online and get a great price for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (07-15-2011)
Old 07-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,617 Times in 578 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
[QUOTE=snowflake22;355931]I love the Good Witch series! Catherine Bell plays her character so well. Their town is so quaint & beautiful, too -I would love to live there.QUOTE]

I went to IMDB and found out that they have a fourth Good Witch movie scheduled to come out this year---can't wait!
The Following User Says Thank You to whitney37354 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (07-15-2011)