Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food » Eggnog Bread Pudding

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Food From eggnog to candy canes to ginger bread and beyond the flavors and treats of Christmas are a delight. Here we engage in all things connected to Christmas foods -- from recipes to how-to's. This section of the Merry Forums is presented by Merry Christmas Recipes, our own database of Christmas recipes, many of which get submitted by our users from around the world.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 12-12-2006, 08:07 AM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
Eggnog Bread Pudding

I saw this recipe in Woman's Day and thought someone might like it.

Ingredients:
4 large eggs
1 qt canned or refrigerated eggnog
10 slices raisin-cinnamon swirl bread

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2 qt. shallow baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Whisk eggs in a large bowl until blended. Whisk in eggnog.
3. Cut 4 slices bread in 1 inch cubes; arrange over bottom of prepared dish. Pour half the eggnog mixture over the top. Cut remaining slices diagonally in half; arrange decoratively on top. Pour remaining eggnog mixture over all.
4. Bake, uncovered, for 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar, if desired.

Different takes:
* add ground or freshly grated nutmeg to eggnog mixture
*sprinkle with chocolate chips before baking
*soak golden raisin and dried cherry blend in rum and scatter over bread cubes
Old 12-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Mistletoe is a new face around here!
This sounds delicious and looks so easy. Is it me or is eggnog especially good this year? We bought snowman goblets especially for it and are toasting ourselves silly. Oh well we can diet in January...
Old 05-17-2007, 10:23 AM
On the Naughty List

Jinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnog
mmmmmmmmm! That sounds delicious! gotta try it...
Old 05-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Merry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
That sounds delicious! Consider it added to my Seasonal recipe collection.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Not sure how I missed this recipe. It sounds really good...and looks like it would be simple to make. I love bread pudding and like eggnog. Thanks SPF!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,069 Times in 277 Posts
Laney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Mmmmmmm! This sounds so tasty. Can't wait to try it!
Old 07-16-2011, 08:44 AM

Last Achievements

Chef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry disposition
Eggnog Bread

That sounds delicious! You might also want to try eggnog bread. Fairly simple to make and tastes delicious with the eggnog glaze over the top. If you're having difficulty finding eggnog this time of year, I also have a simple recipe for that as well. Eggnog

Eggnog Bread

12 ingredients

3 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 egg, beaten
1 3/4 c. dairy eggnog
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. raisins
1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 to 3 tsp. eggnog

In a large mixing bowl, stir together all of the dry ingredients. In a second bowl, mix the egg, eggnog and oil and slowly mix in the dry ingredients. Mix in the nuts and raisins last. Pour mixture into a large greased loaf pan. Bake in a 350F oven for 60 to 765 minutes. Allow bread to cool in pan for 10 minutes after removing from the oven. Remove bread from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.

To glaze, stir together powdered sugar and enough eggnog to make glaze and pour over the bread.